Voltage Converter in Thailand

sp27

In Chiang Mai there's a chain of electrical stores called Amorn and they carry what you need, here's their web site, maybe a start for what you're looking for:

http://www.amorngroup.com/en/branch.php

A second option for you, supplied by Capt. Rob, is this BKK based electrical supply company:

http://th.rs-online.com/web/p/enclosure-thermostats/4682870/

A third option, based in Singapore but online, is:

http://sg.rs-online.com/web/c/power-supplies-transformers/

Edited by chiang mai

Sp27,

I also needed a big converter for my tablesaw which came from the US.We brought in the motor to get it rewired to 220volt but no can do we were told.

Finally i looked at the motor myself because it did say dual voltage 110/230,changed the wiring according to schedule and it works fine.

Just saying ,could the same be possible in your case?Now i have a big old converted sitting here(build in 1975) and i did not need to spend that money.

A wise man can learn from another mans mistake!

I had a converter that I bought in the US last time I was there but yesterday it just stopped working after a year or so of use. I use it for a Vitamix blender and Kcup coffee brewer. I don't know anything about electrical to be wiring stuff on my own...

I had a converter that I bought in the US last time I was there but yesterday it just stopped working after a year or so of use. I use it for a Vitamix blender and Kcup coffee brewer. I don't know anything about electrical to be wiring stuff on my own...

Does it have a fuse or cut-out?

Check them first.

Well today I got home and tried using my transformer and it works fine. No idea how or why, or if it's going to keep working since I didn't

do anything to it. As I mentioned I don't know anything about electrical but I'm guessing some sort of bad connection??

Sp27,

I also needed a big converter for my tablesaw which came from the US.We brought in the motor to get it rewired to 220volt but no can do we were told.

Finally i looked at the motor myself because it did say dual voltage 110/230,changed the wiring according to schedule and it works fine.

Just saying ,could the same be possible in your case?Now i have a big old converted sitting here(build in 1975) and i did not need to spend that money.

A wise man can learn from another mans mistake!

I too brought a large table saw from the USA. The directions said that it could be very simply converted from 120 V to 220 V it works just fine .

I think it was made by the Grizzly company, Chinese

Well today I got home and tried using my transformer and it works fine. No idea how or why, or if it's going to keep working since I didn't

do anything to it. As I mentioned I don't know anything about electrical but I'm guessing some sort of bad connection??

Had you been using it for a while when it stopped? Many of these units have thermal cut-out to stop them overheating.