Non-immigrant O visa at Perth Consulate

I need to renew my non-immigrant O visa. Previously obtained this through the Brisbane Consulate, 1 year multiple entry, and no requirement for bank balances or income statements. Can anyone tell me if they have obtained a 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant O visa through the Thai Consulate in Perth? What documentation was required?

I was in AU sometime ago. The Canberra consulate gave me incorrect advice re application. Anyway rejected.

I had a second trip back to AU booked so decided I would go simple tract of non imm O from Brisbane. Then prior to my arrival it closed. Now to your question. I then tried every consulate from Perth to Hobart. Disregard info on Melbourne website. It is incorrect.

It appears that AU wants nationals to apply for non imm O-A based on retirement at Canberra or Sydney.

If your non O is based on something other than retirement you will be apply to obtain one at other consulates. If you want the non o-a you can pm and will warn you of couple of things that are needed

I was in AU sometime ago. The Canberra consulate gave me incorrect advice re application. Anyway rejected.

I had a second trip back to AU booked so decided I would go simple tract of non imm O from Brisbane. Then prior to my arrival it closed. Now to your question. I then tried every consulate from Perth to Hobart. Disregard info on Melbourne website. It is incorrect.

It appears that AU wants nationals to apply for non imm O-A based on retirement at Canberra or Sydney.

If your non O is based on something other than retirement you will be apply to obtain one at other consulates. If you want the non o-a you can pm and will warn you of couple of things that are needed

Thanks for your quick response. This is an application based on coming to Thailand to look after my wife/child.

According to the Perth website.....

SPOUSE / FAMILY VISIT (All copies must be certified in wet ink by spouse/family member, translated documents NOT accepted)

A copy of proof of relationship between applicant and spouse/family member i.e. Marriage Certificate and Registration or Birth Certificate and

An original letter from spouse/family member in Thailand verifying current status of relationship and support for applicant's application and

A copy of Change of Name Registration if applicable and

If spouse/family member is a Thai national: A copy of his/her Thai National Identification Card and Thai Passport and A copy of his/her Thai House Registration

Not sure where the op is currently. AU or los.

Either way he could enter and go to somewhere like Vientiane and obtain a non O then apply for his annual extension in location where he is living.

Thanks for the advice. Indeed I am in Thailand and was considering doing the extension at my local immigration office. This would be preferable in some ways as it is the cheaper option (1,900THB) though when time away from work is factored in it is more expensive. This extension process requires both me and my wife to go to immigration and neither of us can take the time required to battle our way through traffic then sit and wait half a day or more to be processed. Last time I did this my application was turned away as I had to get correct angles on the photos required with the family at home in four different places (as proof that we live at the address). In short onerous nit-picking procedures.

If the immigration office was a more streamlined procedure it would make more sense in terms of time and money. I have no time for visa runs to the border as I am working. Unfortunately it seems that it is more efficient in my case to simply go and get a new O visa back in Australia. The process at the Brisbane Consulate took me 10 minutes total last time, and the time before I sent all the docs and application form via express post, again a few minutes to organize and then they sent me back my passport. If Perth is organized as it used to be I'd easily go for that option unless there is an alternative someone knows about.

Probably best to contact Thai Embassy in Canberra.

The Brisbane Hon. Consulate was closed earlier this year. Don't know if anyone has since been appointed.

Last I heard, the Hon. Consul in Adelaide was still living here in Thailand and doing a regular GIG on Thai Television.

An old mate of mine was the Hon Consulate in Perth for many years. He was closed down a few years ago and tells me they are "thinking" about a replacement, so save yourself a lot of aggravation and contact the Thai Embassy in the ACT.

Probably best to contact Thai Embassy in Canberra.

The Brisbane Hon. Consulate was closed earlier this year. Don't know if anyone has since been appointed.

Last I heard, the Hon. Consul in Adelaide was still living here in Thailand and doing a regular GIG on Thai Television.

An old mate of mine was the Hon Consulate in Perth for many years. He was closed down a few years ago and tells me they are "thinking" about a replacement, so save yourself a lot of aggravation and contact the Thai Embassy in the ACT.

Do try to post updated information

http://www.thaiconsulateperth.com/

• Like 1

Thanks to those who provided various pieces of information. I contacted the Thai Consulate in Perth <[email protected]> asking about the non-immigrant O visa application for supporting a child in Thailand. I received the following response from them within 2 days:

The length of the Non Immigrant O visa we are able to issue to you will depend on the duration of your child's visa.
You can download a visa application form from our website below.
As well as the normal requirements listed at the top of our application form, we require the following documentation:
Your child's birth certificate
A letter from your child supporting your application
A copy of the ID page of your child's passport
A copy of your child's visa
A letter from your child's school confirming his enrolment
Copy of the ID of the author of the letter from the school
If your child is Thai, we require a copy of his Thai ID card and house registration in addition to the information above.

• 3 weeks later...

Good posts on the subject. I will be flying to Oz later in the year and will need a marriage visa. I used to do it in Brisbane but they are closed there now.

Is it possible to do visa application by mail ? I could fly to Brisbane to do business there and post an application form filled out along with necessary paperwork to the Thai Embassy in Canberra..

How long do you think that would take ? To do it by mail.

Good posts on the subject. I will be flying to Oz later in the year and will need a marriage visa. I used to do it in Brisbane but they are closed there now.

Is it possible to do visa application by mail ? I could fly to Brisbane to do business there and post an application form filled out along with necessary paperwork to the Thai Embassy in Canberra..

The Brisbane Consulate is now closed so you'll need to send your application to Perth, Canberra or Sydney. I think they should do it by mail but you should email them to check. If they are quick and you send your docs via Express Post Platinum with another Platinum envelope self-addressed for them to return to you, it might take a week or so to turn it around.

I've had excellent service from the Consulate in Hobart.

Twelve hour processing time plus postage.

http://www.thaiconsulatehobart.com/

I've had excellent service from the Consulate in Hobart.

Twelve hour processing time plus postage.

http://www.thaiconsulatehobart.com/

Thanks for the information. It is good to know that yet another Thai Consulate in Australia can help issue this kind of visa. I gave up trying to extend my visa from within Thailand. Although it's cheap to extend (1,900THB), document requirements are constantly changing, information varies between immigration officers, and I found myself losing entire days of work going back and forth with the local immigration office. And I had to take my wife along to the immigration office and she doesn't have time for this. Never again, I'll just buy a new visa in Australia when the old one expires. Simple and reliable beats cheap in this situation!

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone has ever mailed their passport to say AU and a friend mail application to AU embassy then of course mail it to Thailand. Not suggesting, just curious

That would not be legal and it has been discussed many times on this forum.