Immigration procedures toughened following Ratchaprasong bombing

webfact

"The minister also urged members of the public to be on the alert and to report to the police if they came across any suspicious foreigners.

In the aftermath of the deadly bombing at Ratchaprasong which killed 22 people and injured over 100 others, the minister said that all parties concerned must work hard to restore foreign tourists confidence in Thailand."

Yeah.......those two paragraphs would appear contradictory.

Here we go again

Open the doors and revert back to the nasty immigration game and make forieghners feel unwelcome in Thailand

It is one mistake after another and it never ends here..... I give you the mail now immigration and tuff measures has nothing to do with this Thai promoted bomb attack. You will only furthermore hurt the TOURIST dollar, The BAHT and yourselves with your power games which seems to entertain the nasty immigartion officers

God Bless You All

Guess that means us 80 year old , dangerous, ex pats will have 2 or 3 new requirments every

time we have to go to the NEW/IMPROVED Immigration who can't catch the real bad guys at the

borders if they had terrorist stamped on their heads and carrying AK- 47's !

At the same time,

They created the rules of Visa for those who have the resources to buy bombs...

400 000 or 800 000 / bombs / year

Really good ideas?

so you say the law that requires 400,000 or 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account to obtain a visa is wrong because of the bombing ? Looking for scapegoats are we? Edited by kingalfred

Criminals having living been living here. For decades! One must ask the government, why?

Indeed, bad people have lived here for years. Wonder how many bad people live in your country, let alone criminals? America is almost over run with them, all with the gise of 'American open arms'. It is a troubling problem that has been brewing, here and their, for years.

At the same time,

They created the rules of Visa for those who have the resources to buy bombs...

400 000 or 800 000 / bombs / year

Really good ideas?

so you say the law that requires 400,000 or 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account to obtain a visa is wrong because of the bombing ? Looking for scapegoats are we?

I don't think he look for scapegoats but ask what is actually proven with setting money in a Thai bank unless the source is a verified institution from abroad!

Non criminals have money, criminals have money smile.png

How about just following up when there are media reports of rampant human smuggling and issuance of thousands of fake passports?

9 April 2015: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants were given more than 100,000 fake Turkish passports in order to travel to Turkey and then enter Syria to join ISIL, a daily reported on Thursday. According to a story in the Meydan daily, A.G., an aide of Nurali T., a Uyghur Turk working for ISIL to provide militants with passports worldwide, Nurali T.’s office in İstanbul’s Zeytinburnu district functions as an ISIL passport office. Each passport was sold for $200, A.G. told Meydan.
More than 50,000 Uyghur Turks came to Turkey with these fake passports from China via Thailand and Malaysia and entered Syria after staying a day in İstanbul, Meydan reported. A.G. claimed that most of the Uyghurs with fake passports were caught by police in Turkish airports but they were released in Turkey after their passports were seized. “The Uyghurs’ release in Turkey is due to a secret [little-known] Turkish law on Uyghur Turks. More than 50,000 Uyghurs joined ISIL through this method,” A.G. added.
A.G. further said that Nurali T. organizes recruits from around the world from his İstanbul office. Militants who entered Turkey with these fake passports are hosted either in hotels or guesthouses for a day before they join ISIL in Syria, A.G. said. http://www.gagrule.net/report-more-than-100000-fake-turkish-passports-given-to-isil/

This smells more uyghur, uyghur, everyday, my moneys on them, the people smuggling and maybe the grey wolves involved with uyghurs over the deportation.

It's time for the finger print scanners at all entry points. They need to bring technology to the party if they expect to see improvements. More questions to dark skinned people will not help.

Why suggesting more questions to dark skin people? Are dark skin people at the center of the bomb blast? The person suggesting that more questions should be asked to dark skin people should be a good racist according to my thinking. No dark skin person has so far been associated to the bomb blast, why then think more questions should be asked to them? We need to grow above our racist inclinations.

The minister also urged members of the public to be on the alert and to report to the police if they came across any suspicious foreigners.

I think foreigners should be on the alert and report any suspicious looking Thais.

Why only suspicious foreigners?

So I take it you are getting the picture? The secret is to find peace in your heart, I have. Find joy and I have, to live life, I have. But to worry, is not in my vocabulary anymore. How about this one, live life the best that you can, that is my goal...... Think about these things.... Because if one does not, what is there to gain,,,,, thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I posted this elsewhere in TV, but worth repeating.

"Looks like all of us on legitimate, retirement, marriage, work visa / extensions can look forward to some happy days ahead - Oh well! just be prepared for more paper-work, checking, questions etc."

It's past time they enforced the immigration laws.

Those who are legitimate and follow the regulations have nothing to worry about.

For those who lie and cheat....

It is time to take out the trash.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.whistling.gif

Those who are legitimate and follow the regulations have nothing to worry about.

Mister, be very careful what you wish for. One stroke of a pen and it is you out on your arse too. All you are is a case number...

Mister, be very careful what you wish for. One stroke of a pen and it is you out on your arse too. All you are is a case number...

What's your number, Baboon ?

baboon,

If things ever get that bad in Thailand for expats who follow the rules,

there are other countries I would enjoy living in besides Thailand.

My eggs are not all in one Thai basket.

I would walk before they made me run!

Edited by willyumiii

What's your number, Baboon ?

Isn't it obvious? 666?