Yingluck petitions Supreme Court

webfact

As an impartial observer it seems that the worst of Yingluck was better than the best of some of the people in power now. A widely held view.

Come off it Prbkk, if you really were an impartial observer you would not have made that comment, and lannaguy would not have "liked" your post ! biggrin.png

Well she was apparently fairly clueless. Probably very similar or superior to the numpties running the country now.

I don't know why anyone holds any of these people in high esteem. They are rarely self made in Thailand, relying on granted monopolies to gouge the consumers.

I remember paying nearly 1000 usd for a phone when I first got to Thailand. Locked networks and a nice cushy monopoly for many years.

So many others enjoy this lack of competition in other markets. He was fuming when in 97, telecoms reform was included as part of the imf bailout.

Other markets were included too, but amazingly the Democrats never went forward and opened them up. Funny how that happened huh.

Getting back to Yingluck petitioning the Supreme Court, does anyone actually believe that she said -

"organic law under the Constitution relevant to criminal case trial procedure states clearly “In the trial of a criminal case, the court judge must adhere to the case file of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) as a principal evidence in proceeding the trial.”

or that -

"under the principles of laws and justices, the plaintiff (OAG) has no right to add additional documental evidences and witnesses in excess of what appeared in the case file of the NACC at this step of the trial, as it only was tantamount to an exploitation of the case and was unfair for her."

I would love to hear her say that.

And did you really pay $1000 for a phone ? What did it come with, it's own booth ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an impartial observer it seems that the worst of Yingluck was better than the best of some of the people in power now. A widely held view.

Come off it Prbkk, if you really were an impartial observer you would not have made that comment, and lannaguy would not have "liked" your post ! biggrin.png

Well she was apparently fairly clueless. Probably very similar or superior to the numpties running the country now.

I don't know why anyone holds any of these people in high esteem. They are rarely self made in Thailand, relying on granted monopolies to gouge the consumers.

I remember paying nearly 1000 usd for a phone when I first got to Thailand. Locked networks and a nice cushy monopoly for many years.

So many others enjoy this lack of competition in other markets. He was fuming when in 97, telecoms reform was included as part of the imf bailout.

Other markets were included too, but amazingly the Democrats never went forward and opened them up. Funny how that happened huh.

Getting back to Yingluck petitioning the Supreme Court, does anyone actually believe that she said -

"organic law under the Constitution relevant to criminal case trial procedure states clearly “In the trial of a criminal case, the court judge must adhere to the case file of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) as a principal evidence in proceeding the trial.”

or that -

"under the principles of laws and justices, the plaintiff (OAG) has no right to add additional documental evidences and witnesses in excess of what appeared in the case file of the NACC at this step of the trial, as it only was tantamount to an exploitation of the case and was unfair for her."

I would love to hear her say that.

And did you really pay $1000 for a phone ? What did it come with, it's own booth ?

Those were the heady days of Shincorp. 25000 baht and onwards was the price for a basic Nokia in those days.

Maybe she said it, and thanked everyone 3 times too.

Funny how it's the Democrat party's fault again. Even Ms. Yingluck didn't say so in her defence of the RPPS, but then she claims ignorance of such mundane matters.

Sounds fair enough to me

Why should she get special treatment? That's the way the judicial system operates in Thailand. There's no pretrial discovery. The parties just show up with their own documents and that's what goes into evidence. She has grounds for appeal when they reform their pretrial discovery, civil and criminal procedure codes. She can wait, but those reforms will probably never come. Its an antiquated justice system - just look at the B2 trial.

Sorry about lack of background info. What was the B2 trial?

Sounds fair enough to me

Why should she get special treatment? That's the way the judicial system operates in Thailand. There's no pretrial discovery. The parties just show up with their own documents and that's what goes into evidence. She has grounds for appeal when they reform their pretrial discovery, civil and criminal procedure codes. She can wait, but those reforms will probably never come. Its an antiquated justice system - just look at the B2 trial.

Sorry about lack of background info. What was the B2 trial?

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/

If she goes to jail, she's the next Nelson Mandela and it will be a major reason for the west to put sanctions on Thailand's military regime.

You do realise that Nelson Mandela was a convicted terrorist and was imprisoned from 1964 to 1982.

Do you think that Yingluck would serve 18 years in a jail?

The only similarity between Nelson Mandela and Yingluck Shinawatra is that they are both members of the human race.

If she goes to jail, she's the next Nelson Mandela and it will be a major reason for the west to put sanctions on Thailand's military regime.

You do realise that Nelson Mandela was a convicted terrorist and was imprisoned from 1964 to 1982.

Do you think that Yingluck would serve 18 years in a jail?

The only similarity between Nelson Mandela and Yingluck Shinawatra is that they are both members of the human race.

While you are entirely correct, you must admit that at least it wasn't she who likened herself to Nelson Mandela. Her brother, on the other hand, wasn't so modest. he had no problem comparing himself to Aung San Suu Kyi.