Chief investigator says Erawan shrine bombing was not the work of Thai perpetrators

webfact

"I could hardly credit it no matter what their background or beliefs! But facts are facts and a major meeting will have to be called to consider what action to take." he said.....Chief Investigator

It's about time; there's going to be...not just a meeting, but a major meeting!

This should get the investigation into high gear. We'll be seeing results in no time.

post-242684-0-51871400-1440754414_thumb.

Edited by Hayduke

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am amazed of the quality (or lack thereof) of journalists here. Is it because they are just holding the microphone and do not dare ask questions? If I was journalist and such a clown started blabbering these things, I would immediately start asking some nasty questions to expose how stupid these remarks are.

Unfortunately it seems this is not the norm here.

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

Awesome how ignorant and xenophoebic some people can be ... Is this loonie not aware that shooting, stabbing and rapes thai against thai happens on a daily basis ... just look at how they kill each other, drunk driving, in the traffic mayhem blink.png

Exactly ... all the killings and bombings in the south are conducted by non-Thais?

Or is he actually saying that he doesn't consider those southern Muslims to be true Thais?

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

Awesome how ignorant and xenophoebic some people can be ... Is this loonie not aware that shooting, stabbing and rapes thai against thai happens on a daily basis ... just look at how they kill each other, drunk driving, in the traffic mayhem blink.png

this one was good

https://www.facebook.com/MotoringThailand/videos/vb.348128218620115/656988357734098/

Obviously not Thai. Thai not behave like that. What a sweet tempered young lady. Just misunderstood, that's all! Trying to help the red car driver with helpful hints on driving.

So despite the definite headline, the only evidence behind this is that he can not believe a Thai would do this to another Thai ?. And what rank is he ?.

Good to know he is going into the investigation with an open mind. Someone should let him know about the Thais who were happy enough to fire grenades into crowds of innocent people which numbered dead women and children in the final tally.

Anyway, his biggest priority is not to find out who planted the bomb, it is to find out who ordered it. There are plenty of people in this world today who don't care who they kill for the right price.

I think we all knew the final outcome of this on the same day the bomb went off : the same as who killed the 30 dead during the protests. Absolutely nothing. Nobody wants to know because of the trouble it will cause if people are named.

Edited by Fat Haggis

So despite the definite headline, the only evidence behind this is that he can not believe a Thai would do this to another Thai ?. And what rank is he ?.

Good to know he is going into the investigation with an open mind. Someone should let him know about the Thais who were happy enough to fire grenades into crowds of innocent people which numbered dead women and children in the final tally.

Anyway, his biggest priority is not to find out who planted the bomb, it is to find out who ordered it. There are plenty of people in this world today who don't care who they kill for the right price.

I think we all knew the final outcome of this on the same day the bomb went off : the same as who killed the 30 dead during the protests. Absolutely nothing. Nobody wants to know because of the trouble it will cause if people are named.

Good to see even the king of the apologists is struggling to spin this one out, still cant resist a sly dig at the redshirts and the bogeyman though...sad, very sad....

OK Mark, I suggest you read EnglishJohn's post again and try to understand what he was clearly saying, that the people who were doing the grenades in markets & off motorway overpasses and also shooting kids in Trat do deserve at least a sly dig, or preferably a charge of murder. Thai people do and are killing Thai people, in one cause last year, nearly thirty people, AND it has become a political hot potato. Now, EJ says he questions the policeman's motive/experience/rank etc for not believing his countrymen could kill their countrymen in cold blood, on principal, without evidence, when the opposite is a fact. Are you also then of the opinion that Thai people could not do this? Clarify your thinking before jumping to conclusions, accusing people just because you are sensitive to someone you think may be thinking about criticizing (your perhaps favored) Redshirt heroes.

Oh goody another apologist who tries to blame everything on one side...

Truth is both sides are absolute scum and the RTP are a joke of an institution but hypocrites like EJ have a very blinkered world view plus I am right as even a rabid apologist like EJ cannot spin something out of this so it must be bad but even so he cannot resist a sly dig, predictable but sad all the same...

You ought to be taking medication for these hallucinations of yours. Who were the 30 people killed in the protests? Knowing your political bias, probably caused by the being thoroughly brainwashed by your yellowshirt Thai wife, I take it you mean the redshirts were responsible. As far as I know no one has been convicted of any murders on either side, although I'm sure there were some committed by both sides. Were you present at any of the sites at the time? Have you access to any evidence that's being withheld from the general public? Of course not, it's all in your mind. I for one am getting fed up with you lunatic ravings, no amount of wishful thinking is going to make the redshirts responsible for this so please pipe down.

If I were to be making a guess I'd be looking at the Uighur/IS connection, but I could be wrong.

The thing is there's already someone charged with the murder of the kids at Trat.

As for this coppers rank, it makes no difference really, as his boss made some pretty stupid comments a few days after the incident. And his boss also made stupid comments not long after the Koh Tao murders.

To be frank , he might be right, I doubt Thai buddhists would kill their own people in front of the shrine. But I am open to Thai musllims could have done it ,but most likely foreigners .

This nonsensical article reminds me of the Death Island (Kho Tao) RTP investigation

that "NO THAI COULD DO THIS" where most people around the world know otherwise!!coffee1.gif

This is the same guy that took over the KT case after two weeks, can't remember though was he the senior officer that stated to the media that "No Thai could possibly commit such a crime", or was it someone even higher up at that time. If latter, then apple does not fall far from the tree.

This investigation is an insult to the victims and their families like when TAT Ms. Popcorn assured that everything was okay since families of the victims had been paid lousy 300,000B ...

Shame on you Thailand - I hope their great "High-Season" is gonna be a Financial disaster for the tourism industry and there by Thailand ...

This is just more evidence of Thailand's inflated opinion of itself. The reality is that Thailand is an insignificant backwater in world affairs, so why on Earth would any foreigner want to come to the country to set off bombs. Another indication that it is Thais who are involved is that, whenever there is a terrorist attack anywhere else in the world, someone or some group quickly claims responsibility. That has never happened in Thailand, except in the deep south.

Still do not understand how they can say they issued a search warrant when there is no name on it. The police should just say they tacked a wanted poster on a utility pole as that is what it boils down to.

Most professional law enforcement agencies that I ever had contact with, or worked for, had one spokesperson that issued press releases and other information to the media and general public.

This practice is sorely lacking in this, and other instances. It seems that any incident is an opportunity for many "functionaries" to belly up to the trough for their fifteen minutes of fame in front of the media, with several coming for second and third helpings.

The result is what is seen on a daily basis, which is, conflicting information, personal assumptions and outright public relations disasters. Medals, uniforms and position does not make a creditable and informed speaker.

The world continues to stare in disbelief at the comedic revelations taking place.

Still do not understand how they can say they issued a search warrant when there is no name on it. The police should just say they tacked a wanted poster on a utility pole as that is what it boils down to.

Look up "John Doe Warrant" in Google or other search engine. It may explain it better than I am able to.

"Education is more than the imaginary boiling of water".

Edited by Benmart

If its not Thais, and its only possibly foreigners, that just leaves one possibility

It Aliens

Call the Men in Black.

men_in_black_08.jpg

You may need to brush up on your recent Thai history before making a bad attempt at humour. Men in Black murdered quite a few people allegedly.

To be frank , he might be right, I doubt Thai buddhists would kill their own people in front of the shrine. But I am open to Thai musllims could have done it ,but most likely foreigners .

I thought the shrine was rather more Hindu than Buddha, although the 2 religions seem to intermix somewhat. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can explain why the shrine is relevant to Thai, and especially Chinese Buddhists.