Buying Bed Sheets (other than Big C, Lotus, Index etc...)

sunoco27

I need to buy a spare king sized bed sheet so i have something to use while the other is getting laundered.

I don't want to spend BIG money for something I only need for a day or two.

Is there anywhere in the City or HangDong where I can buy reasonably?

Thank You

Well, there are a heap of naysayers here, but I can tell you, I bought spare King and Queen size sheets, both fitted, and top sheets with pillow cases.

These were at the Warawot market, and the top sheet and pillow cases cost me 1500B. They were not a super thread size. What I bought was for the tropics, and a light towelling bed cover has sufficed for 3 years. When it hits around Zero degrees C, I can always haul out the big thick doona/duve/bedcover.

Yes, the sheets might disintegrate sometime, but this is their 3rd year. Far better than buying super expensive, imported bedding.

For some reason, every time I move to a new place, the bed is a different size, hence the spares.

Check out the various bedding sellers on the 2nd floor, and don't be afraid to bargain .

Well, there are a heap of naysayers here, but I can tell you, I bought spare King and Queen size sheets, both fitted, and top sheets with pillow cases.

These were at the Warawot market, and the top sheet and pillow cases cost me 1500B. They were not a super thread size. What I bought was for the tropics, and a light towelling bed cover has sufficed for 3 years. When it hits around Zero degrees C, I can always haul out the big thick doona/duve/bedcover.

Yes, the sheets might disintegrate sometime, but this is their 3rd year. Far better than buying super expensive, imported bedding.

For some reason, every time I move to a new place, the bed is a different size, hence the spares.

Check out the various bedding sellers on the 2nd floor, and don't be afraid to bargain .

you don't take your own bed with you when you move? rather odd....

At the Night Bazaar, Kalare Market on the south side is a linen shop open in the evening. It is next to the No Bra Bar, an unlikely location. Jiep is the proprietor. She has quality sheets, pillowcases, towel, cotton robes, in short, everything I have ever needed.

My advice on the bedsheet situation besides buying them in your home country is to use a flat sheet instead of a bottom fitted sheet. A full size sheet will cover, and tuck into a queen size mattress. It is highly likely your Thai GF can do this as well as a Marine out of boot-camp. The flat sheets fold easier, dry easier, and wash easier, and are less expensive. I'm using 300 thread count 100% cotton full size flat sheets bought in America for 11.99 usd each (Target). The queens were only 13.99, so the cost savings wasn't a biggie, but it's just more efficient. So, I would consider the same strategy here.

Makro have Hotel grade Cotton sheets upstairs on 108. Saw them in passing last week but don't have a clue about prices as don't need any right now so not looking at detail.

I was in Makro last night and noticed their high-quality 100% cotton fitted bottom sheet at 1,800 THB (and white only bah.gif ). No pillow covers included.

For 1800-2000 THB you can get some really high-quality 450 thread count, 100% pure cotton, fitted bottom king-size sheet and 2 pillow cases. Available in some amazing colors and/or patterns, imported from Japan, at Central KSK. They have this incredible sale usually 3X per year. These are normally 6-7K THB, marked down to 1800-2000 THB.

Makro have Hotel grade Cotton sheets upstairs on 108. Saw them in passing last week but don't have a clue about prices as don't need any right now so not looking at detail.

What exactly is hotel grade?

I think it is similar to builders grade in home construction...meaning it has good specs, and fully functional; but not considered high-end, or a luxury item. There should be some assurance that it is not super cheap stuff that will disintegrate right away. Probably a 200-400 thread count in sheets, but hotel grade may not mean 100% cotton, here.