Islamist hacker group attacks Thai government websites

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm

Could any of these groups then be responsible for the recent bombing attack in BKK?

Doubt it. They are focused on the cyber sphere.

Regardless, I think its quite likely the blame will end up down that neck of the woods even if its not the real story.

I doubt if it will be solved so somebody has to carry the can of guilt.

I have been telling my gf (simply because I have no one to talk to regarding these matters ) that her government is wasting incredible time crapping on the thieving policeman while Muslims are slowly claiming her country. Thaksin should be the very last thing on this government agenda.

For goodness sake don't ruin the day for the junta groupies, they're willing this to be Thaksin connected so that they can have a good old drip. Anyone with any sense knows the Reds wouldn't carp on themselves by committing an atrocity like the shrine bombing. I think you're right, I suspect a connection with the Uyghur

deportations and think maybe isis had a hand in it. I could be wrong.

Dream on. They were happy enough to fire grenades into crowds containing women and children. Over 80 times. And killed 30 innocent people.

Some of them will do whatever they are told for a few thousand baht. Life is cheap to them. But even saying that, why do you think it had to be red-shirts ?. Mr T has plenty of mercenary connections : we saw that in 2010. I doubt he would use the cattle for something like this : if one blabbed before he could be silenced, there would be no doubt who was behind this heinous act.

The Uyghur is just nonsense. First you don't just happen to have a network where you can build yourself a bomb like that in a foreign country and what would be the point if they didn't claim responsibility ?. The whole idea would be to terrorise anyone else in the future from doing the same.

Seems like you people want to throw mud at everybody you can think of except that big, square faced elephant in the room.

What makes you the expert on foreign and domestic terrorism ? rolleyes.gif

Hmmmm

Could any of these groups then be responsible for the recent bombing attack in BKK?

Not so sure. Perhaps indirectly. Modern unconventional warfare is widely known. For certain, leveraging social warfare with real terrorism is synergistic (however ineffective this may be in this case). I would not rule out each aspect being managed.

No. This group is web based and attacks on the web. They might spout terrorist BS but they are not the ones carrying out the atrocities.

Hmmmm

Regardless, the group responsible for the Shrine bombing will certainly be a group involved with The Superstition of Peace (aka Islam)

And where is your evidence for this oh wise and wonderful predictor of the future.

Hmmmm

Not so sure. Perhaps indirectly. Modern unconventional warfare is widely known. For certain, leveraging social warfare with real terrorism is synergistic (however ineffective this may be in this case). I would not rule out each aspect being managed.

No. This group is web based and attacks on the web. They might spout terrorist BS but they are not the ones carrying out the atrocities.

I posted un-clearly. You are correct. I do not imagine computer hackers wanting to be involved with such overt violence; different conscience. But I do not rule out cells being guided, that's all.

Given that computers are a product of the hated western "kaffir" civilization and that the Internet is a creation of the even more hated US government, I find it ironic that there such a thing as an islamist hacker group in the first place. Given their unwillingness to accept any human progress made since the time of their "prophet", they should perhaps limit themselves to growing beards, riding on horseback (or camelback) and using swords.

Of course they are just a bunch of hypocrites using an ancient book to justify their own vile stupidity and bloodlust. They should leave countries with far superior and progressive cultures like Thailand alone.

if Davis is right, then the blame for the attack can be laid at the feet of the Thai military government.

Ummmm.... I'd lay blame on the person or people who built, placed, and detonated the bomb.

Thanks for voicing a very reasonable and quite logical point.

It seems rare on this thread.

I have been telling my gf (simply because I have no one to talk to regarding these matters ) that her government is wasting incredible time crapping on the thieving policeman while Muslims are slowly claiming her country. Thaksin should be the very last thing on this government agenda.

For goodness sake don't ruin the day for the junta groupies, they're willing this to be Thaksin connected so that they can have a good old drip. Anyone with any sense knows the Reds wouldn't carp on themselves by committing an atrocity like the shrine bombing. I think you're right, I suspect a connection with the Uyghur

Dream on. They were happy enough to fire grenades into crowds containing women and children. Over 80 times. And killed 30 innocent people.

Some of them will do whatever they are told for a few thousand baht. Life is cheap to them. But even saying that, why do you think it had to be red-shirts ?. Mr T has plenty of mercenary connections : we saw that in 2010. I doubt he would use the cattle for something like this : if one blabbed before he could be silenced, there would be no doubt who was behind this heinous act.

