North East fanatics: true or false

champers

Are they the best? Sunderland fans stampede for the exits on a regular basis and Newcastle fans hounded out Pardew last season. Sure, they turn up in their thousands, but there is little in the way of competition up there in terms of other clubs or other sports. Remember that Sunderland were in a cup final 18 months ago and both of them are in top class stadiums in the heart of the city. Loyalty lacking?

Loyalty to the team is not the same as loyalty to the manager or owner. I would never question the support or loyalty of Newcastle fans. Sunderland's away support is one of the best in the land in terms of quantity relative to team capability, judging by the two times I've seen them (at Wigan and Watford, albeit 3 and 15 years ago).

It's all bo77ocks.

I went to St. James with a geordie pal one afternoon, the atmosphere was so flat and the game so bad that at half time we went back to that pub outside the ground.

They are fIckle fans, but there's bugger all else to do in Newcastle during the day so they'll always get the crowds (and the tickets are filthy cheap too because most of them are soap dodging dole scroungers).

It's all bo77ocks.

I went to St. James with a geordie pal one afternoon, the atmosphere was so flat and the game so bad that at half time we went back to that pub outside the ground.

They are fIckle fans, but there's bugger all else to do in Newcastle during the day so they'll always get the crowds (and the tickets are filthy cheap too because most of them are soap dodging dole scroungers).

Bit harsh!!! biggrin.png

Well yet again Leeds fans were number 1 in the country for the amount of away fans taken. This includes ALL divisions and is a regular occurance. Ok I may be banging the drum for the team I support but when you consider the teams we have had to endure since the O'Leary days, and still do, it is a thing to be proud of. Add to that the crap that the football league has dished out to us regarding points deductions and fines, it makes some clubs support sit in the shadows. More than 4000 at Reading (200miles) on a Sunday and another sell out at Bristol City on a weds night (220miles) is no mean feat.

Why thank you

Well yet again Leeds fans were number 1 in the country for the amount of away fans taken. This includes ALL divisions and is a regular occurance. Ok I may be banging the drum for the team I support but when you consider the teams we have had to endure since the O'Leary days, and still do, it is a thing to be proud of. Add to that the crap that the football league has dished out to us regarding points deductions and fines, it makes some clubs support sit in the shadows. More than 4000 at Reading (200miles) on a Sunday and another sell out at Bristol City on a weds night (220miles) is no mean feat.

Why thank you

"Well yet again Leeds fans were number 1 in the country for the amount of away fans taken."

Source?

Why thank you

Not really a fair comparison. In the PL you wouldn't get as many as 4000 tickets for a game. That said, I'd say your lot are pretty loyal. Many were priced out during the Bates era.

Why thank you

But if I lived in Leeds, I'd want to get the f--- out of the place at every opportunity as well.

Why thank you

"Well yet again Leeds fans were number 1 in the country for the amount of away fans taken."

Source?

https://www.facebook.com/awaydayfootball/photos/a.625059177540252.1073741827.625056280873875/942955269083973/?type=1&comment_id=943039069075593&notif_t=like

Why thank you

Not really a fair comparison. In the PL you wouldn't get as many as 4000 tickets for a game. That said, I'd say your lot are pretty loyal. Many were priced out during the Bates era.

Yes I agree Champers, in the PL the home fans usually want to be at the game whereas the other divisions have many more available seats so can offer the away fans more tickets. Still, the distance and ko times that Leeds sell out for is quite impressive. As i said Bristol City tomorrow sold out on a weds night. Dont get me wrong its not only LUFC that have good away support, just nice to be at the top of some list again hahaha