Sin Sot

dgoz

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh "tradition"

My wife's family refused any form of donation - They were happy their daughter found someone who she loved.

Sorry for being a tad rude there, not intended. just my POV.

Well thats fine, you should be greatful to her family, my sinsot if just more of helping to pay for the wedding, not as if her family needs the money.

heh "tradition"

My wife's family refused any form of donation - They were happy their daughter found someone who she loved.

Sorry for being a tad rude there, not intended. just my POV.

Well thats fine, you should be greatful to her family, my sinsot if just more of helping to pay for the wedding, not as if her family needs the money.

It seems that most farangs have difficulty understanding the sin sot.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the girl you marry is poor or rich.

Thais in rich families pay a sin sot also...

For arguments sake, let's say an early 20's virgin (or was before me) from an Isaan farming family with a clerical job.
I would say you should try to keep it in the 50k to 100k range, for that specific case.

If age, job, and virginity status were the same and she came from a 'Hi-So' family, and maybe a grad of a big Thai Uni, then sin sod could easily be triple or more.

If she were older and had had a few boyfriends before you, particularly if she'd been married, then sin sot goes down.

And if in the worse case she already has kids, then I wouldn't pay any sin sot at all -- but then it would be very unlikely for me personally to consider marrying a Thai lady who already has children.

And most guests will make a cash donation on arrival - spend it wisely young padawan.......

No wonder you're in Myanmar Phazey... :o

If age, job, and virginity status were the same and she came from a 'Hi-So' family, and maybe a grad of a big Thai Uni, then sin sod could easily be triple or more.

In that particular case, you'll probably have to add a house to the sin sot... :D

In isaan I have no idea, as my fiancee is in the upper class of bangkok. But my fiancee said they just want to ask me for alittle sinsot.

If i was rich maybe they would ask for more

:o:D:D:D there is one born every day .........

don't pay a sin sot, it's just a scam to get cash out of a gullible farang.

tell them you won't pay and if they don't like it then bye bye.

In isaan I have no idea, as my fiancee is in the upper class of bangkok. But my fiancee said they just want to ask me for alittle sinsot.

If i was rich maybe they would ask for more

:o:D:D:D there is one born every day .........

don't pay a sin sot, it's just a scam to get cash out of a gullible farang.

tell them you won't pay and if they don't like it then bye bye.

Nah, they are paying fro the entire wedding. So I got a great deal, my wedding wont be a little part with the family, its going to have alot of very important people in Thailand attending it and lots of money will be spent on it.

For arguments sake, let's say an early 20's virgin (or was before me) from an Isaan farming family with a clerical job.

For those of you who can't see the deepseated resentment, hatred and racism towards Farang in Thailand I suggest you're either blind, ignorant or you just haven't been here long enough.

The question is whether you can look past all that to the upside, of which there is a considerable one, and enjoy it.

Shouldn't you know already?

I see some farangs seem very arrogant (well whats new).

Its a thai tradition, just because you dont sgree with it doesnt mean its always a scam etc.

I think many of you just need to get you head out of your ass and live in reality :o