Escalator malfunction scares shoppers at Gateway Ekamai

webfact

Escalator malfunction scares shoppers at Gateway Ekamai
By Coconuts Bangkok

esc.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Another escalator managed to scare people when one of its steps broke at Gateway Ekamai Saturday. The broken escalator forced shoppers to run up the stairs to avoid getting their legs chopped off. (It was maybe not as dramatic as that but it would make us run for our lives).

Just two weeks after an escalator broke into pieces at Wongsawang Town Center, this escalator on the first floor of Ekamai Gateway was also inducted into the Hall of Escalator Fail when its step broke and the whole thing abruptly stopped, forcing a crowd of confused shoppers to walk back up the stairs.

Source: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/17/escalator-malfunction-scares-shoppers-gateway-ekamai

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-17

I've seen many people hesitating to step onto the escalato latelyr. I didn't realise this happened so often. Many escalators in BKK don't roll smooth and i always wondered what causes it. Must be some broken bearring or so i guess.

Maybe i should start wearing safety shoes before going to the mall? Or just like many Thai do use the elevators instead?

But it's the same with elevators, when the overload sound is heard nobody will go out. The elevator won't move though so after a while the last person will finally go out.