Bullets and the Bible: Alabama church opens gun range

webfact

Bullets and the Bible: Alabama Church Opens Gun Range

JEMISON: -- Ever wanted to fire off some rounds in the name of the lord? You can do so at a church in Alabama, which has opened a gun range.

Behind the Rocky Mount United Methodist Church in Jemison, Alabama, lies a dirt-clay gun range where church members practice their marksmanship in between prayer. Pastor Phillip Guin said the idea for the range came out of a need to teach some his congregation’s gun owners about firearm safety.

Senior bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church Reverend John Richard Bryant claims that the United States suffers an unhealthy obsession with guns.

“We had quite a number of church members, some elderly ladies, for example, and some not-so-elderly women that had purchased guns, but didn’t know how to use them,” Guin told news station WIAT

Full story: http://sputniknews.com/us/20150817/1025819167.html

-- Sputnik 2015-08-17

What do you expect, it's "Redneck" territory, the land of marrying cousins, where you can find Bubba and Billy-Bob sitting on the old rickety wooden porch with a corn-cob pipe and a jug of moonshine.

Moonshine is good shyt. Beats the h-e-l-l out of Lao Khao.drunk.gif

What do you expect, it's "Redneck" territory, the land of marrying cousins, where you can find Bubba and Billy-Bob sitting on the old rickety wooden porch with a corn-cob pipe and a jug of moonshine.

You've seen too many movies like 'Deliverance.'

You are thinking of West Virginia...

Alabama men drive their pickups around with their favorite hunting dog in the front seat and wife and children in the back of the truck...chew tobacco and drink beer...work between hunting seasons...and camo is the clothing of choice...

I have a couple of guns back home, don't think they have shot or killed anybody lately.

When it comes to guns in America, far too many of them are used against humans and many of them who get shot, also happen to die. So what part of Thou shalt not kill do people not understand?

And by the way, there is no commandment against homosexuality but the christians seem to like to trot that one out

Alabama men drive their pickups around with their favorite hunting dog in the front seat and wife and children in the back of the truck...chew tobacco and drink beer...work between hunting seasons...and camo is the clothing of choice...

Yep. Shine is the breakfast of choice for our good ole hillbillies living in the Appalachian sticks, not Bama. Not sure anyone is cruising their family in the back of pickups these days, but my God I enjoyed riding in the bed of pickups when I was a kid in the 70s. Lol at the stereotypes though.

Yep. Shine is the breakfast of choice for our good ole hillbillies living in the Appalachian sticks, not Bama. Not sure anyone is cruising their family in the back of pickups these days, but my God I enjoyed riding in the bed of pickups when I was a kid in the 70s. Lol at the stereotypes though.

+1

I grew up in semi-rural New York State and we often rode in the back of pickups.

Then things changed and it became illegal.

Then things changed again and I moved to Thailand.

I hope I don't see any more changes.

+1

I grew up in semi-rural New York State and we often rode in the back of pickups.

How else can you take all 16 of the girlfriend's family to the market?

post-35489-0-98975300-1439889954_thumb.j

+1

How else can you take all 16 of the girlfriend's family to the market?

attachicon.gifpeople_in_the_back_of_a_pick_up.jpg

No problem for me... they all have their own means of transportation.

Now my wife's family... that's something else.

Edited by CMHomeboy78