Dont underestimate the Geckos in Thailand...

weegee

Amusing thing I seen today...

A Gecko was in the drain under the wipers of the car, and as i drove off down the road, he jumped up on the middle of the bonnet....

Now, being a fun person (lol) I wanted to see how long he would be there and keep adding speed. at 30klms he stood there looking into the wind...at 50klms he hadnt moved but had crouched a bit.

At 80 klms we noticed his colour seemed to change to a creamy white.....BUT the little bugger was still in the same spot. So I slowed down and let him be....

Unbelievable how much suction those little feet must have hey?

No I am not bored....and it's not JD time either.

I love the common gecko, I live near a chicken farm and they love to chow down on all the flies is the daytime and mosquitoes at dusk. I even like the tokay gecko. But my wife has 2 cats and 4 other hangers on. They love to chow down on gecko. I have seen the cats performing amazing feats of athletics to catch a gecko. But my wife assures me that the gecko breed up big time in the eaves. There still seems to be many around. I should mention that I loathe cats. They know this and constantly jump up into my lap, just to show that cats own humans and not the other way around.

And if you scare them , some panic and let go ....fall from a 3 meter high wall ...and just carry on like it didn't happen.

They dont fall but jump. Had one jump from the wall onto my shoulder while i was sitting and playing on my computer. Was told that the Thais consider it lucky if you have one jump on you

Sometimes when I have to cut a 20 mm irrigation hose, to replace a split bit, I leave it for a few minutes to get some more tools. Inevitably, a gecko or two will have crawled into the tubing. Then I have to spend the next half hour pulling pieces of gecko out of the irrigation holes when I turn on the system. Pull a leg out of the first hole to clear it, the rest of the gecko then travels down the pipe to block the next hole under pressure...and so it goes until the end of the irrigation line.

Actually, you have to be a little careful to avoid placing food under a ceiling where geckos gather. Reptiles carry Salmonella bacteria that they regularly excrete in there poo. If the poo drops into your food, you can get Salmonella poisoning.

I wonder whether the original poster pulled wings of flies as a kid - or still does.

Nah...but I did have fun putting a cigarette in a frog mouth. They start breathing in until they burst...biggrin.png

But now i have mended my ways....sorta. wink.png

Wonderful creatures, they have a ravenous

Appetite for mosquitos!!! Flies too.

And your finger if you put it to close. Went into the kitchen one night and a big one was on the mesh window cover. I got the wife's brother to get the sweeping brush, with a long pole on it and he pinned it to the mesh, I got my thick garden gloves and fitted 2 on my hand and grabbed it around the neck and lifted it off, his bloody mouth was open hissing and the teeth where quite big, took it out and through it in a field opposit. Had another one under the clutch got that putting a pillow over it's body but the teeth with it's mouth open made you very careful.

Isnt it amazing...something about Thailand posted, thats not bashing anything or anybody...and there is no interest...cheesy.gif

There just gave you a like are you happy? Yes I love the little buggers they are amazing the way they grip onto things and regrow their tail. They frequent my condo unit and I am always afraid the chemicals in the water my g/f uses to mop the floor will kill them. Hard to not love these little buggers. Nothing there to bash. Well back to bashing other things.

i had near same in oz once

hit a cow legs spread across bonnet head through windscreen

only way could shake off was when i rolled the car 3times down a bank

No way to talk about the ex Wife, Thats what brought you here I suspectlaugh.png

Isnt it amazing...something about Thailand posted, thats not bashing anything or anybody...and there is no interest...cheesy.gif

There just gave you a like are you happy? Yes I love the little buggers they are amazing the way they grip onto things and regrow their tail. They frequent my condo unit and I am always afraid the chemicals in the water my g/f uses to mop the floor will kill them. Hard to not love these little buggers. Nothing there to bash. Well back to bashing other things.

You go tellum elgordo....biggrin.png

I love the common gecko, I live near a chicken farm and they love to chow down on all the flies is the daytime and mosquitoes at dusk. I even like the tokay gecko. But my wife has 2 cats and 4 other hangers on. They love to chow down on gecko. I have seen the cats performing amazing feats of athletics to catch a gecko. But my wife assures me that the gecko breed up big time in the eaves. There still seems to be many around. I should mention that I loathe cats. They know this and constantly jump up into my lap, just to show that cats own humans and not the other way around.

First time I heard this when getting a wonderful massage in Chiang Mai.... I didn't have a clue as to what it was...

When I asked... "What's making that noise? " she said something like "Toe toe"

This is what it was...

Wonderful creatures, they have a ravenous

Appetite for mosquitos!!! Flies too.

I love jin jokes!

When I lived in the US I bought a few, at a pet store, and let them go inside my house ( $3.50 usd each!) just to remind me of Thailand.

Now I live with hundreds of the little guys....

When we find eggs cleaning up around the house, my 7 year old collects them and tends to the eggs until they hatch..she loves them.

If they just would not poop so damn much!

post-147745-0-18303000-1441290325_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii