Thai university offers public apology for indecent images shown on social media

webfact

University offers public apology for indecent images shown on social media

23-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University has issued a public apology for alleged indecent act involving its students which was posted in the social media and attracted widespread criticism.

The university also promised to set up a fact-finding committee to take disciplinary action against at least six students who were involved in the alleged indecent act and their advisory lecturer.

The one-minute VDO clip has so far attracted about two million clicks.The clip which shows a male student and a transgender student in a love-making act although with their clothes on was part of the hazing ritual.

Associate Professor Ruechai Kerdvichai, rector of the university, admitted that the images which were posted in the social media were too much and very imapproriate.

He said that he had banned such an activity and ordered a probe of the incident. The students involved in the alleged act would face at least 20 percent of their scores.

Meanwhile, Assistant Professor Paiboon Jaempong, vice rector in charge of students affairs of the university, said that all senior students and lecturers had been warned before to keep their hazing activities within proper limits with respect for the right of the freshmen, without violence and without alcohol.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/university-offers-public-apology-for-indecent-images-shown-on-social-media

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-03

Hazing is a stupid custom, devised by bullies to humiliate and to give vicarious or real pleasure, often sadistic, sometimes, as in this case, sexual.

It should be banned from all universities worldwide.

I agree, and the resulting punishment for disobeying the law, ritualized public humiliation and shaming.

Its got a little poetry to it I like to think.

Hazing is a stupid custom, devised by bullies to humiliate and to give vicarious or real pleasure, often sadistic, sometimes, as in this case, sexual.

Did you watch the video? Everyone of the 50 or so college students were smiling laughing and having fun. No sad faces or anyone forced to do anything. For the most part the girls were on top.biggrin.png Looked like a mild version of that old movie, "Dirty Dancing."

Edited by lostoday

Agree, the specific part of all of this that I seriously question is the perceived 'right' or 'entitlement' that senior students should be respected or feited etc., and are entitled to punish junior students, treat them as second class, etc.

Why? How is any of that justified in any way?

Did you watch the video? Everyone of the 50 or so college students were smiling laughing and having fun. No sad faces or anyone forced to do anything. For the most part the girls were on top.biggrin.png Looked like a mild version of that old movie, "Dirty Dancing."

The "girls" weren't "girls" (apparently).

Agree, the specific part of all of this that I seriously question is the perceived 'right' or 'entitlement' that senior students should be respected or feited etc., and are entitled to punish junior students, treat them as second class, etc.

Why? How is any of that justified in any way?

Watch the video no one was being hazed. It was kids having fun.

What would you think if you spotted your teenage daughter forced to put her lips on the flies of a teen boys pants and perform fake oral ex on the boy for 10 minutes.

Would you just laugh?

Exact thing happened last year at one uni.

What would you think if you spotted your teenage daughter forced to put her lips on the flies of a teen boys pants and perform fake oral ex on the boy for 10 minutes.

Would you just laugh?

Watch the video it was fun and I would not have minded a child of mine there. You are trying to bring in another indecent incident that was not in the above video.

Edited by lostoday

Would you just laugh?

Watch the video it was fun and I would not have minded a child of mine there. You are trying to bring in another indecent incident that was not in the above video.

I did watch it. I would have been disgusted if my children were involved as a seniors, and outraged if they were involved as freshies.

They were told what to do. Someone, some seniors and at least one lecturer, were getting stiffies watching it.

What was happening was not so bad had it been adults doing it with free will....but hazing carries an implied threat that if you don't do it, you will not be accepted.

So, you wouldn't mind if your daughter was told to pretend to have sex with those guys, while I watch and get my jollies?

Would you just laugh?

If none of the students has complained, no harm no foul. Doesn't mean everyone was happy, but, doesn't appear anyone was being forced to do anything they didn't want to.

Would you just laugh?

I did watch it. I would have been disgusted if my children were involved as a seniors, and outraged if they were involved as freshies.

They were told what to do. Someone, some seniors and at least one lecturer, were getting stiffies watching it.

What was happening was not so bad had it been adults doing it with free will....but hazing carries an implied threat that if you don't do it, you will not be accepted.

So, you wouldn't mind if your daughter was told to pretend to have sex with those guys, while I watch and get my jollies?

I guess I didn't watch it as close as you as I saw no erections. Makes most parties I went to in college seem rather tame. Ever been to a toga party? High Above a Pi Phi's Garter was my favorite song,

So let me get this straight: what bothers Thailand (again) is the "indecent act"...which in this case means two people dry- humping each other.

What doesn't bother them at all, is the antiquated, sometimes dangerous or even deadly and completely stupid hazing- culture...right?!

So let me get this straight: what bothers Thailand (again) is the "indecent act"...which in this case means two people dry- humping each other.

What doesn't bother them at all, is the antiquated, sometimes dangerous or even deadly and completely stupid hazing- culture...right?!

More like 20.

where's the video link?

Try google. I don't know if it is there but if I was looking I'd look for something like erotic and maybe hazing or something like that.wai2.gif

My Google won't search for anything "erotic", I think my wife is an undercover computer geek. biggrin.png