PM satisfied with govt.'s fight against corruption

Lite Beer

PM satisfied with govt.'s fight against corruption

BANGKOK, 22 August 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed his satisfaction with the government's anti-corruption performance after a survey found that the current anti-corruption situation in Thailand is the best in six years.

The PM said in his weekly TV program on Friday that the government and the National Council for Peace and Order highly prioritized anti-corruption and included it in the national agenda. He cited the results of the survey conducted in June by the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce on the corruption situation in Thailand. The findings suggested that the problem of corruption in Thailand would likely improve and the government's solutions to it had saved the country almost 200 billion baht, said the premier.

The government's budgets for various projects had reached the public and effectively stimulated the economy, said the PM.

Gen. Prayut said he hoped that Thai people would give moral support to the government and join hands to eradicate corruption from the Thai society.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-22 footer_n.gif

The PM said in his weekly TV program on Friday that the government and the National Council for Peace and Order highly prioritized anti-corruption and included it in the national agenda.

Gee, with twenty innocent people, including little children, being blown apart just a few days ago, and zero progress on making any arrests, I would think terrorism would take priority on the agenda of the Peace and Order Council.

Guess not.

The new chief of police, with half a billion in the bank, is too rich to be corrupt. I am sure he will be the man that stops corruption. Well done to the PM for keeping this appointment transparent and affirming our faith in you.

The new chief of police, with half a billion in the bank, is too rich to be corrupt. I am sure he will be the man that stops corruption. Well done to the PM for keeping this appointment transparent and affirming our faith in you.

I thought he had just under a billion unless he had to pay half of it to get the job?

Gen. Prayut said he hoped that Thai people would give moral support to the government and join hands to eradicate corruption from the Thai society.

General, would be great if you were to give some of us moral support by getting into the Udon Thani Immigration office and sorting it out!

Edited by bdenner

Superb sarcasm ! Keep it up jaidam ! thumbsup.gif

(wonder if it goes over the head of any anti-junta "fanboys" (their term, not mine) and you are attacked for daring to make such an outlandish statement ? biggrin.png

(wonder if it goes over the head of any anti-junta "fanboys" (their term, not mine) and you are attacked for daring to make such an outlandish statement ? biggrin.png

"..anti-junta "fanboys" (their term, not mine).."

Actually, it really is your term, but as usual don't let facts get in the way of your drivel.

A year down the line Mike, and you still can't see through this man or his Government?

It said it all in another thread that some officials found guilty had their salaries cut by 2-4 %!!

Awesome message to send out to the masses eh?

Corruption is only bad when it's done by the "other guys " ?

Actually, it really is your term, but as usual don't let facts get in the way of your drivel.

Sorry it's not Mikes, it was mine, I started using it ages ago Mike just uses it Carpe Diem 5555

I applaud the valiant PM and his fight against corruption. The way he bravely welcomed all inquiries regarding his, his family and the rest of the government's/generals finances is an exemplary way of.....

Oh, wait a minute.........coffee1.gif

Tell that to Fern and the thousands of others paying higher bribes than ever

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/money/article/thai-sex-shops-street-bars-survive-corruption-crackdown

Article sums it up. What happened was that on seizing power all players held their collective breaths and adopted a wait and see attitude, they then simply exhaled and put the prices up. Nothing's changed. How could it when there's been no overhaul of their bureaucracy. All of it including judiciary and police reform. Perhaps they like it exactly the way it is. For some reason.

Not anymore, that list was sanitised before being released no doubt, but what about the other lists that were allegedly sent in ?

This Junta is about as serious as stopping corruption as the major pharmaceutical companies are about finding the cure for cancer!!

Sorry it's not Mikes, it was mine, I started using it ages ago Mike just uses it Carpe Diem 5555

Junta fanboys or anti-junta fanboys?

The only guy that was arrested was the CIB guy and his assets were sized but due to a fallout which can't be discussed here. Other then that nothing has changed but then again this is TIT. I heard the same statements from all previous PM 's as well either elected or none elected.

Edited by MobileContent

PM is satisfy with fight against corruption as long as you don't bring the fight to the military or the police. Both these organizations have a pact not to intrude in each other corruption.

There is an online article by Sanitsuda Ekachai (Minnows cops it (should be "hit") hard, as big fish prosper, which confirms the above. The article can be found at the BKK-Post.

Edited by fxe1200

General, would be great if you were to give some of us moral support by getting into the Udon Thani Immigration office and sorting it out!

No do Chiang Mai first its far worse.

Do a real, statistically correct, survey of the people of this country, especially the poorer people and see what they say.

Corruption at the local level is alive and well in rural Thailand.

I had coffee with a friend this morning who talked to a peasant friend. I was shocked by what he told me.

Actually Fatty, I think it was only the second time I have used that term, and both times it was meant to be in a facetious and sarcastic way.

Latin is not my strong point so I looked up the meaning of "Carpe Diem" and found it to mean - "the enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future" !!!

I did not have that intention in mind either time I used that term, believe me.

Apology accepted in advance, Smurf ! clap2.gif

Actually Fatty, I think it was only the second time I have used that term, and both times it was meant to be in a facetious and sarcastic way.

Latin is not my strong point so I looked up the meaning of "Carpe Diem" and found it to mean - "the enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future" !!!

I did not have that intention in mind either time I used that term, believe me.

Apology accepted in advance, Smurf ! clap2.gif

Please see post # 23. What I wrote is correct (which you so graciously demonstrate in just about every post you write).