Golden Bar - Nana Hotel Closing

luap

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a dying or dead. I'm sure you can add Patpong to the RIP list.

Nana died around 2005 and all of Pattaya a few years later at the latest.

Only clueless dinosaurs visit these mafia clip joints any more. The brighter of you have found Internet dating and the genius among us saw the whole thing for what it was and got married.

No suprise that the only way most of you can get laid is to fly half way round the world.

You can add Thermae1, Thermae2 and Bucksin Joe's - three best joints in BKK ever.

I often think, why doesn't he government just shut these rackets down? Skeezy mongers, gone. Problem solved.

These joints are long done. Anyone still rocking up here deserves what they get. Overpriced drinks, sour princesses, danger, herpes and very possibly hiv.

Only clueless dinosaurs visit these mafia clip joints any more. The brighter of you have found Internet dating and the genius among us saw the whole thing for what it was and got married.

No suprise that the only way most of you can get laid is to fly half way round the world.

You can add Thermae1, Thermae2 and Bucksin Joe's - three best joints in BKK ever.

I often think, why doesn't he government just shut these rackets down? Skeezy mongers, gone. Problem solved.

These joints are long done. Anyone still rocking up here deserves what they get. Overpriced drinks, sour princesses, danger, herpes and very possibly hiv.

The born again Christians are in short supply in the current government. Why not try some place in a country more suited to your dark ages mentality.

I have never set foot in the Nana hotel, just 10 beers at the golden bar watching the fruit cakes go by .........

I wouldn't be game to see what the room mattresses look like .... sick.gif

I'm sure the glory days have passed but I owe my life to the Nana Hotel/Golden bar/and Plaza. I arrived there more than a decade ago with heavy heart and ready to end it all because of a failed marrige in the West. After a week of Nana therapy I had lost ten years of age changed my attitude and found a new lease on life. Thanks to the girls and the parking lot and the staff. wai2.gif I've been happy ever since.biggrin.png

Edited by lostoday

I have never set foot in the Nana hotel, just 10 beers at the golden bar watching the fruit cakes go by .........

I'm sure the glory days have passed but I owe my life to the Nana Hotel/Golden bar/and Plaza. I arrived there more than a decade ago with heavy heart and ready to end it all because of a failed marrige in the West. After a week of Nana therapy I had lost ten years of age changed my attitude and found a new lease on life. Thanks to the girls and the parking lot and the staff. wai2.gif I've been happy ever since.biggrin.png

good to hear. so did you remarry ? did you move up country ?

good to hear. so did you remarry ? did you move up country ?

Yup.biggrin.png I learned everything I needed to learn about Thailand in the lobby of the Nana Plaza hotel watching the punters file in for breakfast in the morning. It was like an advanced masters on Thai culture. The parking lot at night and the "all you could eat breakfast" in the morning. The university of life. thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostoday

The born again Christians are in short supply in the current government. Why not try some place in a country more suited to your dark ages mentality.

I'm not moralizing bro. My statements are quite objective.

Many of the places that went under, especially those I mentioned as well as the demise of Pattata were all the best. What's left is just the shell of something great.

Its no different than any other thing on the planet: music, food, travel, Internet... Once the idiots find out about it, the trendsetters move on - until the govt wakes up and ruins it somehow.

Trouble is times have long, long ago changed. You never got the memo.

Many of the places that went under, especially those I mentioned as well as the demise of Pattata were all the best. What's left is just the shell of something great.

Its no different than any other thing on the planet: music, food, travel, Internet... Once the idiots find out about it, the trendsetters move on - until the govt wakes up and ruins it somehow.

Bro, Pattaya is not dead nor is Nana. The idiots in my opinion found out about Thailand in 1975 or so and it's been downhill since them. I imagine you were not born when I first came to Thailand but I don't really know or care.

whats Thermae1 and Thermae2?

