Freedom of speech still exists, Wissanu insists

Lite Beer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most telling part of this PR exercise, was not that Free Speech still exists, but that he expects the present government to be in Step Two BEFORE an election takes place, FOR YEARS..... the cats out of the bag.

Finally, an admission of what many have suspected for a long time. No elections for YEARS.

QUOTE : Asked what the government expects from itself after its first year in power, the deputy prime minister said: "No matter how many years we are in power, we are still in the second step [of the three-step procedure], and we are looking forward to seeing the third step implemented after an election."

Les Majeste aside:

It's quite simple : you can say what you want as long as you are not writing stuff to promote division.

What this means, red-shirts, is stop egging each other on to go and commit more terrorism. We have seen enough of your 'democracy' now with your intimidation mobs outside courtrooms, death threats to judges or attacks on non-red shirt politicians if they dare venture into a red-shirt province. Thailand does not need more cowards firing grenades into women and children for a couple of thousand baht.

I have seen several of the low-end posters here sputtering about a peoples uprising and some sort of 'communist revolution' (which they seem to confuse with 'democracy') which is coming very soon. I reckon that's the sort of thing they are talking about.

It's quite simple - but obviously not simple enough. What you fail to realise is how you are free to post all this whining on a public forum. If it was anything like you pretend, why aren't you in jail with all the others you try to imply have been arrested ?.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Les Majeste aside:

It's quite simple : you can say what you want as long as you are not writing stuff to promote division.

What this means, red-shirts, is stop egging each other on to go and commit more terrorism. We have seen enough of your 'democracy' now with your intimidation mobs outside courtrooms, death threats to judges or attacks on non-red shirt politicians if they dare venture into a red-shirt province. Thailand does not need more cowards firing grenades into women and children for a couple of thousand baht.

I have seen several of the low-end posters here sputtering about a peoples uprising and some sort of 'communist revolution' (which they seem to confuse with 'democracy') which is coming very soon. I reckon that's the sort of thing they are talking about.

It's quite simple - but obviously not simple enough. What you fail to realise is how you are free to post all this whining on a public forum. If it was anything like you pretend, why aren't you in jail with all the others you try to imply have been arrested ?.

Good grief! The view from the Yellow Planet...

This is pure gold ! This topic is about Free Speech, do we all agree ?

99 % of the comments so far have been denigrating the current government because of their stand on free speech, ie, they are not really "into it".

Things were going along swimmingly until out of the blue a member dared to post a comment from the "yellow" side and he was shot down in flames (literally) for doing so.

Apparently you are not entitled to an opinion unless you are a junta basher.

Hilarious !

Carry on, I am enjoying your amazing comments ! biggrin.png

...................... I'm not a junta apologist, but ....................

cheesy.gif

OK, so Mikemac, do you think that English John is really with the rest of us on the same planet?

Let's start with this;

which is blaaaatenly not true. Let's take a recent "rant" from the current, self-appointed "PM", shall we?

“They have no right to suggest that to anyone. Do they have the right?” Prayuth told reporters yesterday. “Why do the media give a platform to these people?”

“Politicians are not involved,” he said .... “It’s already generous of me for letting these people talk. “Usually, these people shouldn’t be allowed to speak at all.”

“These people, now that they are being harsh to me, I will have to be harsh in return,” he said. “Well, they shouldn’t reject the laws if there’s legal action against them. Don’t whine and scream that they are treated unjustly. That would be wrong thinking, because they did it to themselves.”

“There’s no need for a prohibition now. But when the time comes, I will deal with them,” Prayuth said. “Today I have to teach people to think.

Well, that doesn't sound like "let the bells of freedom ring", then what does??
clap2.gif

Freedom of speech doesn't exit in Thailand, but it doesn't exist in Germany, USA, Australia as well.

All the political correct freedom of speech friends want the freedom only for their opinions.....

Speak in Germany or Austria about the good things from Hitler (no matter if there are good one or not, freedom means that you can also express opinions which are wrong)

And you'll be faster in jail than you blink.

Speak in USA that you don't like gays or black people and you'll be in troubles.

You are 100% right.

If I were to go to Germany and say that hitler is a great leader and thanks to him germany was born from their ashes after WW1, I'd probably get arrested on the spot. If Germany had won the 2nd world war then the opposite would of been true, anyone critisizing Hitler would be sent to jail.

There is no freedom of expression in the EU its all HORSE SHİT

I seriously think there is greater freedom of speech in Thailand, atleast I could probably pay my way out of trouble here biggrin.png

Good stuff my friend, minority PM bashers here do not want to hear what you say--it goes against their agenda------SURE

Now you're beginning to show your true colour, and that is a darker colour than yellow.

Must have twisted your titties to no end as Thaksin and his merry band of ********** won the majority vote in election after election!

The absurdity of this statement defies belief. There is not even a slight resemblance to actual freedom of speech in Thailand. I sometimes wonder if what comes out of these official's mouths actually registers in their own brains?

Why does it need to when they can simply sling your ass in jail for saying anything that displeases them?

Way OTT who are they---unless you can give example. because at the last vote only 36% voted PTP more --much more than that are reasonably pleased with the way forward----YES problems---but they were here already.

Nasty aggressive OTT propaganda as with some of TVF posters expect trouble as in most countries---there are limits you can go to.

