Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

Arm Chair critics. The majority of these post are blatantly bias, derogatory and racist. You call it Thainese - I call it Thainese bashing. As a westerner I'm pretty appalled and disgusted with what I read on this forum. The majority of you should return to your native countries as you have no consideration, compassion, understanding or respect of your host / adopted country. I do believe the country you call home is not what you remember if it ever was what depict it to be. If it was SO good why are you in Thailand ?

How many of you ARE former Police Detectives or Agents of special services of and for your native country ?? Only those that are can offer expertise opinion. The rest of you watch to much CSI; The Bill; FBI or the Bourne Identity trilogy to base your vast worldly knowledge of outspoken ill informed opinion on. Your posts are if not more than a pathetic indictment of your pathetic and sorry miserable lives but plausible for a poor excuse of entertainment.

I'm glad I don't know any of you as I would much rather call a Thai a friend than any of you.

WELL SAID !!

Good statement. I am a ex military veteran and 30 year veteran of international emergency work. I have worked by myself on more than a few explosives disposal situations as well as general emergency work. Arm chair jerks--shut up and go back to selling insurance.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to find the yellow t-shirt in the room.

But Bob; that T shirt would have been the first to be discarded, quickly followed by the hair do.??

There's something screwy about the size of the ball bearings?

Could be bad reporting?

Except Police Lt. Gen Prawut has just told reporters the arrested man is not the BangkokBlast bomber but "thought to have connection to whomever responsible” - so any perceived likeness in these images is moot.

Oh yeah...completely moot. Just an exact similarity to the drawing, plus fake passports, plus ball bearings and other materials, renting out 5 rooms for himself. You're desperate.

Desperate for what? I didn't say he wasn't connected to the bombings. Please kindly point out where I did.

You're the one who's appearing desperate. So desperate to be right with your likeness argument the you're contradicting the RTP. They say the man arrested is not the bomber, therefore not the man in the police sketch - therefore any perceived likeness is moot. And you talk about people talking about 'dumb people'? Please.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical about police matters here or anywhere ...

Agree, but the constant knee-jerk reaction from so many here on TV bashing the RTP, ridiculing their every move, is numbing. It makes it very hard to read any thread about this horrible tragedy, when you have to wade-through all posts that are borderline racists.. Let's just wait and see how this plays out.

Edited by pmugghc

People who are repeating the grey wolves BS

abdullah-%C3%A7atl%C4%B1_293010.jpg

This is the head of the grey wolves, he died 20 years ago in a car accident. And this is what a typical turk looks like. That guy who has a fake Turkish passport is not a TURK. That guy is clearly south asian.

The Uiyghar motive is well established. Is he connected to them? Or not?

It's pretty hard to think of another reason to have a huge pile of fake Turkish passports.

Forgers typically have large numbers of forged passports seeing as they are making them...whistling.gif

funny how people get so easily blinded isn't it ?

Lets just say it is him. Shows all the naysayers that the RTP have been doing a splendid job, quietly.

Yes, if it is him. However, let's see the evidence--he does look similar to the police sketch.

Sorry but what the hell do you mean similar!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----2 eyes 2 ears a mouth and a nose---- hell yes you're right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well, a ball bearing with 0,5 mm diameter, does that exist? Even a bearing with balls of that seize is not made, must be a typing error!

Typing error, same as in the original bomb reports. Should be .5 cm which matches the photos. .5mm=500microns = 5x width of a human hair. smile.png

One thing the RTP doesn't get is a little thing called motive. They think they can just throw whatever s*** against the wall and think it will stick because they don't get the concept of motive at all.

RTP:"here is what we will do, we will blame the Turkish guy, the random Turkish guy because whatever we say is law, motive? Who is going to ask about that? The press? we will get them for defamation.. The public? HA! Motive SCHMOTIVE!"

It frustrates the living daylights out of me.

Motive??

This isn't a game of Cluedo or some Agatha Christie 'whodunnit'. This is an act of mass murder\terrorism. In such cases there is often no motive, other than maybe indoctrinated ideology. Sometimes it's just insanity on the part of the perpetrator.

There have been many cases of mass murder where 'motive' was never established - so are you saying that in all those cases the guilty parties should never have been tried and convicted of their crimes?

Edited by Shadychris

Well, a ball bearing with 0,5 mm diameter, does that exist? Even a bearing with balls of that seize is not made, must be a typing error!

Already in other articles the don't know the difference of mm and cm.

It is 5 mm (or 6) ball bearing balls. The diameter of the actual steel ball. Don't know what staff The Nation has.....Such mistakes are complete normal for them and we never know what else is wrong.....

Lets just say it is him. Shows all the naysayers that the RTP have been doing a splendid job, quietly.

And how do you know that this arrest (if it's legit) isn't based on a tip? It will take a lot more to convince me that the RTP has suddenly become a professional police force,

Typing error, same as in the original bomb reports. Should be .5 cm which matches the photos. .5mm=500microns = 5x width of a human hair. smile.png

and the balls not the bearings.....

Nothing wrong with being skeptical about police matters here or anywhere ...

Agree, but the constant knee-jerk reaction from so many here on TV bashing the RTP, ridiculing their every move, is numbing. It makes it very hard to read any thread about this horrible tragedy, when you have to wade-through all posts that are borderline racists.. Let's just wait and see how this plays, out.

Indeed but that also applies to the TVF lynch mob who have already determined with absolute certainty that this is the bomber, including the 'fact' that he is the spitting image of the artist's image ( the 'fact' that the police have already said that he IS NOT the guy caught on cctv nothwithstanding).

People who are repeating the grey wolves BS

abdullah-%C3%A7atl%C4%B1_293010.jpg

This is the head of the grey wolves, he died 20 years ago in a car accident. And this is what a typical turk looks like. That guy who has a fake Turkish passport is not a TURK. That guy is clearly south asian.

Give a rest Lukecan, time will tell whether the guy they have arrested is a Turk or not, even without the aid of your childish racial profiling

This will be interesting to see how it plays out. My first reaction was "the guy's Turkish...why would a Turk want to do this?!". Then I remembered that there is a sizable Uyghur population living in Turkey...they began emigrating to Turkey in the 1950's. And there were street demonstrations in July in Turkey aimed at China's treatment of Uyghurs. The motive for a Turk to carry this out could (I say "could") be to embarrass the Thai government for their extradition of a bunch of Uyghurs back to China...and to take out a few Chinese in the process. Pure speculation on my part I admit.

just sitting at home getting tucked into my hat with some rice hope now they have got him that the trial will be short before executing him and his associates and not some long drawn out court case full of adjournments for months and never ending appeals and of course congratulations to the police for a job well done provided they have the right man.

I don't give tremendous credit to RTP for this. It does look like they caught a bad guy, and he might be part of a network that was going to continue a series of terror attacks. He's not the bomber. He was found because a neighbor did what she was supposed to do, which is report suspicious foreigners. Renting out 5 rooms is suspicious. I wouldn't put it past RTP to plant evidence, because there was overwhelming condemnation about progress in the investigation. Now, we'll see if RTP can salvage its reputation. Examine the guy's phones and belongings and see if you can ID others in the network. If not, it looks more like the suspect is just a scapegoat to placate RTP's critics.

RT@W7VOA: Police display one of the passport seized in room of #BangkokBlast suspect (no confirmation if real identity). http://t.co/yJCvVWKvaG

CNkSBMLUAAAWuSG.jpg

That passport is counterfeit. The check digits on the bottom line do not compute correctly. Also, look at the validity dates of the passport. Both the issue date and the expiry date are shown as 'Date of Expiry'. I reckon he bought that on the Kao San Road.