Somyot says Ratchaprasong bomber aided by some Thais

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess it is the work of Thaksin supporters but I suspect they got the recipe wrong and it was more powerful than anticipated thus the second bomb was thrown in the river. Regardless it is a terrible thing to do. I also believe they very well may have used a foreign operative or tried to disguise the man as a "muslim terrorist". The resulting damage to the economy and tourism is the goal. If the economy weakens there is room for revolt and the return of the Thaksin supporters. The Chinese have been coming in droves helping save the economy and this is not what Thaksin had hoped for after being stripped of his rank.

Edited by losworld

My guess it is the work of Thaksin supporters but I suspect they got the recipe wrong and it was more powerful than anticipated thus the second bomb was thrown in the river. Regardless it is a terrible thing to do. I also believe they very well may have used a foreign operative or tried to disguise the man as a "muslim terrorist". The resulting damage to the economy and tourism is the goal. If the economy weakens there is room for revolt and the return of the Thaksin supporters. The Chinese have been coming in droves helping save the economy and this is not what Thaksin had hoped for after being stripped of his rank.

Just can't help yourself from looking through those anti-Thaksin, anti-Red shirt glasses, can you?

Oh, and for the record, Thaksin HAS NOT been stripped of his rank yet. That is still pending. Just thought you might want to know that.

Just can't help yourself from looking through those anti-Thaksin, anti-Red shirt glasses, can you?

Oh, and for the record, Thaksin HAS NOT been stripped of his rank yet. That is still pending. Just thought you might want to know that.

It's all theory at this point. No anti Thaksin element. Just based on possible motivating factors. If you have a better theory present it.

Have his armbands been overlooked on this thread? Since the passing of the 80's fashion craze approximately 0 people in 100000 (estimate) wear sweatbands on the middle of their arms, with the exception maybe of nut jobs concealing self harm marks or organised criminals concealing tats from cameras and witnesses.

Have his armbands been overlooked on this thread? Since the passing of the 80's fashion craze approximately 0 people in 100000 (estimate) wear sweatbands on the middle of their arms, with the exception maybe of nut jobs concealing self harm marks or organised criminals concealing tats from cameras and witnesses.

Good points but maybe these arm bands are beneficial in some labor jobs for carrying objects with outstretched arms? They may also be concealing tattoos or identifying markings.

Good points but maybe these arm bands are beneficial in some labor jobs for carrying objects with outstretched arms? They may also be concealing tattoos or identifying markings.

Or as has been speculated, they could be beneficial in making people believe the perpetrator has identifiable features on their arms which they are trying to hide.

Actually the economy is tanking without the " help" of acts of terrorism and a few hundred thousand Chinese on cheap package tours aren't going to change that.

But everything is of course the fault of the bogeyman in Dubai!

He might be wrong, but why is it so hard to believe? There were explosives involved. Did some foreigner manage to smuggle in explosives as well, or is it more they likely acquired them in Thailand? Of course it isn't impossible for someone familiar with Thailand to also bring in or aquire explosives without a Thai involved, then pull this off, and maybe a second attempt by walking or riding accross the bridge by himself. But that's a lot of stuff for one person to do by themselves.

I could make some explosives this morning if I wanted to it's that easy.

Sure you could....gigglem.gif

That's a stretch. This is the only such job as you describe that I can think of.

25032012060854pm.png

So there we have it.......be on the lookout for Shaolin monks.

"He said it was impossible for a foreigner to come into Bangkok and would able to know where to go and how to hike motorcycle across the bridge."

Mayhaps he had ummm...errr... been there a couple times before?

Yes plus maybe guide books, tourists maps and all the useful bumf from TAT etc.

Maybe he has lived here for quite a while...like many of us have??

He might be wrong, but why is it so hard to believe? There were explosives involved. Did some foreigner manage to smuggle in explosives as well, or is it more they likely acquired them in Thailand? Of course it isn't impossible for someone familiar with Thailand to also bring in or aquire explosives without a Thai involved, then pull this off, and maybe a second attempt by walking or riding accross the bridge by himself. But that's a lot of stuff for one person to do by themselves.

I could make some explosives this morning if I wanted to it's that easy.

Sure you could....gigglem.gif

Sodium chlorate mixed with sugar. Look it up, YouTube has some vids too. It is frighteningly easy, did it as a teen and let the pipe bombs off in the woods for fun. Yes I was an idiot.

How this man and other stupid foreigners overcome the impossibility of coming to Thailand and not getting lost for all eternity

1. Lift hand to hail a cab

2. Point at picture of shrine

3. Leave bag

4. Hail a motorbike

5. Point to picture of hotel / business card of hotel

Not every human on the planet needs to go on an organized tour bus to get around a country

Please for the love of sanity tell me that he is holding information back.

Speech kind sir is silver, silence is gold

that's exactly what it turns out he did

Will be applying for my police officer badge in the morning

"He said it was impossible for a foreigner to come into Bangkok and would able to know where to go and how to hike motorcycle across the bridge."

Yes indeed but as always here there's the potential problem that as facts arise they don't fit the officially desired scenario that some senior officer has been in a rush to spout off about.

Yes indeed but as always here there's the potential problem that as facts arise they don't fit the officially desired scenario that some senior officer has been in a rush to spout off about.

Somyot ... "said it was impossible for a foreigner to come into Bangkok and would able to know where to go and how to hike motorcycle across the bridge."

Somyot... "Somyot also said he believes the suspect is likely to have been in Thailand for at least three years, as he knew the area well."

----------------

He knows how to inspire confidence does he not?

If you look at yellow shirt man you will see he his carrying a plastic carry bag after leaving the backpack, maybe he has nothing to do with the bomb but was paid to leave the backpack and pick up his money then call to say job done then whoever are behind the bomb where close by a set it off.

Looked like water bottles in one picure I saw - maybe to look lke he was just a tourist shopping??

How does one hike a motorcycle? This sentence has me quite stumped facepalm.gif

Indeed a truly qualified remark.

Meanwhile, you can bet the Thais have run straight off to the embassies of U.S., Israel, China to plead for information, intelligence and forensic assistance. Guaranteed.

I would certainly hope so. I also hope that they are coordinating with Interpol, Australia, and every other agency you can think of.

RTP bomb forensics has already said that the bomb construction was of a type they have never seen before. But maybe it has been seen somewhere else. It would be stupid for them not to avail themselves of the expertise of the rest of the world. No one likes terrorists.