Arab-like man seen leaving bag at Erawan shrine before bomb explosion

webfact

Perhaps the police source need to make a few baht so he just fabricated the whole story. We don't know who the person is that passed on this info to the media and I doubt if there would be any adverse consequences suffered by him if only part of what he stated was true.

Don't forget every new twist in the ongoing saga sells newspapers and promotes an ever increasing scope of speculation.

Let me speculate and join in the hunt:

Perhaps within this group of poor unfortunate souls there was just one person who was to be killed for some unknown reason, however to avoid direct suspicion the assassin killed many. tongue.png

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bangkok bomb: Thailand says identity of shrine attackers 'much clearer'

Defence minister says police have suspects for bombing that killed 22, after army chief says attack did not bear hallmarks of southern separatists

Oliver Holmes and agencies in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is close to determining who detonated a bomb at a popular shrine in Bangkok that killed 22 people and injured 123, the country’s defence minister has said.

“It is much clearer who the bombers are, but I can’t reveal right now,” Prawit Wongsuwan said on Tuesday. “We have suspects. There are not many people.”

The government has blamed the attack, which ripped through a bustling part of the city at 7pm on Monday night, on forces seeking to destroy its tourist economy.

Much of the violence in the southeast Asian nation stems from a low-level insurgency waged by Muslim separatists in the south, but the country’s army chief said on Tuesday that the attack does not bear the hallmarks of the rebels.

“This does not match with incidents in southern Thailand. The type of bomb used is also not in keeping with the south,” Royal Thai Army chief and deputy defence minister General Udomdej Sitabutr said in a televised interview.

No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing of the Hindu Erawan shrine, a major attraction for visitors from Asia and for Thai people. Dedicated to the Hindu god Brahma, it is also popular among Thailand’s Buddhist and Chinese tourists.

Full story: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/18/bangkok-bomb-not-in-keeping-with-insurgent-attacks-says-army-chief

-- The Guardian 2015-08-18

Why do the authorities always line themselves up for a fall?

10256548_10153579811409686_4718578240054

Image of the suspect released by police. Hard to tell ethnicity - could be anything from these, but that shirt is quite distinctive.

Looks like a Korean tourist to me.

Definitely not Arab in any way, shape or form.

Why? because he's not dressed in your typical dish dash, shemagh and prayer cap? In other words, he doesn't stand out from the crowd, something that your average terrorist doesn't want to distinguish or set him apart from his surroundings, or targets.

Do you think that Terrorist and Islamic ones in particular, tend to walk about wearing something that easily identifies them as bad guys?

I suspect it was Burmese. A Thai could never do such a thing. w00t.gif

Talk about beating a dead horse. I vote that the next person who uses this unoriginal post should be banned.

I vote that the next Thai Apologist that want to decide what others can write should be banned ... bah.gif

After all its not a sentence that was invented by a non-thai, remember that .... ? which reminds me that horrible case, thats totally skrewd up by RTP, is on again from today ... A case that can finish Thailand as a tourist destination for a long period - if B2 found guilty I vote for "Boycott Thailand" ...

Image of the suspect released by police. Hard to tell ethnicity - could be anything from these, but that shirt is quite distinctive.

I saw this earlier, Thai friends were sharing... Some think he disguised his appearance and images are not really clear, so I agree hard to tell ethnicity from this... Personally I tend to think the incident is connected to domestic political issues (other than the South), but I don't think one can rule out a connection to the Uighur issue based on statements from government - just not sure they have the capacity to carry it out. In China there was an incident where Uighurs attacked people in a railway station with knives, but don't see them likely suspects here.... But in the end whether linked, Uighurs, red shirts, or the southern issue the people responsible are evil and need to be caught and justice brought down on them....

Posts accusing previous leaders of being responsible & replies to them have been removed. The poster in question has been a member long enough to know this is not tolerated here. More of the same will result in a long suspension.

I saw this earlier, Thai friends were sharing... Some think he disguised his appearance and images are not really clear, so I agree hard to tell ethnicity from this... Personally I tend to think the incident is connected to domestic political issues (other than the South), but I don't think one can rule out a connection to the Uighur issue based on statements from government - just not sure they have the capacity to carry it out. In China there was an incident where Uighurs attacked people in a railway station with knives, but don't see them likely suspects here.... But in the end whether linked, Uighurs, red shirts, or the southern issue the people responsible are evil and need to be caught and justice brought down on them....

He definitely tried to disguise himself. Notice the loose T-shirt, loose bermudas, sunglasses and I would bet the guy was wearing some sort of a wig. Anyway, I'm afraid he is already out of Thailand. It takes only few hours to get to Cambodia. It really could be anyone. There are people out there who will do anything for the right amount of money. But then again, even if you catch them alive, you've got to link them to the paymasters.

Come on the TV barstool forensics team. Let's get that rumour mill grinding. IS? Alaqeda? Someone from the south? Maybe the old scapegoat Mr T and the red shirts paid for an Arab looking cut out so suspicion would not lead back to them?

This is a discussion forum. What would you expect the content to be?

I've come here for news, opinion and convincing hypothesis. I skip the posts from loonies... normally.

You must do more skipping than reading . . .

He definitely tried to disguise himself. Notice the loose T-shirt, loose bermudas, sunglasses and I would bet the guy was wearing some sort of a wig. Anyway, I'm afraid he is already out of Thailand. It takes only few hours to get to Cambodia. It really could be anyone. There are people out there who will do anything for the right amount of money. But then again, even if you catch them alive, you've got to link them to the paymasters.

Looks like a nerdy Thai to me, i bet he has false underwear on as well.

Get serious. There was another attempt to kill few more tourists this afternoon at Thaksin Bridge Pier. Fortunately a human scum missed it and threw the bomb in the river. No casualties.

BREAKING: SECOND BANGKOK BOMBING HIT TOURIST BOAT PIER

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439884118&section=12&typecate=06

Edited by Mackie

and so the profiling begins!

And they never mention that he probably has a wife and family.

The Thai government is always under too much pressure to solve something.

Maybe it is time that it stepped down, if it can;t stand the heat.

Or have Ocha appoint his brother as leader.

I think the dissatisfaction with the current coup is finally showing it's head.

'Arab like man' Oh Please! What does that mean?

Did he have a white dish-dash and red and white headscarf with the words 'I love IS' written on it?

or was he an olive skinned man with a stubbly beard...like a billion other men from Buenos Aires to Athens to Dubai.

someone seen his lol before in the restroom : 5555

'Arab like man' Oh Please! What does that mean?

Did he have a white dish-dash and red and white headscarf with the words 'I love IS' written on it?

or was he an olive skinned man with a stubbly beard...like a billion other men from Buenos Aires to Athens to Dubai.

that means he looks like an arab, not tooo hard to understand I would not think

I'm a caucasisn American with southern European roots on my father's side. Thais have often said that I look like a "kaek," so I don't put much stock in this description yet. Early leads in an investigation like this are notoriously unreliable. Or, maybe it was the work of Basque separatists-- speculation leads to absurdity.

But skilled people (Thai Police??????) could easily tell that you aren't a Saudi Arab. Most Europeans can't see a difference between Thai, Chinese and Japanese, the same for the usual Thai, they can't see the difference between an Italian and a Iraqi.....

because many thais are Chinese of origin 5555555555555

and many thais are Laotians 555555555555

Eye witness reports are terrible evidence since the mind will "fill in the blanks" If you are thinking Middle Eastern terrorists then that is what you will "see" even if the are actually from Brazil. It's a universal failing.

That's from my experience being an expert witness many times. You can't base him being Arabic on that information.

However, as a betting man......

I was reading a speculative article on the guardian last night, it mentioned there were three possible sources if it was Muslim related:

-Southern insurgents (but it doesnt fit their previous behaviour)

-ISIS

-Uighar muslims retaliating for the recent mass deportations to China

I almost hope it is one of those rather than something political, for the sake of thailand's stability.

All three suggestions could be motivated by separatism - not political?

Edited by micmichd

i didnt notice anyone mention hes wearing 2 sweat bands half way up his forearms, theyre normally worn on the wrist. maybe he has tattoos under them? but then its not normal for arab looking people to have forearm tattoos, maybe hes a spray tanned brit? no ones got a dig in at them yet.