Pattaya Baht Bus Drivers told to improve standards at North Pattaya meeting

webfact

Pattaya Baht Bus Drivers told to improve standards at North Pattaya meeting

meet-5.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday a meeting was held to discuss how to improve standards relating to the work of Pattaya Baht Bus Drivers.

The meeting was held at the Long Beach Hotel & Spa in North Pattaya and chaired by Khun Terayut, Deputy Governor of Chonburi Province and Khun Chakorn, the Banglamung District Chief and was creatively entitled “Chonburi Tourist Development in the ASEAN Economic Community”.

Despite the title of the meeting its sole purpose was to make another attempt to regulate Pattaya Baht Bus Drivers. 200 of them attended the meeting and were told that numerous complaints, mostly from Tourists, had been received by the local authorities.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/212429/pattaya-baht-bus-drivers-told-to-improve-standards-at-north-pattaya-meeting/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-21

The Pattaya baht buss, for the newbies here, are the real mafia of Pattaya, they all should be

disbanded and replaced with other mode of transportations that are more in tune with the times,

however, easy said than done, being THE mafia, they are there to stay for ever, and no matter

what they will be told to do, they will be what they were always been, an unruly mob on wheels...

Sorry... but are Baht Bus and Songthaew just different names for the same vehicle? I never heard them called Baht Buses when I was in Chiang Mai and other areas in that part of Thailand.

Or is this just a new simple name for them..

Just curious...

Sorry... but are Baht Bus and Songthaew just different names for the same vehicle? I never heard them called Baht Buses when I was in Chiang Mai and other areas in that part of Thailand.

Or is this just a new simple name for them..

Just curious...

Same same.

Baht bus mafia, jet ski mafia, clogged drains leading to flooding. When problems like these have been taken care of I know that real progress has been made.

In the mean time I'm not holding my breath...coffee1.gif

What is a tourist complaint ? clap2.gifcheesy.gif

This is the number to call for complaints about these jerks : 1584 And have a Thai do the talking

note : I dont even get on about half these baht buses ( by number ) because of the drivers. Especially the smokers.

Edited by morrobay

Baht bus mafia, jet ski mafia, clogged drains leading to flooding. When problems like these have been taken care of I know that real progress has been made.

In the mean time I'm not holding my breath...coffee1.gif

This meeting is about the same " progress " that those big yellow signs along Beach rd about traffic enforcement have on the problem. AS well as those ridiculous traffic signals.

Edited by morrobay

The Pattaya baht buss, for the newbies here, are the real mafia of Pattaya, they all should be

disbanded and replaced with other mode of transportations that are more in tune with the times,

however, easy said than done, being THE mafia, they are there to stay for ever, and no matter

what they will be told to do, they will be what they were always been, an unruly mob on wheels...

For a city this size not to have a full size bus service : Amazing Thailand.

Straight through each and every "empty-head".

They will continue to disregard politeness and road manners.

Again, no real policing, so what's to stop them ? Nothing !

"Straight through each and every "empty-head".

I guess not everyone is as polite & well-mannered as you.

Straight through each and every "empty-head".

They will continue to disregard politeness and road manners.

Again, no real policing, so what's to stop them ? Nothing !

"Straight through each and every "empty-head".

I guess not everyone is as polite & well-mannered as you.

I guess you dont have very much experience riding these baht buses. Anyone who has not had a problem with them has not been here long enough.

Edited by morrobay

For a city this size not to have a full size bus service : Amazing Thailand.

They have had bus services, but they died from lack of passengers. Not much point in adding empty buses to the city traffic. Amazing farang comment.

post-145917-0-96866400-1440127501_thumb.

Living just outside Sri Racha, I am envious of Pattaya Baht Buses. To get home, I wait at Sukhumvit for the Baht Bus to come from the market area. Often it will already be full with maybe another 10 people wanting to get on (they run very few and far between). They run for a further 10-15 km, stopping for more pax until they turn around to come back. At the stop just off Sukhumvit, there are usually 2 or 3 buses parked but they will refuse to put one more on the road as it will not be overloaded enough. The one bus leaves will people already hanging on like grim death. How they steer it I've no idea as the front is really high and the back almost scraping the ground. Local police are totally unconcerned.

