Where can I take a Thai girl out on a first date to a couple bars?

fitnesspm

It's a first date so i want something a little cheap but nice (don't want to look like a cheapskate)!

I want to take her to a couple bars and clubs that are close together just like Bangla Road in Patong but not at sleazy.

Don,t waste your time with Bars and clubbing...... do something that will really impress her .......... take her on a tour of several ATMs..!!!! Good thing you are not a "cheepskate" LOL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Find something on Groupon, a 1,000 baht meal is only 500 baht that way + drinks. Great way to look like you're willing to spend when you're not. When you're ready to pay, just get up, have her stay in her seat and use the app on your phone to get the discount. It'll look as if you were looking for directions or something on your phone.

In fact, there are plenty of rooftop restaurants that offer great deals on Groupon. just be sure not to order many drinks there as they're pricey, eat there, then go to a lower cost bar to finish the evening for drinks.

Edited by JeffreyO

You are the one new here - ask her where she enjoys going for a night out - - too often I see people try and impress a girl with a steak dinner when the girl does not eat beef and prefers a bowl of noodle soup on the corner… try and not ask by making a suggestion - "Do you like steak?" might be met with "Yes" as a polite answer when the real answer is "No" - so, phrasing is important.

If an average Thai girl, she might be more impressed with a good inexpensive meal than a bad expensive one. She might be more impressed by your thriftiness. If it is a first date and she is a good girl, you might really impress her by offering to bring one of her friends along. If she is from a bar, not to worry.

Leave it to her to show you around.

It's a first date so i want something a little cheap but nice (don't want to look like a cheapskate)!

I want to take her to a couple bars and clubs that are close together just like Bangla Road in Patong but not at sleazy.

You don't want to look like a cheapskate,,,But you are,,,Ask the lady if she knows any decent bars /clubs and discuss it she may surprise you.

It would help if we had a clue about your ages.

<deleted> Bar on Sukhumvit 51 is a cool hangout populated by Thais and Farangs in their 20's-30's

My favourite cocktail bar is Joseph Boroski in Thonglor (on the link below look for Club BOSS and go down that side soi...) The bar is on the right side, but is unmarked so you may need to wait for the door to open.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@13.7298223,100.5811997,3a,75y,339.32h,89.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGYAchJO0GbAbDtHp36i3Zg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Above 11 (sky bar) on Sukhumvit Soi 11 is a nice spot to have a few drinks and even some of their Peruvian Japanese Fusion food.

Maggie Choo's at the Novotel in Silom is wonderful - I would end my night there.

take her to soi 11.

Drinks at Zacs on the patio, Rosabien for thai if you are interested, or limoncello for pzza. Drinks at Oskars also good, plenty of places. as for clubs, Levels if you have lousy taste in music, some decent house at district depending on whos playing, wednesday nights at marshmallow has Dennis Frost, decent house vibe and he plays on the patio outside.

It really depends on who SHE is and what her background might be. Too HiSo can turn her off or maker her uncomfortable as well as could going too downscale. Stick with Thai food or Korean BBQ for the first time if you don't know her preferences. The Terminal 21 idea above is a good one -- MidSobiggrin.png and some decent food mid market choices. A movie is also a good first date. As for the bars and clubs, I defer to the rest of the team here...

I think this above is a good answer and good advice. It does depend of what kind of girl the OP is talking about, and he hasn't said.

If she's a night-scene girl, that's one thing. If she's a normal, office job Thai girl who earns 15K a month and isn't used to being around foreigners, then it's something entirely different.

I would defer the bars and clubs idea, until/unless the OP provides some answer that's she's really into that kind of night scene. A lot of regular Thai women aren't.

For a nice first date setting for a normal Thai woman, there's the very pleasant Rosabieng Thai seafood restaurant midway down Suk Soi 11. Nice atmosphere, indoor air con or outdoor patio, sometimes night live music, great and broad menu, reasonable prices. And lots of other places around the neighborhood if you/she want to continue things after dinner/drinks there. Also quiet enough to have a good conversation together.

Re one of the posts above, yes, Limoncello is nearby for decent pizza, but it's lacking in ambiance/atmosphere vs Rosabieng. It's basically just an indoor restaurant, and not much more. For a first date, Rosabieng would be better, and has the advantage of being a wide selection of Thai food -- something you know she's going to like.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Are you trying to find someone compatible ? If so, take her where you like to go, that way you will see her in the surroundings you enjoy.

If she is comfortable with this you are on to a winner and you will both have a great time.

If she is uncomfortable with this its likely you are incompatible and you would face difficulties in many places you go to.

Let her choose. Don't do the Frang bar scene for you, go Thai where she is comfortable. I've taken women to nice restaurants and they were 100% out of place with not able to understand what to order. Give her a Papaya salad and she will be happy. Hey, try a nice picnic in the park with KFC it will be fine. But, if she knows how to order off the wine list your in trouble.

The dog leg on soi 11 is the recommendation. However, I like the Thai trio in the lobby of the Landmark hotel for a first date. Nice soft American ballets is played in a beautiful living room setting. You can even have a conversation over the music. Eat outside on the hotel cafe over looking Sukhumvit. Talk about people watching! Not cheap but worth it.

The dog leg on soi 11 is the recommendation. However, I like the Thai trio in the lobby of the Landmark hotel for a first date. Nice soft American ballets is played in a beautiful living room setting. You can even have a conversation over the music. Eat outside on the hotel cafe over looking Sukhumvit. Talk about people watching! Not cheap but worth it.

I'd say Langsuan. Just about posh/pretentious enough to keep a HiSo happy, will also be a good call for keeping a wannabe HiSo happy but isn't 'cheap' though, yet sadly in the world of dating you have to spend.....

I'd avoid Lower Sukhumwit like the plague. As soon as she looks around at some of the demics with their rentagirls could get her thinking ''is this how he sees me??? and your first date cold well be your last.....

Edited by MrBrilliant

Tawandang Brew House Co.,
Address: 462/61 Rama 3 Rd, Chong Nonsi, Yan Nawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Phone:+66 2 678 1114
Hours:
Open today · 5:00 pm – 1:00 am
Take her there after 7:00 PM, have some beers and a lot of food. It will cost you probably 1000 Baht for both of you. The show will make her laugh....

Full of Thai and foreigners enjoying themselves.

She doesn't want to go to bars and clubs. So just go where you want to go. Or, take her somewhere that a Thai girl really wants to go. MBK springs to mind.

What do you think if he takes her to Asiatique? Could get the free transport at Taksin Pier. Has the Ferriswheel, restaurants, bars with music. Of course it all depends on the girl.

Looks like you already know where to go!

Did you just post this thread to let every one know you have a date?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif