Chiang Mai Immigration: Queue Online Visa Extension Service

On 17th July 2015 I did arrange (100 days in advance) on Website: http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/en/queue-online.html under the "Queue Online Visa Extension Service" an appointment in Chiang Mai Immigration for Monday, 26th October 2015 to settle Extension of Temporary Stay of my Retirement Visa. The reservation was successfully confirmed with a queue code.

When checking my appointment today under Website: http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/en/queue-online.html or: http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/2011-11-25-13-53-13/285--queue-online.html this is not successful and the following failure notes are mentioned:

ou may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
  2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
  3. a mistyped address
  4. you have no access to this page
  5. The requested resource was not found.
  6. An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages: Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Alternatively I tried to login under Website: http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/2011-11-25-13-53-13/285--queue-online.html

Reply:

งดให้บริการ queue online pdf_button.png printButton.png เขียนโดย Administrator

วันพุธที่ 29 กรกฏาคม 2015 เวลา 08:27 น.

Queue online

งดให้บริการ

Out of service

แก้ไขล่าสุด ใน วันพุธที่ 29 กรกฏาคม 2015 เวลา 09:11 น.

Does anybody know what is happing with this website ? Is there a new Website's name? Or did Chiang Mai Immigration meanwhile cancel their online service ? If so what will happen with my appointment ?

Or is the website only temporarily out of service ?

I am working with 1) Google Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m and 2) Microsoft IE 10 Version 10.0.9200.17148.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Regards horstthaivisa

Did you print out the confirmation of the appointment ?if you did,just take that

along at time stated ,and you maybe lucky.

It is believed that Chiang Mai Immigration has canceled the on line queue,

you cannot access it at moment and may never return,also 90 day mail

in reports have also been stopped,as advised by someone on Chiang Mai

forum,

So it looks like its get in the Queue and stand all day,UNLESS you want to

purchase the services of a visa agent for 7K +.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

In Chiang Mai in on-line appointment queue has been stopped, but previously booked appointments are being honored, even if you don't have a confirmation printout. Go to the new office at Promenada for retirement extensions and the old one near the Airport for marriage extensions. Tell the I/O you're there a couple minutes before the time of your appointment.

On-line 90 day reporting seems to be hit-and-miss for Chiang Mai and no one seems to know quite why. It worked OK for Hubby, but not for me.

There was one report of someone being told that 90 day reporting by mail has been stopped in Chiang Mai, but that's it -- just one isolated report. It would make no sense to stop mail-in 90 day reporting -- it has been working so well. But little that Chiang Mai Immigration has been doing lately makes any sense at all.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that Chiang Mai residents still mail-in their 90 day reports. Detailed instructions can be found in a pinned topic at the top of the Chiang Mai forum.

I've heard several reports of them pulling aside people who come in person to file 90 day reports to question them about the lack of TM 30 on file. Or doing home visits if the owner of the dwelling where they reside (like their wife) didn't file a TM 30. This is a one-time filing that until recently Immigration didn't seem to care about. They came to our condo building and talked with the Juristic Person Mgr about how some of the foreign renters didn't have TM30s on file and there are reports of home visits in Chiang Mai to people on retirement visas where this question has come up.

Is "them" CM immigration of a private agency? Have you witnessed any of the home visits or pulling over of people yourself?

Do you think they keep copies of filed TM-30's at immigration? Seeing the ability to cope with 90 day on line address reporting I find it hard to believe they could coordinate an on line address reporting system of house masters that would involve millions persons per year.

Edited by lostoday
  • Like 1

In Chiang Mai in on-line appointment queue has been stopped, but previously booked appointments are being honored, even if you don't have a confirmation printout. Go to the new office at Promenada for retirement extensions and the old one near the Airport for marriage extensions. Tell the I/O you're there a couple minutes before the time of your appointment.

On-line 90 day reporting seems to be hit-and-miss for Chiang Mai and no one seems to know quite why. It worked OK for Hubby, but not for me.

