Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

Urgent: Turkish suspect arrested in Bangkok with bomb making equipment
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police arrested a Turkish man at a rented room in Bangkok's Nong Chok district Saturday afternoon and found a lot of bomb making tools and materials.

The arrest was made after about 100 police and troops surrounded the apartment at at 1:30 pm.

Among the matterials, police found 0.5mm-diameter ball bearings that were the same type with the bombs that exploded at the Erawan Shrine and the Sathorn Bridge on August 17 and 18.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Urgent-Turkish-suspect-arrested-in-Bangkok-with-bo-30267728.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-29

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one on the left is a drawing made from a still frame of a fuzzy video from a camera that's probably 20 years old.

I say arresting a Turkish man with the same bomb materials in his apartment as was used in the bombing of the shrine is a good start.

RT@vaitor: Local Thai Media stating Police raided suspects house and identified him as a Turkish national (28 years old) -http://t.co/VvFY1FjMeC

CNkCjz4UsAAVfsQ.jpg

The only similarity between the photo and the picture is both have a head with ears on it.

I sure hope they're on the right track.

This might sound weird, but from Thailand's POV it would be "better" if the terrorist is related to the Turkish conflict and NOT related to ISIS/Al Queda/South Thailand/red shirts/internal power conflict.

WoW.... Just Great news if this is the right guy... should have all those RTP slaters eating their words now... Let us all hope this is the bomber and he gets what's coming his way...! Should be an interesting story of his tracking down and capture.

RT@vaitor: Local Thai Media stating Police raided suspects house and identified him as a Turkish national (28 years old) -http://t.co/VvFY1FjMeC

CNkCjz4UsAAVfsQ.jpg

The similarities are miles apart.... I just hope they got the real culprit. It would be a waste of justice to see it slip, simply because they want to get someone they fabricate a case. Bomb making equipment. Could one be a bit more specific. Pictures please..... ball bearings ok good find... or simply coincidence? Whats the motive..... lost a love suite in courts? I would really like to get to the bottom of this without the frills of explaination for dumb people.

The photo and photofit look compelling.

It doesn't show who funded it.

Why is public enemy number 1 still in BKK?

Lets see it the the evidence is real. I mean just look at Koh Tao.

If its real we can expect him being paraded in public etc etc.

If its a fit up, we can expect a Pakistani interpreter and the suspect to be 'influenced' to make a confession over a number of days.

To add, because the Turkish connection would be politically the least messy for the Thai government, especially compared to south Thailand or red shirts, that does add another aspect of skepticism.

So there was bomb making equipment. Hmm. Assuming that find it legit, there were future bomb plans? If not, why keep such damning evidence around?

Police will of course have problems convincing people that they didnt plant the "evidence" since we all know that they are liars ...

Only among TV posters. Thais will lap it up and believe every word out of the mouths of the BiB. They caught a foreigner after all.

And looking at the 'evidence' photo, I'm glad they didn't raid my place as I have all that equipment too! Scissors, screw drivers and a tape measure? They also need to find explosive material.

Thai PBS news TV is now covering this live. They are showing bags and bags of alleged bomb making stuff. They said the guy's name is Ahmed.

Ahmed, eh? Straight out of central casting.

Whether they got the right guy or not (hopefully so) that doesn't mitigate criticism of what we know about the investigation in terms of the absurdly quick cleanup of the site, etc.

Archived