The nine-baht buses are a crime against both customers and drivers. Most should have been retired from service 10+ years ago and held together with crude spot welds, tape and cords. Having no air con, crude driver accomodations, only a few working rotary ceiling fans, crankerous gearboxes, and under-powered, their replacement should be a priority for the current government. These buses are also noncompliant with ANY handicap regulation.

Keep fares the same and continue subsidize the operations. What better use of government funds than to buy submarines?

I usually just pay the 10 baht going north or south near the beach. No problems. Never talk to driver when going on this route.

But the problems come when you need to go elsewhere. The price may get very expensive.

But the so called Pattaya meter taxis are even worse. They refuse to use meter and will not go anywhere below 150 b or so.

I would like to see baht buses clearly labelled in english and thai as to where they are headed to…..how many times have people climbed aboard a bathtubs intending to go to soi 2 and see it turning left on to the beach at pattaya klang?

The nine-baht buses are a crime against both customers and drivers. Most should have been retired from service 10+ years ago and held together with crude spot welds, tape and cords. Having no air con, crude driver accomodations, only a few working rotary ceiling fans, crankerous gearboxes, and under-powered, These buses are also noncompliant with ANY handicap regulation.

Are you talking about Pattaya baht buses?

FYI. Most of the Pattaya baht buses are in a reasonable condition, although some need refurbishment.

Pattaya baht buses have no air con and I've never seen one with A fan in the passenger area.

And for handicapped baht buses some drivers will get out and the pax onto the bus. (Notice I only said SOME.)

And what is a nine baht bus. Ten baht is the fare in Pattaya??

I met a silly old man on a baht bus the other day who was insisting the actual fare was 9 baht. He appeared touched. He was showing off the 9 baht he was going to pay. I got off before he paid. Everyone tried to politely ignore him, bless his heart.

Why "Knock" the Baht Bus drivers etc.....I find this is a plus in Pattaya, 10 baht from Jomtien to central Pattaya etc....be lost and expensive if you had to use these "Meter Less" taxis or Motor Bikes....

Rubbish......and can you really imagine a Pattaya bus running on time...should be carefull what you wish for.....whistling.gif

I would like to see baht buses clearly labelled in english and thai as to where they are headed to…..how many times have people climbed aboard a bathtubs intending to go to soi 2 and see it turning left on to the beach at pattaya klang?

I used to just wave down the songtheaw and tell the driver the name of the street I wanted to go to and would ask him how much. Thao rai krap เท่าไหร่, กี่...? ( I think that's correct Thai script 555). Sometimes he might go a bit of a round about way... but we would always eventually get there. (Thai time...555 )

Then going along the street I wanted... I would just press the buzzer button... get off and pay him and thank him. No problem... I love songtheaw baht buses... In Chiang Mai... the red ones go around the city and take you up to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep... and the yellow ones near the north bus terminal would take you north to places like Chiang Dao and further.. Good.. cheap... travel...

Why "Knock" the Baht Bus drivers etc.....I find this is a plus in Pattaya, 10 baht from Jomtien to central Pattaya etc....be lost and expensive if you had to use these "Meter Less" taxis or Motor Bikes....

The issues are complaints received...

I suspect they are:

• Over charging.
  • Drivers turning off the route.
  • Overloaded buses.
  • Drivers parked outside shopping malls, etc, quoting ridicules fees and frightening of the honest drivers.

Wow, can you be more dramatic? Where did you grow up? Disneyland. Candyland? You would be the first to cry foul if you walked out your door and they were not their to peddle your butt all of over town for 10 baht. Maybe they should get out their vehicle and hold your hand as you enter and exit the baht bus? Free refreshments on board?