There was one report of someone being told that 90 day reporting by mail has been stopped in Chiang Mai, but that's it -- just one isolated report. It would make no sense to stop mail-in 90 day reporting -- it has been working so well. But little that Chiang Mai Immigration has been doing lately makes any sense at all.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that Chiang Mai residents still mail-in their 90 day reports. Detailed instructions can be found in a pinned topic at the top of the Chiang Mai forum.

I've heard several reports of them pulling aside people who come in person to file 90 day reports to question them about the lack of TM 30 on file. Or doing home visits if the owner of the dwelling where they reside (like their wife) didn't file a TM 30. This is a one-time filing that until recently Immigration didn't seem to care about. They came to our condo building and talked with the Juristic Person Mgr about how some of the foreign renters didn't have TM30s on file and there are reports of home visits in Chiang Mai to people on retirement visas where this question has come up.

Thanks for the heads up, Nancy. The more threads I have been reading the last days + wife talking to Imm.Officer at Prom. makes me think that CM Imm. actually want most expats to leave CM ... Seems odd when they would be taking away their own jobs (and benefits ...whistling.gif ) but it just getting worse and we are actually considering to leave for another place ... sad that these people have the power to make people leave sad.png

Is "them" CM immigration of a private agency? Have you witnessed any of the home visits or pulling over of people yourself?

Do you think they keep copies of filed TM-30's at immigration? Seeing the ability to cope with 90 day on line address reporting I find it hard to believe they could coordinate an on line address reporting system of house masters that would involve millions persons per year.

OK -- fair question. When I spoke of "them" in the post I was speaking of CM Immigration.

The reports I'm passing along are ones I'm hearing as first-hand accounts. I'm really not trying to be alarmist. I'm in a position to hear reports from many expats, as president of the CM Expats Club. I really do try to determine what's a first-hand report and what's second-hand or "heard from a barstool"

One of the "home vists" was of CM Immigration coming to my condo building. Hubby and I are renters, but have been for a long time and our documents are in order. It's one of the largest buildings in CM.

Edited by NancyL

Many thanks for all prompt replies and infos. Yes, I have a print-out of the confirmation of the appointment with queue-code which I will bring along on Monday, 26th October 2015. Last time I have been in Chiang Mai Immigration (also with an Online appointment which did work excellent) was last year on 28th October 2014 in the old crampt office located on the road between Airport Plaza and Airport Chiang Mai. Opposite the office and the road there is a petrol station where I did park my car for few Baht because parking place in front of the cramped office was always overcrowded. Now I am in Germany since end of April 2015 and plan to fly back to Chiang Mai end of October 2015. I do not know the new office at Promenada for my retirement extensions. Can anybody tell me please the full way description to go to this new office by car ... and whether there are enough parking lots availble ? I will travel by car and in the past I was coming from south town of San Pa Tong via Hang Dong on Hot - Hang Dong - Chiang Mai Road (main road no. 108) and turned left at intersection "Central Airport Plaza" direction airport. Thanks in advance for help preferable with road plan and/or website of the new Office at Promenada - if available.

One of the "home vists" was of CM Immigration coming to my condo building. Hubby and I are renters, but have been for a long time and our documents are in order. It's one of the largest buildings in CM.

What do these home visits entail exactly? Any idea what immigrations is trying to accomplish by visiting a retiree's residence??

OK -- fair question. When I spoke of "them" in the post I was speaking of CM Immigration.

The reports I'm passing along are ones I'm hearing as first-hand accounts. I'm really not trying to be alarmist. I'm in a position to hear reports from many expats, as president of the CM Expats Club. I really do try to determine what's a first-hand report and what's second-hand or "heard from a barstool"

Thanks, I assume the "home visit" was to a married couple as opposed to a single male on a retirement visa?

I sent my my 90 mail-in documents 7 days ago and received my 90 verified report document yesterday.