Says the poster who brings in the results of the last election to a thread which is nothing to do with the subject. Propaganda much?

As for examples of people being slung in jail, I will be charitable and assume you are joking.

Ahhhhh. I remember the dark old days.

thairedshirts.org who have never ever allowed me to post anything that is neutral in the 9 months I was a member. Nothing rude, nothing vulgar, just a differing opinion.

The PTP squashed freedom of speech. They sued anyone that criticized them yet they said they were democratic? Some supported a party that never allowed one to enjoy the freedom one could enjoy on Thaivisa. Even today and now. We all have a say on this wonderful open forum that I cherish, but the irony of the ability to openly constructively criticise the Junta on this forum is lost. The irony of political parties criticising the Junta on public forums is lost. We see the criticism everyday in news articles and in comments here by the bitter and twisted, but it is lost.

I remember trying to get 1 post published on the above site and NOTHING. I repeat, NOTHING. They allowed one point of view and that is why reform was needed.

I prefer Thai visa forum because it is allows both view points.

And one can be assured i will not attack or belittle anyone with a differing view point here. Democracy does not allow that.

Edited by djjamie

Post commenting on moderation has been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Les Majeste aside:

99 % of the comments so far have been denigrating the current government because of their stand on free speech, ie, they are not really "into it".

Things were going along swimmingly until out of the blue a member dared to post a comment from the "yellow" side and he was shot down in flames (literally) for doing so.

Hilarious !

cheesy.gif

OK, so Mikemac, do you think that English John is really with the rest of us on the same planet?

Let's start with this;

which is blaaaatenly not true. Let's take a recent "rant" from the current, self-appointed "PM", shall we?

“They have no right to suggest that to anyone. Do they have the right?” Prayuth told reporters yesterday. “Why do the media give a platform to these people?”

“Politicians are not involved,” he said .... “It’s already generous of me for letting these people talk. “Usually, these people shouldn’t be allowed to speak at all.”

“These people, now that they are being harsh to me, I will have to be harsh in return,” he said. “Well, they shouldn’t reject the laws if there’s legal action against them. Don’t whine and scream that they are treated unjustly. That would be wrong thinking, because they did it to themselves.”

“There’s no need for a prohibition now. But when the time comes, I will deal with them,” Prayuth said. “Today I have to teach people to think.

clap2.gif

Try reading my post again tb, s-l-o-w-l-y this time, and understand the point I was making, instead of using every comment I make as an excuse to attack me.

I did not once quote anything EJ posted, or defend it any way. The point I made was that as soon as he posted he was attacked for daring to disagree with the majority of posters who were mainly attacking the current government (which I thought was against the rules !)

You really should brush up on your reading skills, and have a flick through the forum rules as well. clap2.gif

thairedshirts.org who have never ever allowed me to post anything that is neutral in the 9 months I was a member. Nothing rude, nothing vulgar, just a differing opinion.

The PTP squashed freedom of speech. They sued anyone that criticized them yet they said they were democratic? Some supported a party that never allowed one to enjoy the freedom one could enjoy on Thaivisa. Even today and now. We all have a say on this wonderful open forum that I cherish, but the irony of the ability to openly constructively criticise the Junta on this forum is lost. The irony of political parties criticising the Junta on public forums is lost. We see the criticism everyday in news articles and in comments here by the bitter and twisted, but it is lost.

I remember trying to get 1 post published on the above site and NOTHING. I repeat, NOTHING. They allowed one point of view and that is why reform was needed.

And one can be assured i will not attack or belittle anyone with a differing view point here. Democracy does not allow that.

"thairedshirts.org who have never ever allowed me to post anything that is neutral in the 9 months I was a member"

Thairedshirts.org......You mean the UDD............. Really?.......Evidence would be better than making a 9-month insinuation smear of the UDD and PTP. Besides, there is no neutrality in political discussions, so that part of the above quote alone brings the whole thing into question. The next thing we can expect is the assertion that the smear is neutral.

Really.....Who is Dijamie really?

Should we care about the above assurance? Who should care about a generalization such as this....Just comment on a debate, and we will judge whether it as an attack or a belittling........ Same as we will judge when something is neutral or not. It rarely is.

And can this quote be accepted as valid and honorable?....Hmmm.

Would you by any chance have a copy of that, and their alleged rejection?

I suppose you think that reform means reform, and think that is neutral. Your use of the term 'reform' in above quote is not neutral, by a long shot, let me assure you.

So, all that said, I challenge you to respond without attacking the messenger as you angelically claim never to do.

Edited by Blackfalds

Hilarious !

cheesy.gif

Let's start with this;

clap2.gif

Try reading my post again tb, s-l-o-w-l-y this time, and understand the point I was making, instead of using every comment I make as an excuse to attack me.

I did not once quote anything EJ posted, or defend it any way. The point I made was that as soon as he posted he was attacked for daring to disagree with the majority of posters who were mainly attacking the current government (which I thought was against the rules !)

You really should brush up on your reading skills, and have a flick through the forum rules as well. clap2.gif

come on mike, I understood your post perfectly well, but you seemed not to understand mine, ... At all.

never mind.

"And one can be assured i will not attack or belittle anyone with a differing view point here. Democracy does not allow that."

Too bad this does no longer exist in Thailand.