What residence documents for Non-Imm O-A Extension?

I own a condo in Bangkok along with my Thai partner. The blue housebook does not have my name in it, I suppose because I'm not Thai. The book does not have my partners name in it because her "official residence" is in another blue book for a different address and has never been changed.

I have a copy of the deed that has both of our names on it and I have a brief letter from the juristic person certifying that I live here full time.

The USA affidavit of income also has a paragraph certifying my address.

Will these documents be enough to prove my address when I go for my extension of stay on my non-imm O-A here in Bangkok next week?

Should I bring along some mail sent to me at this address? Water bills from the condo that have my name on them? Do I need to bring a map with me to show where it is?

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Will these documents be enough to prove my address when I go for my extension of stay on my non-imm O-A here in Bangkok next week?

This raises a question: you had a Non O-A and so got a 1 year permission to stay (which seems to be over soon).

What proof of address did you use for your 90 day reports?

Or have you never been in the country continuously for more than 90 days?

Edited by KhunBENQ

"I have a copy of the deed that has both of our names on it and I have a brief letter from the juristic person certifying that I live here full time."

That should be enough.

It is better not to offer any documentation or proof that they do not ask for. Certainly have the originals and copies of any residence proof with you (I always take my lease and a utilities bill with my name and address) so that, if asked, you can produce them, but do not include more than the official list of documents when you hand in the initial application. This is the list:

Original passport/departure card

Completed double-sided, single sheet TM.7 with attached 4x6 cm color photo

Consulate monthly Income affidavit, not more than 6 months old or bank passbook (updated day of application) and letter from bank showing more than 800,000B balance for 60 days (first extension application) or 90 days (all other extensions). Bank book and letter amount should match exactly, letter can be a day or two old.

100% size photocopy of passport face-data page

100% size photocopy of original visa

100% size photocopy of your current/expiring extension

100% size photocopy of your arrival/departure card,

all signed

1,900 baht retirement extension fee"

This is always the best strategy, as it avoids complications: for example if you hand in a proof of residence that they decide not to accept, they can send you away. If however they do not ask for proof of residence then this situation is avoided. I myself have done 4 retirement extensions at Chaengwattana, the last one in January this year, and I never offered, nor was asked for, any proof of residence at all.

However now there are conflicting reports as to whether Chaengwattana Immigration require any proof of residence when applying for an extension of permission to stay on the grounds of retirement.

Most people still say this is not necessary, and there is a report of someone doing the extension in the last few weeks, who was not asked for any proof of residence at all. http://www.thaivisa....ok-august-2015/

Another person reported being asked for a lot of documentary proof about his wife, marriage and house books, but I think this is because he was using his wife as a reference for proof of residence so they used this as an opportunity to make him fulfill all the requirements for a marriage extension as well. It seems mention of wives creates additional problems, so it's better to avoid any mention involvement of spouses, if possible.

Please come back and tell us if they asked you to produce proof of residence at Chaengwattana once you do the extension, as it's better to be forewarned!

Edited by partington

Thanks for your input! Upon reflection I agree that it's best to have everything one might need in one's back pocket to provide if asked for.

I'll subscribe to the Keep It Simple method when I go on Sept. 10. and hand over only the things they asked for. I'll report back on the results, too.