Sent to:

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่

71 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

This is the address of the airport area office. No problems....

I do not know the new office at Promenada for my retirement extensions. Can anybody tell me please the full way description to go to this new office by car ... and whether there are enough parking lots availble ?

Full details of the new office in the CM pinned topic here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/841644-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service/

Also CM 90 day report procedures

The online queue reservation system has been shut down for several weeks now and reports from members asking immigration about it that it will not be back up.

Not to be alarmist, but there have been a few reports of home visits to people with retirement visas. It's difficult to get details, but it seems these are men married to Thai women and living in homes in their names, but still men on retirement visas.

I definitely have first-hand knowledge of a "home visit" to my condo building, but I personally didn't interact with Immigration -- they talked with our Juristic Person Manager for several hours about all the foreigners in our building. Some of the foreigners were asked to go down to the office to show their passports to Immigration. The building security guards went to their rooms, not Immigration. I didn't see who was asked to go to the office, but it was reported that none of the "old-time" residents were asked to go to the office. Personally, I think it was a bust of the AirB2B rentals (sub-leasing) in the building.

It's the TM30 that Immigration is looking for.

Edited by NancyL

Seems they desperately are looking for a money spinner , for obvious reasons , I do not believe they suddenly enforce these pathetic rules in the long run .

My wife is happy to pay the fine if needs so , but certainly will not go and report the gestapo like conditions .

If they going to , I will pay the fine and play stupid ,and wait till it turns back again ,if it turns worse I too will seriously think about going to the West again , maybe a new opportunity after 16 years anyway .

It seriously is changing to the worse , especially if its not only about enforcing the existing never enforced rules ,we should all watch it very carefully .

• Like 2

Did you print out the confirmation of the appointment ?if you did,just take that

along at time stated ,and you maybe lucky.

It is believed that Chiang Mai Immigration has canceled the on line queue,

you cannot access it at moment and may never return,also 90 day mail

in reports have also been stopped,as advised by someone on Chiang Mai

forum,

So it looks like its get in the Queue and stand all day,UNLESS you want to

purchase the services of a visa agent for 7K +.

regards Worgeordie

Interesting Worgeordie! Do you know is it possible to use an agent to obtain the marriage extension?

Cheers.

In Chiang Mai, for the 90 days extension, no need apointment... I don't understand !

You go to Promenada shopping Center

you give your passport and the form to the girl outside

You wait 30 mn

And it's ok !

Nothing else !

Kannikapor88 wrote: "Thanks for the heads up, Nancy. The more threads I have been reading the last days + wife talking to Imm.Officer at Prom. makes me think that CM Imm. actually want most expats to leave CM ... Seems odd when they would be taking away their own jobs (and benefits ...whistling.gif ) but it just getting worse and we are actually considering to leave for another place ... sad that these people have the power to make people leave sad. Unquote.

A poster in another thread wrote about CM Immigration: .."administrative incompetence / callous indifference." I agreed with that that. However, I now sincerely believe that CM Immigration actions are also intentional / deliberate. Taking down the online que signup and reducing retirement service personnel from two people to one person are deliberate decisions.

In my mind the only area for speculation is "WHY".

I presume from this that you are referring to all of those within the Chiang Mai Immigration catchment area, Including us in Lamphun and Lampang ? - or have I missed something els ? -- Bolding is mine

This past week, my Thai wife spoke to a captain who works at the airport immigration office. Beforehand, we were advised by the Promenada staff to contact the airport office to determine the whereabouts of my previously-submitted 90-day report via mail. The captain explained that he had processed my paperwork and it was in the pile to be returned by mail. He asked my wife to come over and retrieve my approved certificate rather than wait on the mail.

The foregoing is provided as background...

