Seen Often on Sathorn 10, Suspect Thought to Use Fake Turkish Passport

Lite Beer

OK. Ignore the fact that Uyghurs attacked the Thai embassy in Istanbul on 9 July.

Nobody killed, nobody even seriously hurt. That's a far cry from a bomb in a popular shrine.

I'm not claiming it wasn't the Uyghurs. I don't know. But it's just as likely to be someone that wants to point the finger at them. That's a long list.

Or it could be a simple business dispute, another long list.

Maybe you missed this: http://www.euronews.com/2015/07/09/watch-thai-consulate-in-istanbul-attacked-in-protest-over-treatment-of-uighar/

No, didn't miss it. There were no injuries reported. And some question whether it was actually Uyghurs, or an anti-government group(s) in support of the Uyghurs. Every article I read calls them "Uyghur supporters" and does not refer to the protestors as Uyghurs. One BBC photo caption refers to them as Uyguhrs living in Turkey, but the actual article refers to them as Uyghur supporters.

Regardless of whether it was Uyghurs in Turkey, it's a quantum leap between vandalizing a government building and bombing innocents. And there are other possible perpetrators to consider.

Edited by impulse

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The focus on the Uighers and the 'Turkish' guy just ignores one more fact among the many posted here:

The Sathorn 10 (and it is not on the Silom side of Sathorn - I lived in Sathorn 8) motorcy drivers with their wonderful memories are talking about December to February and yet the Uighers were only sent to China some weeks ago.

So the supposed suspect was here months before the Uigher 'case', anticipating that they'd be sent back to China.

Call me a strong unbeliever in this flavour of the day.

I do believe the bomb was made domestically. I'm sure that there are quite a few bomb making dens in Thailand still undiscovered. As you will see from the evidence provided they only get discovered by accident.

In 2010 in Nonthaburi a powerful bomb accidentally exploded killing a room full of red shirts. Weapons and ammunition were also found in the room during the investigation - weapons similar to stockpiles discovered around the country during nationwide sweeps in the wake of the 2014 coup.

In 2014 in Min Buri - connected to the Nonthaburi bomb-ring - another bomb accidentally exploded, killing two red shirt would-be bombers while riding a motorcycle. The explosive devices discovered in Min Buri were very similar to those in Nonthaburi, and would resemble other devices to be used in the near future.

In early February 2015 a double pipe bombing was carried out in downtown Bangkok - just down the road from the recent bombing - near the Siam Paragon shopping complex. According to Thai PBS, the devices used were described as pipe bombs 10 centimeters in diameter, and 20 centimeters in length, containing explosives and 2-3 inch nails. The device, similar to those found in both Min Buri and Nonthaburi linked all three incidents together. It was delivered by two suspects who dropped off bags at the bomb site similar to how Monday's bombing was carried out.

In August 2015 a university student in northern Thailand lost his left hand after a homemade bomb he was assembling accidentally exploded. The house he rented was literally a bomb-making den. His house was fully equipped with things like gunpowder, tape, fertilizer and electric detonators. Police reportedly found 13 small homemade explosives in the house. The biggest of them was 15 centimeters in diameter, Kachornsak said, adding that each device had a blast radius of about 15-20 meters and were designed to be detonated remotely.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

The above is an excerpt from the NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS, click that link to read the notice.

How does anybody know that the Turkish passport is fake?

Call Turkey, give them the name, and ask if they have issued a passport under that name? And if they have, ask for the photo.

It's not rocket science, and I suspect the investigation is like a duck swimming. We only see a duck gliding along. We don't see the amazing amount of activity under the surface.

What are we missing here?

Every time any foreigner enters Thailand do they not get their photo taken by Thai border control?

Where's all that facial recognition software that I see on Hawaii Five O LOL

How long before humans have to be chipped like our pet dogs......

Re: #51.

Yes, Thailand sent the MALE ADULT Uigur back to China where they may have been mistreated, or even maybe shot as you say. Thailand sent their FEMALE and NON-ADULT relatives/counterparts to TURKEY. Some of their friends may be angry, as are many people about all this. The passport, (Regarded fake due to the DOB stating 2000) is reported to be from TURKEY.

Re, the armbands, suggestion of covering up, or removal of tattoos, and the Uigurs. May I point out that the Uigurs are Sunni Muslms who regard tattoos, and any permanent physical modifications of the body, as a sin. (Tattoos are permissable in Shia Islam). Pre-Tattooed converts to Sunni Islam do not have to have them removed, as they have been "erased of all sins he or she committed before they became a Muslim. It is also allowed to remove tattoos using modern medicine such as laser surgery. Mmm, just more food for thought.

"the man he remembers appeared somewhat similar to that shown in grainy CCTV photos, but much more so in the passport photo"

I would imagine most people look a lot like their picture in their passport photo. It would be negligent of any Immigration for anything less. But it is more important that the subject of so many motorbike rides look like the person IDENTIFIED AT THE SCENE OF THE BOMBING. In this case there is only a similarity, not a match.

Match schmatch. Eye witness testimony is the worst evidence there is. Well, maybe the CT 200 bomb detectors would be worse. Anyway, it is a shame the Thai legal tradition relies so much on witness testimony. It's one of the reasons it was so important to develop forensic science. The number of innocent people convicted on eye-witness testimony whose innocence was later established by DNA or other scientific test is heartbreaking.

