Fake Nails, Acrylic Or Gel

natalie8

Hi ladies. I want to get fake nails to cover my ever-breaking crappy nails. In the west, you can get gel nails, which are better that acrylic. Are gel nails available in Bangkok? If not, can you reccomend a good salon for acrylic nails?

I prefer on near the BTS or MRT.

Edited by natalie8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Nat did you do this before you moved? I see Panipa near my office does gel nails. Anyone got any other places in Silom/Sathorn area that is good? I've never had falsies but mine are in such bad shape I'm ashamed to let clients see them, especially Thai women who generally seem to have such nice hands. Thinking maybe my real ones would grow out under false ones, is that how it works?

Edited by Goinghomesoon

Be very careful about hygiene. I had gel nails done here for some time about 4 years ago. The technicians weren't very hot on hygiene & technique (& I didn't realise they were doing wrong). I got dreadful fungal infections - some nails (my own) were pitted & flaked off in layers & some came off completely. Not pretty. Make sure you go to a reputable salon & if you know anything about how they should be applied, make sure it's done correctly.

You could check out Dasy Design International in Sukhumvit. They are very professional and know what they are talking about.

Salon: Take Care Nail Spa

Phone: 02-712650

Salon: Nailtica

Phone:

Salon: Secret of Nails

Phone: 06-3157344

Salon: Nailclub

Phone: 02-2030107

Salon: My Nails

Phone: 02-25115549

Salon: N Nail & Beauty

Phone: 01-5718662

Salon: Nails Up

Phone: 02-8779971-2

Salon: Nailovi

Phone: 02-2040959

Salon: Nine @ Nine

Phone: 02-7919585

Salon: Nail's Heaven

Phone: 02-9548027

Salon: My Nails

Phone: 02-25675009

Salon: @Nail

Phone: 01-8173222

Have those who have tried this had any permanent nail damage? What happens when they grow out and you can't replace them?

I am a nail biter. Semi-reformed (I don't bite to the quick and can manage to grow nails out a bit before biting them back :o ). So, would something like this allow my real nails to grow out? Would my real nails be weakened by this? (assuming it was done correctly and not ala NR's experience).

Hi,

Your nails will grow out completely under either acrylic, silk or gels but eventually they will weaken your nails. Your natural nail will be softer and thinner for a little while when you remove the acrylic. Having said that they're a great way to get you used to having nails and taking care of them. I'd go acrylic because it's the strongest.

If you have length on your nails already you could always just go for tips or an acrylic overlay.

Choose a nail shape that suits your hands too.

:o

I got acrylic nails done just a few weeks ago. I have had them in the US, so know what to look for as far as technique. I was pleased that rather than using plastic extensions and overlaying that with acrylic they did pure acrylic over a foil/paper form. I am quite happy with the results. They used liberal amounts of the antifungal liquid. You'll need to have them "filled" every week or two at the base of the nail, depending on how fast your nails grow and how good a job of keeping the cuticles pushed back you did before getting the nails.

Once you have acrylic nails, always use gloves to immerse your hands in water, like for dishwashing or hand laundry. Remove the polish once a week and closely examine the nails, using a strong light source, for small dark discolored spots. That's the beginning of a fungal infection. If you have just one or two very small spots, they may be treatable by heavy application of the antifungal liquid and keeping the nails. If the spots are bigger or you have more than one or two the acrylic nails must be removed. Please get that done at the nail salon, do not try to do it at home! Always get a nail that is pulling loose fixed as soon as possible to keep fungus from getting a start under the nail.

When the acrylic nails are removed the remaining natural nail is considerably weaker than the original nail. This is partly due to the filing of the nail surface that must be done to allow the acrylic to adhere firmly. Once the acrylic nail is removed, you'll probably want to cut the natural nails to fingertip length at most, if they didn't tear or break already during removal. It's not a good way to grow out nails. It is a good way to learn how to live with long nails, and to break a nail-biting habit.

My nail issue is very weak nails that crack and tear when they reach 1/8 inch long, if even that long. Acrylic nails work for me, and just plain make me feel prettier and more feminine.

PLZ; just consider the length of those nails too;cause the fake long nails would look :o .Remember u can't go back to your own natural ones cause they will be yellow and fragile .

Once u choose the fake option in anything;u will not be satisfied with the real available ones in hand :D

I suggest u invest in milk and calcium pills and u will get a very natural,strong and unbreakable nails (enough to make deep scratches). :D

I don't know how they measure up against gel, but silk ones are available at panipa. They have several branches so the best thing to do is google them. :o

I also got o panipa, they r nice, good price, excellent service. ekammai soi 19 :D

• 4 months later...