SBPAC Secretary-General: Sharing on social network should be done appropriately

Lite Beer

SBPAC Secretary-General: Sharing on social network should be done appropriately

SONGKHLA, 22 August 2015 (NNT) – The SBPAC Secretary-General stated in a media workshop, that appropriate information should be shared on social networks for the public's benefits.

The Southern Border Provinces Administrative Center's (SBAPC) Secretary-General Panu Uthairat, presided over the certificate granting ceremony for about 100 participants of Southern Border Provinces Media Workshop, in keep with the country's Peacemaking Policy.

He said on this occasion that this event provides a platform for people to share information and understand the proper delivery process for appropriate and accurate news and information.

The SBAPC Secretary-General highlighted the importance of credible practices and prohibitions to sharing information on social network, as this new platform will play an important part in facilitating the correct understanding among the public, and can be used to deliver positive and creative news.

He urged media outlets to look after each other and uphold unity and effectiveness for the general public's maximum benefits, as they are the receivers of the message.

The workshop was organized by the SBAPC’s Information and Public Relations Bureau to increase the effectiveness of the production and development of PR medias, in becoming a medium to facilitate good understanding among the public and target audiences.

The workshop also aims to strengthen public unity, encourage public participation, and provide more communications channel for each sector to solve problems and help push the development in the southern border provinces' situation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-22 footer_n.gif

This is a case where the translator was neither skilled nor brief.

Let me give it try.

The Southern Border Provinces Administrative Center's (SBAPC) held a workshop. 100 people attended. The Secretary-General encouraged members of the media to use social media channels to effectively communicate with citizens.

Let me give it try.

The Southern Border Provinces Administrative Center's (SBAPC) held a workshop. 100 people attended. The Secretary-General encouraged members of the media to use social media channels to effectively communicate with citizens.

Is this Chinese or Thai news I am getting confused.

Let me give it try.

Slightly innacurate.

What he said, and I precis, is

" Flook facebook and the truth tellers, I'm a general, you will write what I tell you to. Nothing more, nothing less. If I don't like it, there are still inactive posts avaiuable."

The SBAPC Secretary-General needs to hold a similar workshop with the RTP after its blundering news releases on the Shrine bombing. If the police can't restrain themselves from rumor-mongering, inaccurate and unsubstantiated statements, how can one expect the public to do so?