Speed Boat: Rules And Driving For Farangs.

Milan

Hi everybody!

I live in Pattaya and would like to buy 5-6 meters speedboat.

Maybe anybody can help me.

Are there any restrictions to bying and driving speedboat for farangs in Thailand?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Milan

Hi everybody!

I live in Pattaya and would like to by 5-6 meters speedboat.

Are there any restrictions to bying and driving speedboat for farangs in Thailand?

Thanks a lot.

Actually I have an international driving licence, which was easy to get, but I think it is different for boats of the same country as you are in. Maybe you must drive under a different countries flag (recommendation: Switzerland, Nepal or Austria :o:D:D )

Milan;

This is a question that has been on my mind for a few years, and I have asked the question myself. As I know there is no answer, I am glad that you have asked the question again.

There is a difference between an "International License" and a local one. The International only allows you for "Open water".

As I said, I am interested in the answers, and If you do get it, I will be happy to pay you for fuel with some beer to take me to Pattaya for day trips :o from about Central Bangkok.

Hi everybody!

I live in Pattaya and would like to by 5-6 meters speedboat.

Thanks a lot.

Actually I have an international driving licence, which was easy to get, but I think it is different for boats of the same country as you are in. Maybe you must drive under a different countries flag (recommendation: Switzerland, Nepal or Austria :o:D:D )

Thanks, but my main questions are:

1. Can I register the speedboat on my own name?

2. Сan I drve this boat in the Open Water of Thailand?

Maybe anybody got any information about it?

Milan;

As I said, I am interested in the answers, and If you do get it, I will be happy to pay you for fuel with some beer to take me to Pattaya for day trips :o from about Central Bangkok.

Why not?

But (just only for the information) I like the red wine better than a beer.

Anyway, welcome aboard!