Condo rental without Russians.

jimmybbb

Most of the Russians seem to have vanished. Our building used to have loads of them, but now there are hardly any.

Maybe they have gone even more down-market than my building. laugh.png

What area are you in KK? Not asking which condo block you live in just the area?

I wander how much that new building on 3rd rd will be at the top of chaiyapoom/lengkee

I'm in one of the many high-rises at the beginning (Pattaya end) of Jomtien, all of which used to be very popular with Russians.

I dont know much about that building at the top of Soi Lengkee, except that it has gone up quite fast. There is the Base also not far away from there, closer to Central. That's gone up fast too. Still plenty of space available around there for more high-rises.

Most of the Russians seem to have vanished. Our building used to have loads of them, but now there are hardly any.

Maybe they have gone even more down-market than my building. laugh.png

Yes, the same in the village here. I almost said, "What's a Russian?"

When I lived in a central Pattaya high rise with a swimming pool, there were a few Russians amongst the many other nationalities. I didn't find them to be noisy and when Svetlana and Irina wore those almost illegal bikinis at the pool, I was a happy chappy...

555...lucky you!! Jfyi they still wear those. Thats not enough for me however! .... I called Tara. Wooo, very pricey! Must be real nice. Great location near near the beach. Can not afford it. I think though spending around 20 might do the trick, as Balo suggested.

You can get a double condo at Lalaana for 10k ask for tom yum goong she has some good rental deals

If you mean Suan Lalaana theres plenty of Russians there, rooms go for 7000 baht.

Easy , just find one of the exclusive condos with monthly rental prices over 20k. Russians tend to choose the cheapest rooms they can find.

That may seem an obvious conclusion, but completely false.

Some of the most exclusive areas are occupied by our Russian friends.

Some Russians have more money than you can possibly imagine!

Easy , just find one of the exclusive condos with monthly rental prices over 20k. Russians tend to choose the cheapest rooms they can find.

I know but I am talking about Pattaya , not Phuket. The rich Russians are in a minority here , I can promise you that. But plenty of eastern Russians from the Siberia region and former Soviet countries like Kazakstan here. And they are not very rich , I have lived in the same area as them for a few years now. You will find them renting the cheapest rooms , they live whole families, 2 to 4 persons inside a 30-40 sqm room and seem happy about it , and do all their shopping at Tesco Lotus.

Edited by balo

Are you sure? I can imagine a lot.

But it's true that Russians in Pattaya tend to be down-market and looking for the cheapest places. And yes, there are some exceptions to that tendency.