Poll shows most people agree bombing incidents have worst impacts on government

Lite Beer

Poll shows most people agree bombing incidents have worst impacts on government

IMG_20150830_131351-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Over 80 percent of the respondents to Suan Dusit Poll said that the Ratchaprasong and Sathorn pier bombing incidents have the worst impacts on the government followed by economic problems.

Dusit Poll of Suan Dusit University gauged the opinions of 1,320 people during August 24-29 on various situations which have happened in this country that have negative impacts on the government.

The poll shows the following results in response to the following questions:

On the question about the situations which have positive impacts on the government, the poll shows 80.30 percent point out at peace and the absence of street protests; 78.70 percent point out at the decisiveness of the prime minister; 76.36 percent point out at corruption crackdown and 73.92 percent point point out at cabinet reshuffle.

On the question about the situations which have negative impacts on the government, 84.55 percent of the respondents point out at the Ratchaprasong and Sathorn pier bombing incidents; 83.94 percent point out at economic problems; 79.09 percent point out at drought and problems in the farming sector; and 74.55 percent identify the image of a military regime.

On thequestion of how the government should deal with the situations, 78.79 percent urge the government to speed up tackling economic problems; 75.15 percent say the government should be responsive to divergent opinions from all sides and 68.18 percent say all ministries should cooperate with one another to work for the people.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/poll-shows-most-people-agree-bombing-incidents-have-worst-impacts-on-government

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-30

True to form, "On the question about the situations which have positive impacts on the government" the stuff that follows is right out of the play-book from one side of the political divide. It is the stuff they want to promote and magically, a faux public opinion Poll they characterize as genuine, affirms their spin.

Anticipating the "confirendum" that will soon be held to bless the constitution, I am expecting a blizzard of these Polls. Magically people will see the charter as the answer to all that ails Thailand. Yes, there will be some things that are questioned, but that is smoke seeking to legitimize these things, plus all the Polling type jargon that will be thrown in.

I forget who came up with "confirendum' to describe a referendum controlled to achieve a pre-determined outcome. It was creative wordsmithing indeed.

"75.15 percent say the government should be responsive to divergent opinions from all sides"

The junta government has been responsive - by frequently exercising Article 44 to stop diverse opinions.

Divergent is an Enemy of the State.

True to form, "On the question about the situations which have positive impacts on the government" the stuff that follows is right out of the play-book from one side of the political divide. It is the stuff they want to promote and magically, a faux public opinion Poll they characterize as genuine, affirms their spin.

Anticipating the "confirendum" that will soon be held to bless the constitution, I am expecting a blizzard of these Polls. Magically people will see the charter as the answer to all that ails Thailand. Yes, there will be some things that are questioned, but that is smoke seeking to legitimize these things, plus all the Polling type jargon that will be thrown in.

I forget who came up with "confirendum' to describe a referendum controlled to achieve a pre-determined outcome. It was creative wordsmithing indeed.

You know, I can see some writing on the page but all I can hear as I try to read it is 'Whine Whine Whine'.

Calling every poll a fake is drawing a bit thin now. Just because you don't like the result, stop crying like a schoolboy. It used to be that it was fake because the people doing it would get put in prison if the Junta didn't like it. I notice you people have finally realised you can't get away with that lie any more - so what is the latest reason you have been programmed with by your comrades as to why these independent poll companies are doing it ?.

You know, I can see some writing on the page but all I can hear as I try to read it is 'Whine Whine Whine'.

Calling every poll a fake is drawing a bit thin now. Just because you don't like the result, stop crying like a schoolboy. It used to be that it was fake because the people doing it would get put in prison if the Junta didn't like it. I notice you people have finally realised you can't get away with that lie any more - so what is the latest reason you have been programmed with by your comrades as to why these independent poll companies are doing it ?.

Every 1st year statistics student learns how easy it is to manipulate polls.

Educate yourself a little and realize how unreliable polls are, especially when the poll taker has an agenda.

Ignoring the maligning comments you make about the messenger, you do pose a good question.

That being what makes many think these Polling companies are extensions of one side of the Political divide......that being the elitist, electoral minority, Bangkok-centric, anti-Democrat Party side, etc.

Accepting for arguments sake that neutrality is non-existent in these political discussions, then that presumes one comes at this stuff from one side or the other....I can easily identify what side a comment-er comes from, and most people can quickly sense what side I come from.

From my perspective therefore, almost to a fault, these Polls and their conclusions hit me viscerally as being from the side noted above...Not mine. And this is understandable coming from administrative systems headed up by the officialdom from that side of things. The top dogs in these Educational Institutions are appointive...I don't need to tell you who the appointers are. They are not about to issue stuff inconsistent with what they and their political friends are all about. In fact, these Polls are tools for them to promote and advance their perspective. Someone here called them "Agenda laundering" tools for these people.

And that reality jumps out at me. It would not jump out at those whose views these Polls promote. They simply stroke their Political perspectives and they desperately what them to be seen as Legit.......................Believe me, they are not seen as legit by the electoral majority outside that minority listed in the 2nd. paragraph above.

Edited by Blackfalds

I wonder which think-tanks decided it's time to destabilize the bad-boyz-on-the-block in Asian Pivot / TPP arena. Just thinking outside the boxz.

Edited by connda

coffee1.gif the only polls in print are those sanctioned acceptable of doing so by the Junta....Any basic educated person can easily work out the rest.

Or are you going to claim there isnt restrictions on the press now or that people can say what they like without fear of retribution ?

You spend far too much time pretending the country isnt under restrictions of speech and other fundamental rights which if ignored would end people up in a jail or arrested.

Nothing has changed since last years coup and neither has the truth of what that means.

Ignoring the maligning comments you make about the messenger, you do pose a good question.

That being what makes many think these Polling companies are extensions of one side of the Political divide......that being the elitist, electoral minority, Bangkok-centric, anti-Democrat Party side, etc.

Accepting for arguments sake that neutrality is non-existent in these political discussions, then that presumes one comes at this stuff from one side or the other....I can easily identify what side a comment-er comes from, and most people can quickly sense what side I come from.

From my perspective therefore, almost to a fault, these Polls and their conclusions hit me viscerally as being from the side noted above...Not mine. And this is understandable coming from administrative systems headed up by the officialdom from that side of things. The top dogs in these Educational Institutions are appointive...I don't need to tell you who the appointers are. They are not about to issue stuff inconsistent with what they and their political friends are all about. In fact, these Polls are tools for them to promote and advance their perspective. Someone here called them "Agenda laundering" tools for these people.

And that reality jumps out at me. It would not jump out at those whose views these Polls promote. They simply stroke their Political perspectives and they desperately what them to be seen as Legit.......................Believe me, they are not seen as legit by the electoral majority outside that minority listed in the 2nd. paragraph above.

"That being what makes many think these Polling companies are extensions of one side of the Political divide......that being the elitist, electoral minority, Bangkok-centric, anti-Democrat Party side, etc."

Is that a typo??