CONDO FLOODED ?

last thursday i went to to turn off my kitchen tap and it snapped off completely, nightmare 60 psi water, me shouting help, no one on my floor to hear me,i finally managed to rip out the overfow pipe under the sink (one handed) stick the gushing water pipe into it and tied rag to secure, meantime one flooded flat, oh the stop tap is out in the hallway in a locked cupboard, maintenace came and took photos, tap joint and even the flexy pipe rusted right through, ok sorry long winded, my landlord is a great guy, i have to pay the agent rent tomorrow, i now notice that water has gotten under the wooden floor and the joints are raised, this will only get worse how best do i mention this as the problem was not my fault at all, and could have been a lot worse.

thanks for the reply,1 year coming up next month, older 1 bed condo phra khanong, yep 40 years ago i worked 4 years for local water authority, and no stop tap in the condo, it was a dam joke. beggars belief. still he has 30,000 baht of mine. i want to stay and he has agreed . as i like it here,everything is at hand (except a dam stopcock) lol, will check out the contract tomorrow

i have just looked at my agreement the only thing it stipulates is , Quote : is to make good any damage to the property caused by negligence.well i certainly wasn't negligent, in fact i saved what could have been a catastrophe. i will see the agent today,

water has gotten under the wooden floor

i said give it time and see what happpens when it all dries out.i havent got a problem with it.

Water under a wood floor is a recipe for mildew. I dont know how much water got out, or how quickly it will evaporate where you are, but in farang land you wouldnt normally take the chance by letting it naturally air dry.