Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RT@W7VOA: Police display one of the passport seized in room of #BangkokBlast suspect (no confirmation if real identity). http://t.co/yJCvVWKvaG

CNkSBMLUAAAWuSG.jpg

Why does it say date of expiry two times?

Someone with same passport let us know if Date of Expiry is listed twice on yours.

Very Observant.

The 2013 Date Line should read "Date of Issue".

Translation Error???

was this passport stamped by Thai immigration?

if so, the officer should be in trouble!

if he is the bomber and PP is fake...visa and immigration crack downs on farangs a coming me thinks

Maybe he used this id/passport to lease the rooms and used a different passport to enter the country.

And in any event there wouldn't be any need to be fearful if any crackdown involved checking ' date of issue' and 'date of expiry" are features of any passport used. As everyone knows, each passport used to enter the country is scanned, so if he used this one it will be in the system.

RT@W7VOA: Police display one of the passport seized in room of #BangkokBlast suspect (no confirmation if real identity). http://t.co/yJCvVWKvaG

CNkSBMLUAAAWuSG.jpg

Why does it say date of expiry two times?

Someone with same passport let us know if Date of Expiry is listed twice on yours.

Very Observant.

The 2013 Date Line should read "Date of Issue".

Translation Error???

Or a Fake Passport Error?

Thai PBS news TV is now covering this live. They are showing bags and bags of alleged bomb making stuff. They said the guy's name is Ahmed.

Ahmed, eh? Straight out of central casting.

Whether they got the right guy or not (hopefully so) that doesn't mitigate criticism of what we know about the investigation in terms of the absurdly quick cleanup of the site, etc.

You are kidding youself

Well they were under pressure to arrest somebody... anybody. Now they just have to plant and fabricate evidence. Case solved.

BS. This is the guy. All the details of his face match the supsect in detail, except for a haircut. And, I believe they did find these materials in his apartment. Thai people aren't so corrupt that they don't care about catching the right guy in a case like this. And when people like yourself make immediate comments diss'ing whatever attempt is made, I consider it a form of racism on your part.

If he is a turk why would he use a fake turkish passport smartypants

Because he didn't want to travel under his real name.

Calm down buddy. Nobody is condemning the Turks.

Why would someone who can easily get the genuine document use a forged one and risk the chance of getting caught before carrying out the attack? It doesnt make sense.

And anyone whos been to Turkey before will tell you that this guy doesnt even look remotely Turkish.

You seem very susceptible about the fact he may be Turkish...calm down buddy we do not judge a whole country and its people on one man , at least not the majority of us...

Why would he use his real name, especially if he is already known in Turkey for extremism...

If some Turk wanted to carry out a terrorist attack, they'd carry it out on Kurds, not Thais. I call this BS

Scissors, duct tape, I have them at my home too.

HERE IS WHY!!!

For people that don't know, a few months ago Thailand deported several hundred refugees back to China and Turkey. They were hiding in Thailand, and were being held in camps to determine what to do with them. The press said they were sent back to China, but many were sent back to Turkey as well. The refugees claimed to be Turkish.

From the beginning, I thought this bombing smelled like payback for sending their buddies back to the governments that were repressing them and probably sending them back to death or certain prison.

If these are Turks,,,,,it is a direct result of those deportations.

Here is your Turkey connection for you people that didn't follow the deportations....read this article. TURKEY is heavily involved.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/10/us-thailand-uighurs-turkey-idUSKCN0PK0E420150710

Stop shining a light on it and destroying all their theories!tongue.png

"0.5mm-diameter ball bearings"

and how big are the ball bearing balls 0.05?

The found 5 mm ball bearing balls....... Has The Nation no one with an IQ over 70?

I believe the entrance criteria is 0.07, but bigger balls probably come into it.

RT@vaitor: Local Thai Media stating Police raided suspects house and identified him as a Turkish national (28 years old) -http://t.co/VvFY1FjMeC

CNkCjz4UsAAVfsQ.jpg

The only similarity between the photo and the picture is both have a head with ears on it.