He then told her that the mail-in system is no longer supported and that the process has been stopped. Ergo, the only way going forward will be to submit your paperwork in person or via proxy at Promenada or use a commercial service to do it for you. My wife told the officer that this is a change to how most Chiang Mai expats view the 90-day reporting process and if it is a new policy, then it needs to be properly disseminated...via media announcements, posted signs and information boards at both immigration offices and on the immigration website. Until this formal announcement is properly made by the authoritities, they should expect continued mail-ins from expats living in this region. My own gut tells me they will accept mailed appIications until some saturation point is reached...when this will occur is of course yet unknown, but I wouldn't want to have mine caught in limbo...summarily rejected or even discarded and then be in jeopardy of paying penalties. My advice is to stay closely informed on this issue and don't make up your own rules.

Edited by Fore Man

Someone else had a situation like this. Go to whichever office that will be processing your extension and have them look up your appointment to get verification.

You'll either be a happy camper; or

You'll be booking a visa agent (or planning on standing in line at O-Dark thirty) hopefully without 5 agents in front of you with 4 passports each.

Edited by connda

In Chiang Mai, for the 90 days extension, no need apointment... I don't understand !

You go to Promenada shopping Center

you give your passport and the form to the girl outside

You wait 30 mn

And it's ok !

Nothing else !

That does not appear to be correct, I am aware of the fact that one does not give the passport and the application forms to the girls outside.

The girls outside will only give the queue number card for the 90 days and one has to wait until he application procedure will take place inside.

Here's a question for someone who's really up on their understanding of Thai Immigration processes. (Mario2008 UbonJoe ???)

Is my wife supposed to fill out a TM30 on me even thought I have a valid Foreign Tabian Baan (Yellow Book);

also

If renting, I thought it was the Rentor who was responsible for filing a TM30, not the Rentee. If that is the case, then why are Rentee's being harassed by Thai Immigration.

Seeing that things in CM Imm have degenerated into chaos, I'm personally not sure who or what to believe or think anymore, let alone actually understand.

Hey Nancy. How about inviting the Pol Col of CM Imm back for another talk - Asap - to explain this mess? I appreciate what your doing - but this situation is beyond stupid now. Well, at least in my humble opinion, which probably isn't worth a whole lot.

My Humble Opinion + 150฿ = One Startbuck's Latte Lol

Edited by connda

Here's a question for someone who's really up on their understanding of Thai Immigration processes. (Mario2008 UbonJoe ???)

Is my wife supposed to fill out a TM30 on me even thought I have a valid Foreign Tabian Baan (Yellow Book);

also

If renting, I thought it was the Rentor who was responsible for filing a TM30, not the Rentee. If that is the case, then why are Rentee's being harassed by Thai Immigration.

Seeing that things in CM Imm have degenerated into chaos, I'm personally not sure who or what to believe or think anymore, let alone actually understand.

Hey Nancy. How about inviting the Pol Col of CM Imm back for another talk - Asap - to explain this mess? I appreciate what your doing - but this situation is beyond stupid now. Well, at least in my humble opinion, which probably isn't worth a whole lot.

The housemaster is responsible for filling out the form. A Thailand expert told me that immigration have not been successful at getting housemasters to fill out the form.

Helped a friend make an online extension appointment last month. By 4 minutes past midnight, the queue was completely filled up. Seems that the agents are all up getting the slots as soon as they are available.

Getting back to the OP, is the online appointment system still in operation? Are the appointments made valid?

Many thanks for all prompt replies and infos. Yes, I have a print-out of the confirmation of the appointment with queue-code which I will bring along on Monday, 26th October 2015. Last time I have been in Chiang Mai Immigration (also with an Online appointment which did work excellent) was last year on 28th October 2014 in the old crampt office located on the road between Airport Plaza and Airport Chiang Mai. Opposite the office and the road there is a petrol station where I did park my car for few Baht because parking place in front of the cramped office was always overcrowded. Now I am in Germany since end of April 2015 and plan to fly back to Chiang Mai end of October 2015. I do not know the new office at Promenada for my retirement extensions. Can anybody tell me please the full way description to go to this new office by car ... and whether there are enough parking lots availble ? I will travel by car and in the past I was coming from south town of San Pa Tong via Hang Dong on Hot - Hang Dong - Chiang Mai Road (main road no. 108) and turned left at intersection "Central Airport Plaza" direction airport. Thanks in advance for help preferable with road plan and/or website of the new Office at Promenada - if available.

