HUGE BLAST in Downtown Bangkok. What was it ?

easybullet3

i live at Pratunam (a few minutes walk from Central World).

i'm in my room and I just heard the biggest Blast Noise (a huge Boom).

NOT THUNDER! (much louder) and just one.

it was so loud, i could feel the vibration of the sound waves through my stomach a bit !

just 5 minutes ago.

i have no idea what it was.

did anyone else hear it ?

i dont hear any ambulances.. so what could it have been ?

=======

UPDATE (15 minutes later)

=======

Ok, I can see Smoke coming up around Central World.. (near to Zen) ratchaprasong. (but I cant see the street, so i cant give any details)

and I can hear SIrens now comming.

from the sound of the blast, I can imagine it is big.

but I live up in the air (with a clear view of the area), maybe the sound carries better to my condo.

anyway.. it took a whole for emergency services to come.

talk about a pathetically slow response time... (around 15 minutes until I heard the first siren!!)

honestly,, for a small city (with police and mabulances near by,, that is a bad response time)

=======

UPDATE (25 minutes later)

=======

Now I can hear Major sirens and I can see tonnes of ambulances adn pollice filling up the road outside central world.

BUT: typically thai style.. so slow.. and no attempts to divert traffic.

Bangkok traffic going past central world as normal (despite huge bomb blast).

Edited by easybullet3

Dont like to speculate.,, but if its a

bomb whose the likely suspects , i suppose the red shirts or the southern separatists ?

rijit

This big, I doubt the red shirts they are violent but have never done anything this violent. If they have then I can see the junta staying in power longer.

i'm not going to go outside and have a look, so I cant report any further.

but its really buzzing with sirens.

and yes,, i felt the blast sound (vibrations of it) through my body in my condo a few mins walk from central world (at pratunam)..

tonnes of emergency services now I can see...

but really.. I must say how pathetically SLOW they were to arrive. (especially as its a couple of minutes drive away).

at least Emergency Bikes should have been the first ones to the scene... (but I heard NOTHING until at least 15 minutes after the blast).

that in itself is a story.. the shocking response time!

it has taken more than 40 minutes (since the blast) to free-up a lane of traffic so that emergency services vehicles can hurry to and from the blast site.

Edited by easybullet3