They sure had me fooled!

Going by the artist's drawing of the suspect, I have been looking for this guy for 13 days now!

post-147745-0-15247100-1440844346_thumb.

Also, I did not expect him to go home after the bombing and sit there for 13 days with his bomb building supplies and wait for someone to finally show up to arrest him.

After 13 days he was probably getting a little impatient!

Thai PBS news TV is now covering this live. They are showing bags and bags of alleged bomb making stuff. They said the guy's name is Ahmed.

Ahmed, eh? Straight out of central casting.

Whether they got the right guy or not (hopefully so) that doesn't mitigate criticism of what we know about the investigation in terms of the absurdly quick cleanup of the site, etc.

You are kidding youself

About what?

I am not certain they got the right guy yet. Are you? I certainly hope they did.

As far as criticism of how the scene was dealt with and the lack of response to international assistance, that criticism is justified whether or not they have succeeded in this capture.

If he is a turk why would he use a fake turkish passport smartypants

Because he didn't want to travel under his real name.

Calm down buddy. Nobody is condemning the Turks.

Why would someone who can easily get the genuine document use a forged one and risk the chance of getting caught before carrying out the attack? It doesnt make sense.

And anyone whos been to Turkey before will tell you that this guy doesnt even look remotely Turkish.

You seem very susceptible about the fact he may be Turkish...calm down buddy we do not judge a whole country and its people on one man , at least not the majority of us...

Why would he use his real name, especially if he is already known in Turkey for extremism...

You guys probably dont judge a country based on one man, but Thais surely do. I went a hotel with my Israeli friend, we were denied a room because he had a Israeli passport. Apparently that hotel doesn't allow Israelis because some Israeli tourist stole some items from the room and fled without paying before. And this is just one example.

And plus, I reitirate my stance, the guy is not Turkish

as pointed out by other posters, there are also other mistakes in this bad quality fake, the most obvious other mistake being the 2 dodgy dates, I don't know any passports with identical date of issuance and expiry date, i.e. issued on number 5 always expires on number 4.

I'm surprised a terrorist would take the risk of traveling on such a bad quality fake passport.

My passport has date issued 05 Jan 2011

date expired 05 Jan 2021

Arm Chair critics. The majority of these post are blatantly bias, derogatory and racist. You call it Thainese - I call it Thainese bashing. As a westerner I'm pretty appalled and disgusted with what I read on this forum. The majority of you should return to your native countries as you have no consideration, compassion, understanding or respect of your host / adopted country. I do believe the country you call home is not what you remember if it ever was what depict it to be. If it was SO good why are you in Thailand ?

How many of you ARE former Police Detectives or Agents of special services of and for your native country ?? Only those that are can offer expertise opinion. The rest of you watch to much CSI; The Bill; FBI or the Bourne Identity trilogy to base your vast worldly knowledge of outspoken ill informed opinion on. Your posts are if not more than a pathetic indictment of your pathetic and sorry miserable lives but plausible for a poor excuse of entertainment.

I'm glad I don't know any of you as I would much rather call a Thai a friend than any of you.

Police spokesman say suspect carries fake Turkish passport
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thawornsiri said the suspect arrested in Bangkok's Nong Chok district carried a fake Turkish passport.

As a result, police could not yet confirm his nationality yet.

Prawut said the suspect was not the bomber but might belong to the movement as police found bomb making materials in his room, including 0.5-mm ball bearings used in the bombs that exploded at the Erawan Shrine and the Sathorn pier.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Police-spokesman-say-suspect-carries-fake-Turkish--30267731.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-29

CNkSBMLUAAAWuSG.jpg

100% fake.

there are 2 date of expiry lines

Brilliant, I didn't see that.....And obviously the Thai police didn't see it as well.......

Who said the Thai police didn't see it.

You think they didn't see because they didn't personally inform you?

Ooops, they found out, shame on them not to inform you.

Police spokesman say suspect carries fake Turkish passport

Archived