Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

I am not one to defend the Thai police on consistency matters, but in this case they have always maintained the guy arrested on saturday was 'just' linked to the bombing and that he was not the yellow shirted bomber himself.

No, not always. For a few hours they were saying he was the bomber; even Reuters reported then as saying he "matched the description of a man who left a bag at the site of a Bangkok blast that killed 20 people nearly two weeks ago."

This new guy was carrying a Chinese passport - lends weight to the Uighur theory...

attachicon.gifCNzemFJVAAAHr0J.jpg

Different shape head,different eyebrows different nose------- but looks the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Constantly being named as 'The Main Suspect' even by Prayuth.

Sorry all you enthusiastic guys, looks nowt like him.

What makes me so sceptical here is the the police have been forced under massive pressure to arrest someone, anyone for this and also to make sure it is not a Thai person either seeing as usual we had the imortal words "Itr couldn't possibly be a Thai".....

It is about that time where the investigation goes completely cold and hits a dead end that miraculously arrests get made.

Too risky for the tourism industry to allow this to go unsolved as usual.

It is going to take a whole lot more credibly 'smoking gun' evidence to convince me. I doubt the real perps are still in Thailand.

Based on what did you conclude " the investigation goes completely cold"?

Are we on the same planet? There have been new developments every day!

I think he meant to write 'About the time the investigation went completely cold...'

As in the RTP came out the day before the suspect was arrested to say they were 'no closer to solving Erawan case' before miraculously finding said suspect sitting in an apartment full of bomb making equipment...

Edited by jamesbrock

When the "technician" was arrested on Saturday there were reports that a second man, which was taller as the one arrested, was a frequent visitor of that room.

I assume the one arrested today is that person.

In another thread I said that I suspected that the one arrested on Saturday to be Chinese. With this suspect holding a Chinese passport that suspicion may have become a fact.

Constantly being named as 'The Main Suspect' even by Prayuth.

Sorry all you enthusiastic guys, looks nowt like him.

What makes me so sceptical here is the the police have been forced under massive pressure to arrest someone, anyone for this and also to make sure it is not a Thai person either seeing as usual we had the imortal words "Itr couldn't possibly be a Thai".....

It is about that time where the investigation goes completely cold and hits a dead end that miraculously arrests get made.

Too risky for the tourism industry to allow this to go unsolved as usual.

It is going to take a whole lot more credibly 'smoking gun' evidence to convince me. I doubt the real perps are still in Thailand.

Based on what did you conclude " the investigation goes completely cold"?

Are we on the same planet? There have been new developments every day!

I think he meant to write 'About the time the investigation went completely cold...'

As in the RTP came out the day before the suspect was arrested to say they were 'no closer to solving Erawan case' before miraculously finding said suspect sitting in an apartment full of bomb making equipment...

I think the military is running the show, from your link:

"In a related development, Army chief General Udomdej Sitabutr said yesterday that investigation into both explosions had seen much progress, though he added that the authorities had to be careful about coming up with a conclusion.

"We have to sympathise with the authorities. Information needs to be dealt with carefully or there could be damage to the country," said Udomdej, who is also deputy defence minister.

Great !!

I really hope it is him and this is not just your typical Thai red herring.

No more navel gazing, lets just let the grey ghosts get on with their job. No more belly aching from farang Sherlocks, who mostly don't even live here, and whose opinion changes nothing.

Information needs to be dealt with carefully ?

Why break the habit of a lifetime ?

Possibly a warning to the RTP that they need to be careful about coming up with a conclusion that may damage the country, even if that's where all the available evidence is pointing to.

Time for enhanced interrogation to proceed. I for one won't be worried about human rights.

I'd like the powers that be to consider a scenario involving a heavy rubber mallet a warm scrotum and a cold steel table.

Its time for answers.

And if they have arrested the wrong person, as they often do...

How will you feel about your over sized scrotum comment then????

Glad you are not "the man in charge".

So are they still sticking with the silly, it wasn't terrorism, it was actually a personal grudge line?

It's looking like a personal grudge against the Thai government and their policies. But they will spin it as they please, as long as the tourists still coming, it's not a bit issue.

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy...

attachicon.gifCNzdNPjVAAA9X_F.jpg

not at all. the picture is taken from the front and the yellow t-shirt man picture is from above him, this makes a difference for the human eye to recognize the size (sorry - photographer speaking)

Having read all the fanciful and the not so fanciful theories from every private eye in this thread I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe he is a just a Chinese tourist with a legitimate passport on his way to Pattaya to go to the Floating Market and check out Soi 8. Not every Chinese tourist has to come to Thailand in group led by a flag waving leader. So what has he got in his bag apart from his undies and a spare shirt. Does he have a yellow shirt with writing on it. He doesn't even look like the man it is supposed to be and the whole process looks too relaxed. The authorities have produced nothing in the way of evidence that he is the bomber. All they say is that they have "got him" and that "he is the man". Where have we heard that before.

Bangkok bomb: Second foreign suspect arrested

BANGKOK: -- A second foreign suspect has been arrested in connection with the deadly bombing at a Bangkok shrine in August, the Thai prime minister has revealed.

The male suspect was arrested in Sa Kaeo province, east of Bangkok on the border with Cambodia, Prayuth Chan-ocha told reporters.

"He is a main suspect and a foreigner," he was quoted as saying.

A foreign man was arrested in Bangkok last week over the blast at Erawan Shrine which killed 20 people.

Full story http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34114100

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2015-09-01

"confident that he is the key suspect"

I heard this already in connection with those Koh Tao murderers. So what ?

No pointing yet though! When they start pointing, that'll be the guy! Hope so anyway!

Also notice there doesn't seem to be any rush to wrap him in a bullet-proof vest as yet.........................rolleyes.gif

And he has not been issued with a crash helmet or told where to point yet !