Where can I take a Thai girl out on a first date to a couple bars?

fitnesspm

I've been in Bangkok for about a week now.

I want to take a Thai girl out to get drinks and something to eat. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money but I don't want to seem cheap at the same time.

After we get something to eat and drink, i want to take her to a number of bars and maybe a club?

Any suggestions?

Edited by fitnesspm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just sit down at one of the many VW van bars along sikhumvit….you did say you don't want to spend

otherwise pick a nice place….some like twaandaeng brewery for its band and isaan vibe….or go to a nice pricey place like kudeta or fallabella

Edited by JHolmesJr

It's a first date so i want something a little cheap but nice (don't want to look like a cheapskate)!

I want to take her to a couple bars and clubs that are close together just like Bangla Road in Patong but not at sleazy.

Edited by fitnesspm

It's a first date so i want something a little cheap but nice (don't want to look like a cheapskate)!

I want to take her to a couple bars and clubs that are close together just like Bangla Road in Patong but not at sleazy.

Looks like you already know where to go!

Did you just post this thread to let every one know you have a date?

I went to a nice place by Thewet Pier (about 5min from Khao San Road), has a view of the Chao Praya River, seemed popular with the locals. The usual Thai food (specialized in seafood) and beer, some live music (not sure if they always have live music though as this was on a saturday evening).

Place is called "In love" - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3677400-Reviews-In_Love_Bar_Restaurant-Bangkok.html

Of course, the name of the restuarant might be a bit too much for a first date? haha

Tip: go to the second floor (rooftop) :)

Good luck!

Maybe you could ask her where she'd like to go.

experience has taught me that while you think you are showing the girl the time of her life she may feel uncomfortable in strange surroundings.

That is such a cliche, with the guy all puffed up and proud of himself and the girl fidgeting and regretting that she didn’t have a huge helping of somtam and sticky rice before they went out. If she is going out with a newbie and would feel comfortable in bars and clubs then you are correct that he should just ask her. Pretty much guarantee she knows where to go and may even know the waiters.wink.png

Edited by villagefarang

just sit down at one of the many VW van bars along sikhumvit….you did say you don't want to spend

otherwise pick a nice place….some like twaandaeng brewery for its band and isaan vibe….or go to a nice pricey place like kudeta or fallabella

take her to the nearest hotel, and try before you buy! works every time especially in Bangkok!

Do you stay around Sukhumvit ?

I think a normal Thai "good" girl would be scared to be around soi 3-4 etc

There is a large Thai Beer garden I think down Rama 2 that is very popular with Thais

Or you could go to the local 7-11 , buy a couple beers and some chips and sit on the steps and watch the world go by !

Looks like you already know where to go!

Did you just post this thread to let every one know you have a date?

"Did you just post this thread to let every one know you have a date?"

It does seem like the simplest thing to do would be to ask her what she would like to do. Maybe being dragged through a series of bars and clubs isn't going to impress her as much as he imagines, especially on a first date. Maybe he feels things will go better if they both end up anesthetized. The "more she drinks the better I'll look" approach.

Edited by Suradit69

my goodness is this a serious question ?

The question seems serious, but the answers are both hilarious and pathetic at the same time in true TV style!

If she's a nice girl and you want to impress her, don't take her anywhere near Nana, Cowboy, or Patpong at first of course... wait until you get to know her.

I'd recommend taking her down to the dog-leg at Sukh Soi 11 for a meal and drinks, there are a couple of good places there:

Firehouse has great burgers (big enough you might be able to split one and both of you have a full meal!)

Apoteka has great Jazz & Blues

Q Bar is a pretty cool night club right across the street, they try to keep the freelancers out with a cover charge, it works to a point, but...

There are a few other pubs in the immediate area

Too bad Oskar is jam packed full of hungry but trying to look classy aging freeelancers, creepy guys looking to hook up, and lots of eurotrash, but they have good drinks and food

Levels nightclub is a higher-end hoe fest full of prowling freelancers and is quite packed on weekend nights

Climax is a super low-end hoe fest, but can be fun if you like messy

Bed Supperclub is now a parking lot, too bad LOL

Checkin 99 is cheap and kinda cool if you're over 60 and want to feel like you've time-warped back to your teenage years. Bring your heart pills in case you or anyone has an aneurysm from all the spandex-clad filipinas on stage singing Abba and Grease tunes

Thong Lo has some great places, but many are more upmarket and expensive, but I'd recommend

Fat Gutz at TL 12, best Fish & Chips I've had here and sometimes good jazzy/bluesy music

Muse is really nice for a dinner/drinks date, by memory the prices aren't too bad and the Thai Indie music is mellow

There's also lot's of pubs/nightclubs in RCA

There's lot's of great bars and restaurants around the city, the trick is finding ones you're both comfortable in. After the first date or so you can suss out what she likes and go from there.

Oskar in sukhumvit 11.

Reasonably priced drinks

and very nice food too.

I agree. Nice bar and good food at reasonable prices. Although cheap by western standards, not that cheap by Thai standards. Lots of other bars on Soi 11 too, if Oskar isn't for you.

For a nice view and decent prices for an upscale place (decent food too), try the Long Table on Soi 16.

http://www.longtablebangkok.com/

It really depends on who SHE is and what her background might be. Too HiSo can turn her off or maker her uncomfortable as well as could going too downscale. Stick with Thai food or Korean BBQ for the first time if you don't know her preferences. The Terminal 21 idea above is a good one -- MidSobiggrin.png and some decent food mid market choices. A movie is also a good first date. As for the bars and clubs, I defer to the rest of the team here...

In my day you went to bars and clubs to hunt, not when you were on a date. If she is going on a date without a chaperone and with a guy who has just arrived and doesn’t speak Thai, then chances are she is a professional so I guess it really doesn’t matter where you go.