Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

I would say, if this guy is connected to the bombing, he is the moron they left behind.

As for the photos of the bombmaking material, where is the bomb making material?

Time will tell.

On TV news, they showed a bunch of large sealed plastics boxes, and said the incriminating evidence was in there. They only released limited things to the press thus far.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% fake.

there are 2 date of expiry lines

Yep in the first line its supposed to write date of issue.

They said he own 10 passports

was this passport stamped by Thai immigration?

if so, the officer should be in trouble!

If everything else proofs right: No. Immigration officer can't read every word and study every passport for an hour.

If they scanned it and the computer gave the OK the officer isn't wrong.

Maybe the Erawan bomber was wearing some kind of disguise that day.

But to my eyes, the guy caught today as shown doesn't seem to much resemble the suspected Erawan bomber shown in the blurry CCTV photos. Or at least he certainly got a hair cut between then and now.

The police may indeed have caught someone involved in the bomb plot. But whether this guy is the one who actually did the Erawan bombing is an entirely different issue.

Got a lot of hair in the passport photo??

News says a neighbour tipped the police off that a Turkish guy was living alone in the block, which was strange because it's a low class place for a foreigner to live. So seems like it was a lucky find and that he stitched himself up by making himself stand out like a sore thumb in a predominantly Thai apartment block.

The passport is 100% fake, the news outlets should stop using the term "Turkish"

Its Istanbul, not Iştanbul

And two Date of Expiry columns, the first one is supposed to be Date of Issue.

The PP is maybe fake, but it doesn't mean the person is not a Turk does it ?

The passport is 100% fake, the news outlets should stop using the term "Turkish"

If he is a turk why would he use a fake turkish passport smartypants

If everything else proofs right: No. Immigration officer can't read every word and study every passport for an hour.

as pointed out by other posters, there are also other mistakes in this bad quality fake, the most obvious other mistake being the 2 dodgy dates, I don't know any passports with identical date of issuance and expiry date, i.e. issued on number 5 always expires on number 4.

I'm surprised a terrorist would take the risk of traveling on such a bad quality fake passport.

Regarding fake Turkish passports. So plenty of them out there to get their hands on.

ISIL recruits Chinese with fake Turkish passports from Istanbul

The Turkish daily Meydan has uncovered a network based out of Istanbul, recruiting and facilitating the transport of fighters from China’s autonomous Turkic Uighur Xinjiang region to Syria and Iraq.

The network is based out of Zeytinburnu, a district on Istanbul’s European side which is home to a community of Uighurs who live in Turkey. It is headed by Nurali T, a businessman who has been facilitating the movement of Uighurs from China to Syria and Iraq via Turkey since 2011. He is known by his code name Abbas. An individual who works for him, AG, says that a total of 100,000 fake Turkish passports have been produced, 50,000 of which have been shipped to China to be handed to fighters recruited to join the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

http://www.handsoffsyriasydney.com/war-reports/isil-recruits-chinese-with-fake-turkish-passports-from-istanbul/

as pointed out by other posters, there are also other mistakes in this bad quality fake, the most obvious other mistake being the 2 dodgy dates, I don't know any passports with identical date of issuance and expiry date, i.e. issued on number 5 always expires on number 4.

I'm surprised a terrorist would take the risk of traveling on such a bad quality fake passport.

My passport has identical date of issue and date of expiry date 10 years apart. . That part isnt the problem. But in the first column it writes date of issue, and then date of expiry. In this forged passport both columns are date of expiry.

My passport has identical date of issue and date of expiry date 10 years apart. . That part isnt the problem. But in the first column it writes date of issue, and then date of expiry. In this forged passport both columns are date of expiry.

ok... I've never seen anything like that!

if he is the bomber and PP is fake...visa and immigration crack downs on farangs a coming me thinks

Maybe he used this id/passport to lease the rooms and used a different passport to enter the country.

Because he didn't want to travel under his real name.

Calm down buddy. Nobody is condemning the Turks.

Because he didn't want to travel under his real name.

Calm down buddy. Nobody is condemning the Turks.

Why would someone who can easily get the genuine document use a forged one and risk the chance of getting caught before carrying out the attack? It doesnt make sense.

And anyone whos been to Turkey before will tell you that this guy doesnt even look remotely Turkish.

I sure hope they're on the right track.

This might sound weird, but from Thailand's POV it would be "better" if the terrorist is related to the Turkish conflict and NOT related to ISIS/Al Queda/South Thailand/red shirts/internal power conflict.

It certainly would not be "better" if he turns out to be a Uigher supporter though ! The govt was quick to rule out a link to the recent expulsion to China of those Uigher refugees.

The suspect and the photo have many similarities. Same eyebrows and ears, similar facial hair considering the time frame, the same cheek bones. If this guy had a haircut, disposed of the glasses, and did not wrinkle his brow, he seems very similar. If they found bomb making equipment as well, it would seem that this man is more than just a suspect. Everyone puts the Thais down, no police force reveals all the facts and some of you posters have so much egg on your face, you could make omelettes for the masses.

If some Turk wanted to carry out a terrorist attack, they'd carry it out on Kurds, not Thais. I call this BS

Scissors, duct tape, I have them at my home too.

The only way you could say with absolute certainty that the police have arrested the wrong man would be if you were the bomber.

Well they were under pressure to arrest somebody... anybody. Now they just have to plant and fabricate evidence. Case solved.

Are you saying the RTP planted incriminating evidence in order to make an arrest ? And if so, do you anything to back up this claim ?

RT@vaitor: Local Thai Media stating Police raided suspects house and identified him as a Turkish national (28 years old) -http://t.co/VvFY1FjMeC

CNkCjz4UsAAVfsQ.jpg

The only similarity between the photo and the picture is both have a head with ears on it.

No. They're actually extremely similar. The shape of the head, the shape of the nose, the mouth, the eyes. There are an unusual number of similiarites, particularly for a police sketch of this kind. And, you do realize that the first is a drawing, right? I believe this is the guy. I don't believe they planted this evidence, as other commenters are cynically suggesting. Thailand may have it's corruptions. But they care about catching a person who is blowing up citizens and tourists. And I'm very glad they caught him, too.

The passport is fake guys, just checked my passport. It says issued in Iştanbul.

Its, Istanbul, not Iştanbul, they got that part wrong.

This is not a Turkish passport but a very quality imitation indeed.

Right ! and "Ü" instead of "U" !!

If some Turk wanted to carry out a terrorist attack, they'd carry it out on Kurds, not Thais. I call this BS

Scissors, duct tape, I have them at my home too.

The only way you could say with absolute certainty that the police have arrested the wrong man would be if you were the bomber.

The passport is fake

The guy doesnt look remotely Turkish

These facts are enough for me.

And I didnt say they nabbed the wrong guy, I'm just saying he's not Turkish

Archived