Hyundai H1 or Starex reviews, comments, info?

zeekgarcia

I am looking for all the information that I can get on the Hyundai H1 or Starex vans.

What year is yours and how long have you had it?

How many kms does yours have or did have before you sold it?

What problems have you had with it?

Have you had problems getting parts to repair it?

Have you been able to have it serviced anywhere?

Have you driven it on muddy roads during rainy season? How did it do?

Does it have enough horse power for the size of the van?

Can you park it in parking decks and underground parking?

Any other information or anything that I should watch out for?

Would you recommend this van to someone else?

Thanks

Edited by zeekgarcia

Great value. Service and parts are cheap however not so many locations around Thailand. Good power and great handling. No issues with underground parking. Excellent fuel economy. Quality interior. Would highly recommend especially if you have dealership close by for service and warrentee..

Great value. Service and parts are cheap however not so many locations around Thailand. Good power and great handling. No issues with underground parking. Excellent fuel economy. Quality interior. Would highly recommend especially if you have dealership close by for service and warrentee..

I agree with great value but not with excellent fuel economy, good power nor great handling. I used brand new H-1 three years ago for a few days as it was a spare company car when my car was at service but did not like it at all. Far inferior to Japanese competition in almost all aspects except for value. Crappy handling, noisy & underpowered engine and sub standard interior appointment. Interior was making squeaking noise all the time. Also ride was very uncomfortable.

I agree with great value but not with excellent fuel economy, good power nor great handling. I used brand new H-1 three years ago for a few days as it was a spare company car when my car was at service but did not like it at all. Far inferior to Japanese competition in almost all aspects except for value. Crappy handling, noisy & underpowered engine and sub standard interior appointment. Interior was making squeaking noise all the time. Also ride was very uncomfortable.

Hmm.. That’s odd, we’ve had one for about five years and we are getting about 13kpl with 170 hp and handling is really good for a van. Disk brakes all round and good in the corners. Even with three school age children the interior has held up well, the seats are all in great shape. I drove it 1200km to north of Thailand once and was perfectly comfortable even with my bad back. Are you sure it was a H-1 you were using for a few days?