Bangkok Bombing: Police Search for More Suspects After Arrest

Lite Beer

Bangkok Bombing: Police Search for More Suspects After Arrest

By Khaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — Investigators are hunting for more suspects in the bombing of the Erawan Shrine while a foreign suspect was being questioned by investigators today at a military base.

Authorities said they are looking for suspects who have "been in Thailand for years” and are connected with a man identified as Adem Karadag in a likely fake Turkish passport, the 28-year-old suspect now charged with possessing explosives after he was taken into custody at an apartment building in the eastern outskirts of the capital.

“Our intelligence also has information about who they are, how they arrived, and what they did this for. These people belong to a network of lawbreakers,” said outgoing police chief Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang. “As for details, I’d prefer not to disclose them now, because it may make our work difficult, and it will alert other perpetrators in the same network.”

Somyot said yesterday’s raid followed a joint investigation by the military and police. They were targeting five rooms inside the Nong Chok district apartment building. Inside one of them, police said they found the suspect along with detonators, ball bearings, explosives and metal pipes similar to materials used in the 17-Aug. bombing.

“We found that there is a connection between him and the bombings at Ratchaprasong and Sathorn pier,” police spokesman Lt. Gen. Prawuth Thawornsiri said.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1440910064

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-30

So they have this guy who is likely the bomb builder brought into Thailand in July for that purpose

They should also have very clear pictures and possibly the identity of up to 12 other people from the rest of the fake passports

If the others are still here they will be aware that they have likely been identified and are being hunted, I fail to see any benefit in not releasing this info to the media including pictures as soon as possible so the public can assist in the hunt.

They are likely residing at another location and could possibly have a number of already assembled devices.

“As for details, I’d prefer not to disclose them now, because it may make our work difficult, and it will alert other perpetrators in the same network.”

But we'll be sure to update you just as soon as we are privy to the foreign investigators whose help we reluctantly had to accept in the end, let us know what they've found next.

Anyone believing the Thais uncovered the terrorist cell all by their little selves is seriously deluded. What part/s of the usual multiple threads on this topic rightly pointing up the ineptitude of the local authorities did you miss w00t.gif

kick the door down and blast them away !!

Come on that's very extreme...

At least arrest and apply some enhanced interrogation techniques before sending them to the 77 virgins.

Might be worthwhile ensuring they'll never get to enjoy the virgins before they all go.

yeah right .. well just get em and interrogate them in the special cell w00t.gif that room with the car batteries and the makita power tools ... and I don't mean the tea room !!!

Erm, the whole point is they don't know which door any more than you do. Try to control those spurs and six-guns pardner...

yeah , John Wayne would have done it. Well maybe not !! anyway pardner ... your ok by me !!

lol. Well the BIB better make sure they got the right doors then cause it cuold be some poor little old lady cleaning the bathroom ..blink.png

Which will mean a, a very sore set of toes and b, probably a few of your own blokes getting slotted in the process of doing the blasting away! Edited by JAG

Quite a lot of people here rather seem to be relishing the prospect of suspects/detainees in this affair being tortured.

Leaving aside the light this shines into the darker recesses of their personalities, beating the living daylights out of a person in interrogation usually results in them telling you what they think you would like to believe rather than what actually happened.

Of course, if the interrogators only want to hear what they already believe then it may be regarded as a successful process!

“As for details, I’d prefer not to disclose them now, because it may make our work difficult, and it will alert other perpetrators in the same network.”

But we'll be sure to update you just as soon as we are privy to the foreign investigators whose help we reluctantly had to accept in the end, let us know what they've found next.

Anyone believing the Thais uncovered the terrorist cell all by their little selves is seriously deluded. What part/s of the usual multiple threads on this topic rightly pointing up the ineptitude of the local authorities did you miss w00t.gif

Four years here and it's finally come to me why so many Thais get such enjoyment out of taking the average Farang narcissist whenever they can. Thank-you for sharing that.

"I’d prefer not to disclose them now, because it may make our work difficult, and it will alert other perpetrators in the same network.”

NOTE to other perpetrators: Do not be alerted by police statements, misstatements, false information and denials.

So they have this guy who is likely the bomb builder brought into Thailand in July for that purpose

They should also have very clear pictures and possibly the identity of up to 12 other people from the rest of the fake passports

If the others are still here they will be aware that they have likely been identified and are being hunted, I fail to see any benefit in not releasing this info to the media including pictures as soon as possible so the public can assist in the hunt.

They are likely residing at another location and could possibly have a number of already assembled devices.

As you can remember,.....the day before the arrest they said they had no clue ! and the next day they have the suspect with the bomb making equipment....!!!

They have good information but don't say anything until it's time to tell.....

Excellent Job RTP.....!!! they fooled us all for over a week......!!!

Best regards.

"I’d prefer not to disclose them now, because it may make our work difficult, and it will alert other perpetrators in the same network.”

NOTE to other perpetrators: Do not be alerted by police statements, misstatements, false information and denials.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

At least arrest and apply some enhanced interrogation techniques before sending them to the 77 virgins.

Might be worthwhile ensuring they'll never get to enjoy the virgins before they all go.

In my copy of the Quran it is 72 virgins

“Our intelligence also has information about who they are, how they arrived, and what they did this for. These people belong to a network of lawbreakers,” said outgoing police chief Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang. “As for details, I’d prefer not to disclose them now, because it may make our work difficult, and it will alert other perpetrators in the same network.”

Because the other guys, who are part of the network with the guy you very publicly arrested, could not possibly be aware of what happened, even though it has been non-stop news ever since.

Sssssssshhhhhhh! Don't tell the bad guys we are looking for them. cheesy.gif

77 or 72, who cares! Is ample enough!

Quite a lot of people here rather seem to be relishing the prospect of suspects/detainees in this affair being tortured.

Leaving aside the light this shines into the darker recesses of their personalities, beating the living daylights out of a person in interrogation usually results in them telling you what they think you would like to believe rather than what actually happened.

Of course, if the interrogators only want to hear what they already believe then it may be regarded as a successful process!

There's no need for physical torture.

There are more expedient ways.

77 or 72, who cares! Is ample enough!

Only 5 mothers!