The Uyghur is just nonsense. First you don't just happen to have a network where you can build yourself a bomb like that in a foreign country and what would be the point if they didn't claim responsibility ?. The whole idea would be to terrorise anyone else in the future from doing the same.

Seems like you people want to throw mud at everybody you can think of except that big, square faced elephant in the room.

There are any number of Muslim terrorist groups in south East Asia who could provide support. The Uighur are in a constant battle with China.

Handing back people trying to escape imprisonment or the death penalty from the Chinese army was a very silly thing to do. God knows why they did it.

I can easily believe a small extreme group accessed the network to achieve this bombing, maybe without any help from anyone in the south of Thailand.

The border police are corrupt in thailand and the borders very porous for shipping. The bomb could have been assembled nearby and driven into Thailand thru any number of border posts.

Would Thais really want to bomb the Era wan shrine? Not likely. Would an extreme group be able to get explosives into Thailand? Very easily.

Carrying out this, and getting away with it, is, as is being seen, apparently very simple indeed.

There are any number of Muslim terrorist groups in south East Asia who could provide support. The Uighur are in a constant battle with China.

Handing back people trying to escape imprisonment or the death penalty from the Chinese army was a very silly thing to do. God knows why they did it.

I can easily believe a small extreme group accessed the network to achieve this bombing, maybe without any help from anyone in the south of Thailand.

The border police are corrupt in thailand and the borders very porous for shipping. The bomb could have been assembled nearby and driven into Thailand thru any number of border posts.

Would Thais really want to bomb the Era wan shrine? Not likely. Would an extreme group be able to get explosives into Thailand? Very easily.

Carrying out this, and getting away with it, is, as is being seen, apparently very simple indeed.

Who would carry a prepared bomb over a border? Especially one made from plumbing pipe and ball bearings which are common in every machine shop in the land and anyone can get some

The ingredients are not even illegal on their own except explosive which there may only have been 500g in some reports

It was probably assembled in bkk shortly before the attack, imagine a 14hr bus ride with a bomb in your bag... No thx if they had any sense

Who would carry a prepared bomb over a border? Especially one made from plumbing pipe and ball bearings which are common in every machine shop in the land and anyone can get some

The ingredients are not even illegal on their own except explosive which there may only have been 500g in some reports

It was probably assembled in bkk shortly before the attack, imagine a 14hr bus ride with a bomb in your bag... No thx if they had any sense

Equally possible.

It just means u have to involve people locally to do it. Believe it or not, the BIB normally have a decent local angle on what's going on because they are in business with every dodgy bloke in town up to their eye balls.

They have literally thousand of eyeballs in their hand feeding them info every day.

The fact that this bloke came and disappeared so quickly suggests he was never here very long. Someone would know who he is. But apparently not.

Every small hotel up, photocopies passports, immigration are meant to photograph people. They have taxi drivers and tuk tuk drivers and that is it.

He wasn't here very long. If he was a foreigner, he isn't about to go to homepro and buy 1000 ball bearings is he, without assistance.

Either that, and he's been here a very long time and all of a sudden got the balls to do this. But someone would shop him.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Equally possible.

It just means u have to involve people locally to do it. Believe it or not, the BIB normally have a decent local angle on what's going on because they are in business with every dodgy bloke in town up to their eye balls.

They have literally thousand of eyeballs in their hand feeding them info every day.

The fact that this bloke came and disappeared so quickly suggests he was never here very long. Someone would know who he is. But apparently not.

Every small hotel up, photocopies passports, immigration are meant to photograph people. They have taxi drivers and tuk tuk drivers and that is it.

He wasn't here very long. If he was a foreigner, he isn't about to go to homepro and buy 1000 ball bearings is he, without assistance.

Either that, and he's been here a very long time and all of a sudden got the balls to do this. But someone would shop him.

moCyc drivers brought him from silom to asoke around 10 times..... If that means Anything

He could have been in a room rented by someone else which is why no landlord remembers him because maybe he has never dealt with a landlord in person etc

Equally possible.

moCyc drivers brought him from silom to asoke around 10 times..... If that means Anything

He could have been in a room rented by someone else which is why no landlord remembers him because maybe he has never dealt with a landlord in person etc

Possible.

So where are these people who apparently didn't know he was staying in their room?

He's a foreigner. He may have been disguised. But, I know that my missus knew where I was on a night out normally before I got home. Thais notice foreigners, if they become regular.