Where's all that facial recognition software that I see on Hawaii Five O LOL

That must be the new Hawaii Five-O. All they had when I watched Hawaii Five-O was McGarrett's brains, Kono's brawn and Danno's infectious smile... And those God-awful 30' long Lincoln Town cars...

220px-Jack_Lord_Steve_McGarrett_Hawaii_F

Edited by impulse

It seems he took a cab from where he was staying to the train station then hailed a tuk tuk from there I think to cover his tracks

He wasn't carrying a back pack on the way to the Hualumpong area, but he was on the way out. It seems he picked up the back pack somewhere near Hualumpong.

It seems he took a cab from where he was staying to the train station then hailed a tuk tuk from there I think to cover his tracks

He wasn't carrying a back pack on the way to the Hualumpong area, but he was on the way out. It seems he picked up the back pack somewhere near Hualumpong.

Again if this is true ,more evidence that it was not a lone lunatic... Persons worked together to do this

So the motor bike guys say he does not look like the police sketch but looks 100% like the passport photo shown to them?

So the sketch is bad, I said this all along, so what now? will foreign media post the right image.

Maybe the fake passport has the wrong image and the thai police know more than they tell.

Don't think this guy will be caught at all.

Australia want pics of flight to aussie but we dont need yourrrrrr heeeelp.

We do ouselves.

Just for the record the most favorite name in israel for babies is Mohamad.

Another bungle if they catch this guy world war 3 begins.

Edited by metisdead
Font.

So the motor bike guys say he does not look like the police sketch but looks 100% like the passport photo shown to them?

So the sketch is bad, I said this all along, so what now? will foreign media post the right image.

Maybe the fake passport has the wrong image and the thai police know more than they tell.

Don't think this guy will be caught at all.

Australia want pics of flight to aussie but we dont need yourrrrrr heeeelp.

We do ouselves.

Just for the record the most favorite name in israel for babies is Mohamad.

Another bungle if they catch this guy world war 3 begins.

Also most popular name in the UK last year or the one before was Muhammad iirc

Are you sure on that? There was no mentioned about the backpack

Sorry, but I am not ready to jump aboard this particular band wagon of blame. Too many inconsistencies. The forced deportations, rapes, extortion and murders of refugees from Laos, Cambodia and Burma have gone on for decades and no one set off a bomb over it. Now a small number of Uyghurs are sent back to China and all of a sudden there's a bombing with a Turkish link? Yes, Turkey has been a transit point for ISIS terrorists. Yes, Turkey was a close ally of the despotic Syrian regime. Yes, Turkey has caused trouble in its region and yes, Turkey is now intent of killing the Kurdish people. However, none of that links to the Bangkok bombing.

And the attack on the Thai embassy in Turkey?

Sorry, but I am not ready to jump aboard this particular band wagon of blame. Too many inconsistencies. The forced deportations, rapes, extortion and murders of refugees from Laos, Cambodia and Burma have gone on for decades and no one set off a bomb over it. Now a small number of Uyghurs are sent back to China and all of a sudden there's a bombing with a Turkish link? Yes, Turkey has been a transit point for ISIS terrorists. Yes, Turkey was a close ally of the despotic Syrian regime. Yes, Turkey has caused trouble in its region and yes, Turkey is now intent of killing the Kurdish people. However, none of that links to the Bangkok bombing.

At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, the Laos, Cambodians, and Burmese weren't typically Muslims and therefore not fired up by the ideology of "jihad" and setting off bombs to make some kind of point.

Not ready to jump on the Uighur bandwagon myself (yet), but the comparison to the refugees from surrounding Buddhist countries in the past doesn't really mean much.

maybe it is a group of hackers that did it ? if they can hack websites they will know how to make a bomb,

I think they didn't expect the bomb to do that much damage, thats why the second one was dumped in the canal, you don't put a bomb in a canal if you want to cause damage,

At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, the Laos, Cambodians, and Burmese weren't typically Muslims and therefore not fired up by the ideology of "jihad" and setting off bombs to make some kind of point.

Not ready to jump on the Uighur bandwagon myself (yet), but the comparison to the refugees from surrounding Buddhist countries in the past doesn't really mean much.

Re my post earlier that this guy has been here since Dec 2014 and many times after the deportation was in July 2015 it been in the marking for at least 8 months if the news is correct!

a fake Turkish passport supports the Uighur theory.

the reason is that when you use a fake passport of some country you better speak its language incase you meet "fellow" countrymen. And Uighur closely resembles Turkish.

And no, the fact that the guy has stayed here since dec 2014 does not contradict anything.

Thailand is a place where terrorist groups like to to meet for discussing plans and do transactions, as well as for laying low.

I also suppose a number of terrorist groups have "residents" in Thailand who are tasked with logistics and support.

He might also have been sent here earlier to carry out another attack but there was a change of plans... so many reasons can potentially explain the presence of one or more Uighur terrorists in Thailand.

So far, I also consider the Uighur to e the most probable perps in the hijacking of MH370.

Edited by manarak

the reason is that when you use a fake passport of some country you better speak its language incase you meet "fellow" countrymen. And Uighur closely resembles Turkish

Sherlock it might be that it is easy to fake - re earlier post

the reason is that when you use a fake passport of some country you better speak its language incase you meet "fellow" countrymen. And Uighur closely resembles Turkish

Sherlock it might be that it is easy to fake - re earlier post

Easy to fake is one thing, but what would you do with a fake Latvian passport if someone spoke to you in Latvian ?

I'm just stating the basics of how fake identities are made - the person must fit the passport.

Edited by manarak