Power Transformers

jasonc

I decided I wanted to waste time and get a stupid game system. I know... bad decision from the beginning. I had friends ship me an X-Box system from the states. The games are regional specific like DVDs and I didn't want a PAL, Region 3, 200 V system that wouldn't work once I returned to the states.

I got the system via Fed Ex in 3 days. I rushed to Radio Shack for a power transformer with enough Amps to run the one system. I plugged it in and it all worked with no hitches.. for a few days...

One day I returned to my room and found the transformer had burned up. The table had burn marks on it and the transformer plastic had melted. I plugged in the X-Box into another transformer I had and it does not work. I guess the power supply is a goner.

MY ADVISE TO YOU: Don't bring any electronics overseas that are NOT multi voltage rated. If you must, get a reliable transformer before you depart. Better to just get the equipment after you arrive.

I am actually lucky I didn't burn down my building and also lucky it was just a game system and not anything important. Still a bummer to have the X-Box blow in less than a week!