I only know one Thermae

Or is Thermae1 supposed to be the old one in soi 3?

br/confused

Thermae1, an institution of old although at the time nobody really thought so. The entrance was down an ally and through the kitchen, juke boxes in each corner competing against each other, Thermae2 which replaced it was little better, an entrance through the toilets! But T1 was the best, a target for all rural farm girls coming to Bangkok to seek their farang fortune, both on Sukie circa Soi 13.

The 30th Sept has come and gone but it looks like a simple confirmation of the OP is out of the question.

sandyf, so you are confirming there are still bar stools looking onto the road there at Golden Bar?

Made a special trip to BKK for a final weekend at my Federal Hotel, hugged up and some tears with longtime staff there, was thinking the same for some final drinks at Golden bar.

whats Thermae1 and Thermae2?

I only know one Thermae

Or is Thermae1 supposed to be the old one in soi 3?

br/confused

Thermae1, an institution of old although at the time nobody really thought so. The entrance was down an ally and through the kitchen, juke boxes in each corner competing against each other, Thermae2 which replaced it was little better, an entrance through the toilets! But T1 was the best, a target for all rural farm girls coming to Bangkok to seek their farang fortune, both on Sukie circa Soi 13.

Thermal 1 , There weren't many rural girls there if I remember..mostly outer Bangkok..even girls who had other jobs, but isaan no. Thermal 2 yes.

The whole of that statement you made that he commented on was subjective, it was just your opinion, nothing objective about it at all.

The whole street is a dump....why try to pretend otherwise?

I avoid it like the plague.

Similar for most of the area from Soi 4 to Terminal 21....with three or four exceptions.

Would you believe there are really human beings who eat Haggis? Sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock.

I'd rather die.

But it's all in the eye of the beholder unless one is god.

I had a picnic on the sidewalk in front on Nana Plaza at 4AM me and 4 ladies and a dozen entrees including bugs. We all sat there right on the sidewalk no chairs on bamboo mats and ate all drunk as lords. Right there in the middle of the sidewalk. Where else could you do that?

Edited by lostoday

I have spent many an afternoon on the bar stool there just watching the world go by. Different strokes for different folks. If we liked the same thing it would be a boring world.

BUT!!! Can someone, anyone, please confirm whether it is all closed now, many thanks in anticipationthumbsup.gif

I have spent many an afternoon on the bar stool there just watching the world go by. Different strokes for different folks. If we liked the same thing it would be a boring world.

BUT!!! Can someone, anyone, please confirm whether it is all closed now, many thanks in anticipationthumbsup.gif

Why not go down and have a look. If it is closed there are 37 other bars in close proximity in case you want a drink.

Why not go down and have a look. If it is closed there are 37 other bars in close proximity in case you want a drink.

I would dearly like nothing better lostoday,smile.png however, and somewhat unfortunate for me at present.... it is a hell of a walk from my house here in Khobar Saudi Arabia to Bangkok.wai2.gifblink.png

The whole street is a dump....why try to pretend otherwise?

I avoid it like the plague.

Similar for most of the area from Soi 4 to Terminal 21....with three or four exceptions.

Would you believe there are really human beings who eat Haggis? Sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock.

I'd rather die.

But it's all in the eye of the beholder unless one is god.

I had a picnic on the sidewalk in front on Nana Plaza at 4AM me and 4 ladies and a dozen entrees including bugs. We all sat there right on the sidewalk no chairs on bamboo mats and ate all drunk as lords. Right there in the middle of the sidewalk. Where else could you do that?

When you have a huge city and a certain group of visitors who see nothing but a tiny area of it on each and every visit eventually you have to reach a conclusion.

Alcoholics, sexpats and no hopers alley that place nowadays.

And yes I do agree Nana Plaza was fun over a decade ago....but the street now if just foul.

When you have a huge city and a certain group of visitors who see nothing but a tiny area of it on each and every visit eventually you have to reach a conclusion.

Alcoholics, sexpats and no hopers alley that place nowadays.

And yes I do agree Nana Plaza was fun over a decade ago....but the street now if just foul.

You can judge a person and call them alcoholic, sexpat and no hopers? Wow. Just wow. sad.png