The guy had to eat, had to drink if he stayed a relatively long time. Yet, not one thai outside the taxis recognise him.

Actually very odd.

He was in and out of the country very fast.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Equally possible.

Possible.

So where are these people who apparently didn't know he was staying in their room?

He's a foreigner. He may have been disguised. But, I know that my missus knew where I was on a night out normally before I got home. Thais notice foreigners, if they become regular.

The guy had to eat, had to drink if he stayed a relatively long time. Yet, not one thai outside the taxis recognise him.

Actually very odd.

There is no proof that he isn't part of an elite team of professionals

If there is a team, he will have someone else who might bring him food or supplies so he can lay low before and afterwards

The police can't catch him so they are floating over to the theory that he must be gone etc and likely so never be caught

Even somyot said today his successor will continue the hunt when he retires in another month or so which sounds like he doesn't even believe they will catch anyone before he retires...

Equally possible.

Possible.

Actually very odd.

There is no proof that he isn't part of an elite team of professionals

If there is a team, he will have someone else who might bring him food or supplies so he can lay low before and afterwards

The police can't catch him so they are floating over to the theory that he must be gone etc and likely so never be caught

Even somyot said today his successor will continue the hunt when he retires in another month or so which sounds like he doesn't even believe they will catch anyone before he retires...

If there is a foreign terrorist cell in Bangkok and no one can find any of them, then they have literally been ghosts.

Not one record at immigration, not one check in. So they must have had considerable local assistance. Normally the BIB can squeeze their local contacts for something.

If it is what u say then it was a very professional job that suggests more than just an opportunist Uighur attack.

They must have someone somewhere who knows something. Surely.?

If so, why do they persist in saying it's not a foreign group?

Edited by Thai at Heart

This cyber attack could be random and entirely unrelated to the recent atrocity. The hack left clear signs of responsibility and motive.

The bombing attack itself, coupled with the silence that followed, the lack of claims of responsibility, says to me that this bombing atrocity was intended to make people suspicious of everyone else. It seems intended to cause division, we have seen the success of this, with a dozen possible racial or sectarian groups being singled out as suspects. This kind of anonymous bombing is intended to deepen mistrust in the community, to sow fractious seeds of disunity, and to make people start viewing previous friends and allies as a potential enemies. The aim of these types of destabilising attacks is destabilisation itself, it is intended to corrode and weaken whatever societal cohesion exists. This is different to other terrorist attacks where responsibility is not only claimed immediately, but is stamped with pride, as a trademark or sign of progress in the given cause.

This hack attack falls in the latter, the cause is clear, it is a statement and act of defiance, typical of the arrogance of extremist groups. Very different to the nameless bombing, which seems intended to destabilise, to corrode internal cohesion and create an atmosphere of generalised mistrust and anxiety, without ever claiming it as a victory for any extremist cause.

Edited by Yunla

This attack raises my Suspicion Meter two notches.

The timing is not coincidental, and is beginning to look like a multi-level assault from a single group.

Attacks can take many forms. This is number two in two weeks.

I sadly expect more. Hacking government websites also gives the attacker access to any connected databases, including addresses, phone numbers, names and dates.

Unfortunately, I would say this is a preliminary motion to gather information.

In short, oh shit.

This attack raises my Suspicion Meter two notches.

The timing is not coincidental, and is beginning to look like a multi-level assault from a single group.

Attacks can take many forms. This is number two in two weeks.

I sadly expect more. Hacking government websites also gives the attacker access to any connected databases, including addresses, phone numbers, names and dates.

Unfortunately, I would say this is a preliminary motion to gather information.

In short, oh shit.

:D

One morning the people of Thailand will wake up to the sounds of the call to prayer. Then it will be too late.

Nonsense.

They already do In South Thailand

No.

The southern conflict is a separatist one.

iF you read it says , One Morning you will wake up to the Sound of the call to prayer, The Muslims in the South of Thailand already do this, nothing to do with politics. no one talked about a cause,

One morning the people of Thailand will wake up to the sounds of the call to prayer. Then it will be too late.
Nonsense.
They already do In South Thailand

No.

The southern conflict is a separatist one.

iF you read it says , One Morning you will wake up to the Sound of the call to prayer, The Muslims in the South of Thailand already do this, nothing to do with politics. no one talked about a cause,

So what?
I hear the sound of Muslim prayers every day.
Why should it be too late, and too late for what?