Poll: Online 90 day reporting success or fail.

Success or Failure:dong online 90 day report  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No problems, Chaengwattana. Darned annoying though, to have to use a friend's PC and have to learn how to use Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer to do so. (Working out how to print the receipt was particularly challenging.)

if the problem is that you are a Mac user, csn do it in Safari which has a function that lets it work on dites tjay only take IE. Develop ---> user agent --->select IE.

I think there is a similar function for Firefox but might require an add-on.

Thanks for that, but I'm on Linux. For me changing the user agent in Chrome and Firefox didn't work. The developers have used non-standards compliant techniques in their application - techniques which aren't supported by the two browsers I tried.

• Like 1

No problems, Chaengwattana. Darned annoying though, to have to use a friend's PC and have to learn how to use Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer to do so. (Working out how to print the receipt was particularly challenging.)

if the problem is that you are a Mac user, csn do it in Safari which has a function that lets it work on dites tjay only take IE. Develop ---> user agent --->select IE.

I think there is a similar function for Firefox but might require an add-on.

Thanks for that, but I'm on Linux. For me changing the user agent in Chrome and Firefox didn't work. The developers have used non-standards compliant techniques in their application - techniques which aren't supported by the two browsers I tried.

As you have discovered open source operating systems do have limitations!

Why not think about creating a dual boot system?

As you have discovered open source operating systems do have limitations!

Why not think about creating a dual boot system?

To be honest, this was the first time in more than 10 years that I have needed to use Microsoft Windows. The real limitations are with developer who in this day and age don't develop using official Internet standards and who don't test on platforms other than Internet Explorer/Microsoft Windows. I find it particularly ridiculous that Immigration's application was developed exclusively for a browser which Microsoft themselves had said they are committed to abandoning.

• Like 2

Completed the poll....got the pending, never got approval. Chiang Mai office.

Same here.. Been over a month and still shows pending (I mailed it in after 3 days of pending)...

You would think there would be SOMEONE monitoring the system and at least change the status to FAIL or something after a certain amount of time...

Edited by sfokevin

RogerL (Hubby) successfully used it, but with reservations. Well, actually I filed it for him. It was the first time I've ever known him to give me the OK to proceed onto a Thai website that our various security screening programs didn't like. The website doesn't have a proper security certificate and it raises all sorts of red flags with various security check packages.

Normally when I try to surf onto a Thai website and receive this kind of warning, my instruction from the in-house IT Dept (Hubyy) is to close it out immediately and proceed no further.

• Like 1

Chiangmai

Reported on-line 2nd June 2015. Pending.

A few hours later, same day, received Approved.

Reported on-line 16 August 2015. Pending.

As of today, 3rd Sept 2015, still pending.

Off to Promenada tomorrow before I am 'too late' for the report!

Had one success just a few days after the program went live. All went very well, no problems. Next 90-day was at the Immi office after filing my extension. Then next one just two weeks ago using the online app was a FAIL on the last few lines of the personal info. Just would not hold the info, app was quivering like a dog with the ague. Note this was on Win 7 with IE.

Per the comment by AyG, I very much concur in everything he wrote regarding the developers. I am also a Linux user, the Chrome IE extension did not work for the filing. Changed to another computer, very run-of-the-mill Windows 7 box and ran IE (ugghhh). Good intentions by the Immi folks, poor execution by the noob coder.

My first online 90 - day report I completed with no problems. Today for my second attempt I have 2 problems 1. Untrusted Certificate warning appears (IE). 2. I decided to try anyway but cant get past the first page, message "contact imm. office. Looks like I'll be making a trip to CW!

Completed the poll....got the pending, never got approval. Chiang Mai office.

Same here.. Been over a month and still shows pending (I mailed it in after 3 days of pending)...

You would think there would be SOMEONE monitoring the system and at least change the status to FAIL or something after a certain amount of time...

...and did you get your mail report confirmation slip back from CM imm.? If so, how long did it take?

I'm considering trying the on-line reporting 15 day before my due date, giving them 3 day and if not approved, doing a mail in.

Edited by rawhod

Tried to vote yes all good but the poll seems to want both questions answered and the 2nd question has no provision for successful online reporting? wacko.png

Mine's Jomtien office and approved twice online with my 3rd online report due in a couple more weeks. clap2.gif

Get message to visit my local immigration office....entered before 2013 (in 2008) and haven't left country since plus renewed passport once. Nice system for those last entering 2013 or later; it's a don't work system for those last entering before 2013. Sad immigration couldn't have done a better job of including everyone in the initial database---they have all our info in their system.

Get message to visit my local immigration office....entered before 2013 (in 2008) and haven't left country since plus renewed passport once. Nice system for those last entering 2013 or later; it's a don't work system for those last entering before 2013. Sad immigration couldn't have done a better job of including everyone in the initial database---they have all our info in their system.

Except much of that system is in manual ledgers (particularly in the provinces). They would need to go back through years of ledgers, work out if somebody is still in the country and then manually enter the data into the computer system. A Herculean task. They had to cut off somewhere.

I voted yes, but I have both succeeded and failed.

First time in May my 90 day report was accepted.

Second time earlier this month my report was never processed by Chiang Mai Immigration. Based on my own experience and reports here on TV, I believe Chiang Mai stopped processing the online reports when they moved to the new Immigration office at Promenada.

Sophon

Yes everything collapsed when they made the "move" to Promenada strange??

Except much of that system is in manual ledgers (particularly in the provinces). They would need to go back through years of ledgers, work out if somebody is still in the country and then manually enter the data into the computer system. A Herculean task. They had to cut off somewhere.

They just need to use the information in the system from your most recent 90 day report. I don't know about manual ledgers being kept which some provinces may still use...ever since I've arrived Thailand in 2008 and reported at Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok, they take the 90 day report you hand them, go into their computer system to confirm the information matches (i.e, passport number, name, address, etc), updated their system, and then print you out a new report receipt. It's always been computerized at CW. They have all the info they need right now to make an online reporting system work for "everyone" if they really wanted to.

• Like 1