Thais encouraged to reduce carbon emission

webfact

Thais encouraged to reduce carbon emission

BANGKOK, 26 August 2015 (NNT)-Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (TGO) has launched a campaign called ‘LESS’ urging Thais to reduce carbon emission in the atmosphere.

TGO is encouraging people to lower the amount of greenhouse gas via LESS either by doing it themselves or inspiring others to do the same.

According to TGO Director Prasertsook Jamornman, nearly 500 billion tons of carbon dioxide will be released into the air by 2049 as the emission in the country increases every year.

The campaign has been introduced to business and public communities. They are able to determine how they want to achieve carbon reduction on their own terms under the campaign.

Those interested in the activity can visit www.tgo.or.th for more information.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-26 footer_n.gif

Actually, the Government Could do a better job if they just taxed car ownership more heavily and built more public transportation facilities (buses, trams, metros). If these alternatives are not available, traffic gridlocks will become worse and commute times will increase.

Start by checking all the trucks and buses on the road, on a yearly basis. If they don't pass don't grant them a license for that year, same with the pickups and cars.... That's how everyone else does it.

You don't start a campaign where you encourage people not to rape, murder take drugs etc. You enforce the law! Same thing here, don't encourage ENFORCE!!!

facepalm.gif

Buildings like hospitals/hotels/malls/offices who need constant airconditioning should be isolated and have double windows.

Why do Thai need Toyoya Fortuners in the city? Yes to feel safe in the crazy traffic but that can also be changed if the police do their job.

Huge ricefields can become orchards for other crops, they also use less water then rice.

Building durable would also be an option, it's pointless to rebuild all the time when it could be done one time and last for 100 years.

Building more malls spread all over Thailand will decrease traffic. I admit i also travel hours just to eat somewhere, totally pointless but hey.

Also i fly out of Thailand every 2-3 months just for a stamp, i take the next plane back....totally pointless.

Thai fly to Europe for a holiday of 5 days and there they sit in a bus all day long just to make a picture.....

The environmental friendly aircon gas is very expensive in Thailand. I have one of those but didn't know the gas costs much much more.

Many Thai can't even walk longer then 5 minutes.

They could also do like Europe and the USA, close all factory's and just order it from China, let them deal with the pollution...NIMBY

Huge ricefields can become orchards for other crops, they also use less water then rice.

Problem with this is that, unless the world suddenly decides it doesn't want so much rice anymore, the area which used to produce rice but has now been planted to orchards needs to be replaced. Where will that replacement come from? Most likely Cambodia and Laos, by clearing forest. Net result - far more CO2 released by clearing forest than sequestered by planting orchards.

Huge topic up here in Isaan, from burning rubbish, including plastic bags, to burning the stubble in the rice fields after harvest, never mind all the cattle farting. No quick fix for this, needs a long term education drive.

Someone needs to tell them,when they burn the forests,

paddy fields,up here in Chiang Mai,it happens every year.

regards Worgeordie

Burning rice stubble, as well as sugar cane, is carbon neutral.

Someone needs to tell them,when they burn the forests,

paddy fields,up here in Chiang Mai,it happens every year.

regards Worgeordie

Burning rice stubble, as well as sugar cane, is carbon neutral.

Basically correct, although there is a small additional loss of carbon from the organic content of the soil due to soil heating, compared with non-burning systems

Well i have never seen much cattle in Thailand but i 've also never been in the real Isaan, Khon kean is the furthest i've been and it was soo hot there i'll never go back. And with much i mean much, not 10 cows eating along the road.

The world doesn't need that much rice, the Thai could grow potato's or wheat or corn or anything else i would guess. Also they could import other food to eat and grow fruit instead to export it to China or so.

Thai government doesn't want the Thai to eat much bread or other food, they want them to eat rice.

Also it would help if Thailand changes the dresscode, why do they all need long sleeves and black clothes? Restaurants with many businesspeople are soo cold that without longsleeves it's impossible to eat there.

But the most electricity is used by the malls for airconditioning. Will that new Central Westgate have proper isolation? I doubt it.

All the traffic jam in BKK could also be improved by learning Thai how to drive properly and safe. And roadworkers should learn how to safely block roads and make good roadsigns during construction and in general. Many people get lost because of bad roadsigns and it causes accidents.

Also bikelanes/sidewalks covered by tree's would help a lot so they don't need their car for everything.

Or building another big city somewhere in Thailand, why do they all have to come to BKK and go back every weekend?

Or look at the markets and how many very small stands there are. European markets have much bigger stands. They use much bigger vans to go to markets and that saves a lot of traffic on the roads. Same with supermarkets who get their delivery's from huge trailers instead of hundreds of pickuptrucks.

I have never even seen a huge trailer from Tesco or Tops/Big C.

I think many of the posters here should look at themselves first before they proselytize about how the Thais should change their behaviour. Just look at the global energy consumption. You know who you are so before you point your finger make sure where you stand first.

Energy-consumption-per-capita-2003.png

Post # 16 -Will that new Central Westgate have proper isolation? I doubt it.

If it is isolated shoppers will have to drive further expending more fuel...

I got it Peter, so insulated is the right term to use? I always mix those 2 up.

I think many of the posters here should look at themselves first before they proselytize about how the Thais should change their behaviour. Just look at the global energy consumption. You know who you are so before you point your finger make sure where you stand first.

For once, some US bashing I can agree with. Unfortunately, we have many influential people, including just about every Republican candidate for President, who believe global warming is some kind of hoax.

Sigh.

For once, some US bashing I can agree with. Unfortunately, we have many influential people, including just about every Republican candidate for President, who believe global warming is some kind of hoax.

Sigh.

Well according to yesterdays news a mini ice age is coming, so in the theory the Americans are helping to balance it all out.. whistling.gif

More BS hopes and dreams when underpinnings of the society is not stable, politically or morally. Nice fluff to blab to the media, but leadership, incentives, penalties and consistent follow up is needed. Thailand lacks most of this.

Hello this info is from 2003 clap2.gif

Also i don't believe it at all, how can Germany be blue? They have a lot of industry there.