Horst

when you come from Hang Dong to that intersectioin and see on the left "Airport Plaza" then please turn RIGHT. And now follow the road. No right or left until (after 5km) you will see on the left hand side "PROMENADA" a big shopping center. If you passed already Promenada - because you drive too fast - turn left at the intersection (corner Promenada) and look for another entry 50m left. Then look for signs "Immigration" .Parking no problem because shopping center! Good luck

• Like 1

also

The housemaster is responsible for filling out the form. A Thailand expert told me that immigration have not been successful at getting housemasters to fill out the form.

So therefore, harass the renter instead of the 'housemaster' because the renters are, well, just foreigners and are much easier targets. Something is really amiss here, wouldn't ya'll say? In many, many ways.

also

So therefore, harass the renter instead of the 'housemaster' because the renters are, well, just foreigners and are much easier targets. Something is really amiss here, wouldn't ya'll say? In many, many ways.

Except in Phuket I think it's a myth. There is a mythical website that hotels report your information at but ask as I may I've never been able to get the link. The amount of data would be immense from 25 million foreigners per year every move in location. So I think you can ask and ask and only get rumors of this mythical data base that is kept up to date by Thai faeries. Since I don't own a hotel I really can't give you a definitive answer but ask around to hotel owners and see if you can find anyone who actually reports passport information to a central office.

Edited by lostoday

also

Except in Phuket I think it's a myth. There is a mythical website that hotels report your information at but ask as I may I've never been able to get the link. The amount of data would be immense from 25 million foreigners per year every move in location. So I think you can ask and ask and only get rumors of this mythical data base that is kept up to date by Thai faeries. Since I don't own a hotel I really can't give you a definitive answer but ask around to hotel owners and see if you can find anyone who actually reports passport information to a central office.

Agree with connda. Makes no sense.

lostoday you have no idea what information is reported to the Thai government. We rent from a lawyer. He has told me that by law he must report all foreigners who rent his rental properties. Why would anyone give YOU a link to a government database??? Who are you? Get real.

• Like 1

Agree with connda. Makes no sense.

lostoday you have no idea what information is reported to the Thai government. We rent from a lawyer. He has told me that by law he must report all foreigners who rent his rental properties. Why would anyone give YOU a link to a government database??? Who are you? Get real.

25 million visitors to Thailand reported movements every change for 48 hours. Where is this massive piece of data? Why wouldn't anyone give me a link to a government database? It's not like foreigners don't own hotels or guest houses? And not saying anything about the ease in finding bombers.

It's a myth.

Edited by lostoday

Why wouldn't anyone give me a link to a government database? It's not like foreigners don't own hotels or guest houses?

This is the procedures for a business (hotel/guest house) to obtain permission to submit online guest registration. It is a database application that they use to submit the information to immigration and not an open website so of course you won't find an internet site for this. Note the requirement to supply immigration with a CD which will contain the application and registration codes.

Registration by businesses via Internet. Prepare the documents
  1. Business license or signed copy of business registration confirmation
  2. Letter of authorisation to conduct the registration via internet
  3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorisation and authorised person
  4. Fill in the form provided by the officer (download)
  5. 1 empty compact disk (CD)
Hand over the complete documents to the officer in charge.
  • The officer examines the documents.
The officer announces the result of the examination.
  • If documents are incomplete, the business owner is notified.
  • If documents are complete, the officer in charge accepts the registration. The registration code is sent to the business by mail or e-mail as indicated by the business owner, together with record forms.

Immigration

• Like 1