Chaturon to detail 'gagging tactics'

Lite Beer

This thread has nothing to do with the ex minister or what he has done.?it is about the junta gagging him.

When you start criticizing him for his politics you have lost the agument immediately. His policies are not for this thread.

But I guess the junta supporters are just too dumb to understand that.

Nah, they just think that anyone who opposes the Junta, for ANY reason, is fair game for whatever they can think of to throw at them.

Opinions, opinions, just like some think 'junta huggers' are fair game because 'they' declare them 'junta huggers' and define that as 'negative'.

This thread has nothing to do with the ex minister or what he has done.?it is about the junta gagging him.

When you start criticizing him for his politics you have lost the agument immediately. His policies are not for this thread.

Nah, they just think that anyone who opposes the Junta, for ANY reason, is fair game for whatever they can think of to throw at them.

Opinions, opinions, just like some think 'junta huggers' are fair game because 'they' declare them 'junta huggers' and define that as 'negative'.

You could try commenting on the gagging tactics if you dont want to be perceived as negative.

As I understand it, Chaturon wanted to improve the education of rural Thais. Since the feudal barons didn't want that (they still wanted cheap labour as maids, road sweepers, buiding labourers, petrol pump attendants asnd prostitutes/mia-noys), they set about getting rid of him

Since Thaksin still thought he could make the feudal barons love him because he was Sino-Thai just like him, Chaturon was toast. Thaiksin's always been a bit wimpy, just like now.

As least, that's what the scuttlebutt says. And as they say, the truth doesn't matter, what people think or will believe is the truth is what matters. Just ask that Winthai character.

Absolutely!
The rural elite of which Thaksin is one wanted the rural population to listen to their betters are vote correctly and be grateful for handouts.
Chaturon may be a bit too leftish for some, but he did try. His main fault seem to be his narrowness in vision, too strict in the road to happiness. Maybe that's why he's so opposed to the junta, bird of a feather.

You could try commenting on the gagging tactics if you dont want to be perceived as negative.

I did already

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/853565-chaturon-to-detail-gagging-tactics/#entry9817801

This guy needs to be behind bars. As minister of education he wasted billions in ridiculous schemes. It would not surprise me if charges are eventually filed against him. I am told at his meetings education was rarely discussed and instead their agenda was how to spend the budget. Trips and parties and such. Being that the education ministry has the second largest budget of all perhaps some of you can grasp just how much was wasted away.
You have a difficult job ahead of you to substantiate your smears and lies.Chaturon is accepted even by his political opponents as an honourable and decent man.

You must understand that thesetat2013 has been told it is so. Irrefutable evidence, indeed!

Whereas Jayboy's declarations of his opinion should be accepted at absolute fact, without anything to substantiate them.

I guess "I am told..." is enough to convince you of the validity of an argument. Good for you.

OK so lets say I am wrong and all I said was by word of mouth by his underlings. I guess that is why he got canned so fast from his position there. And why all his schemes got canned to. But then as someone pointed out. This thread was about the gag tactics used by the Junta. Perhaps they have a legitimate reason for their actions that those who love this man don't know about? Maybe he wasn't so squeaky clean in the politics some ranted about in their comments. It seems to me that the Junta know a lot more than they put out publicly. Hidden agendas for everyone.

You have a difficult job ahead of you to substantiate your smears and lies.Chaturon is accepted even by his political opponents as an honourable and decent man.

I take it that you Thaksinites are all happy with the state of Thai education. Don't see any room for improvement? Thai children won all sorts of academic awards under Chaturon and his many Minister of Education cronies did they? You want to talk about gagging him, they shouldn't, they should make him defend his record. Three passports, he isn't privileged, he isn't elite. You all seem to gather around certain topics and congratulate each other, like a mutual admiration society, isn't it.

OK so lets say I am wrong and all I said was by word of mouth by his underlings. I guess that is why he got canned so fast from his position there. And why all his schemes got canned to. But then as someone pointed out. This thread was about the gag tactics used by the Junta. Perhaps they have a legitimate reason for their actions that those who love this man don't know about? Maybe he wasn't so squeaky clean in the politics some ranted about in their comments. It seems to me that the Junta know a lot more than they put out publicly. Hidden agendas for everyone.

You really think that if the junta had a lot of dirt on him they wouldn't use it? Do you mean that you actually believe they have morals??

Now out of any official government position, why did he have 3 passports among them one diplomatic passport and why he did not hand them over himself when deposed? Does all the former Pheua Thai government politicians have a diplomatic passport?

Why does an army general still call himself such when he has retired from the army?

Now out of any official government position, why did he have 3 passports among them one diplomatic passport and why he did not hand them over himself when deposed? Does all the former Pheua Thai government politicians have a diplomatic passport?

Why does an army general still call himself such when he has retired from the army?

Your attempt at diversion failed.

This guy needs to be behind bars. As minister of education he wasted billions in ridiculous schemes. It would not surprise me if charges are eventually filed against him. I am told at his meetings education was rarely discussed and instead their agenda was how to spend the budget. Trips and parties and such. Being that the education ministry has the second largest budget of all perhaps some of you can grasp just how much was wasted away.

I take it that you Thaksinites are all happy with the state of Thai education. Don't see any room for improvement? Thai children won all sorts of academic awards under Chaturon and his many Minister of Education cronies did they? You want to talk about gagging him, they shouldn't, they should make him defend his record. Three passports, he isn't privileged, he isn't elite. You all seem to gather around certain topics and congratulate each other, like a mutual admiration society, isn't it.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any post containing the phrase " you Thaksinites" is written by someone floundering in the complexity of Thai politics.In this instance it is also hard to penetrate the incoherence - why is he ranting about academic awards? Ignore.

As I understand it, Chaturon wanted to improve the education of rural Thais. Since the feudal barons didn't want that (they still wanted cheap labour as maids, road sweepers, buiding labourers, petrol pump attendants asnd prostitutes/mia-noys), they set about getting rid of him

Since Thaksin still thought he could make the feudal barons love him because he was Sino-Thai just like him, Chaturon was toast. Thaiksin's always been a bit wimpy, just like now.

As least, that's what the scuttlebutt says. And as they say, the truth doesn't matter, what people think or will believe is the truth is what matters. Just ask that Winthai character.

"As I understand it, Chaturon wanted to improve the education of rural Thais."

As your colleague jayboy would put it, prove that'

If the Thais are happy with the stae of education and still vote reds that is their call. He shouldnt have to defend himself to anyone but the Thai people. By gagging him the junta are stopping the discourse between him and the people.

Or dont the people matter?

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any post containing the phrase " you Thaksinites" is written by someone floundering in the complexity of Thai politics.In this instance it is also hard to penetrate the incoherence - why is he ranting about academic awards? Ignore.

Now there's a well constructed, focused and really wonderful comment. Ignore.

Ah. you didn't spot the "As I understand it" then. Oh, yes you did becaiuse you quoted it. reset.

Ah. you didn't understand the "As I understand it" then. Would you like me to explain it?

I agree, definitely uncalled for.....like junta huggers, cheerleaders etc. Get my point?

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means.

Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Ah. you didn't spot the "As I understand it" then. Oh, yes you did becaiuse you quoted it. reset.

Ah. you didn't understand the "As I understand it" then. Would you like me to explain it?

Yeah you think you scored a 'gotcha'.

Well 'as I understand it' must have some root, that's what I'm asking him to quote.... simple.

Well 'as I understand it' must have some root, that's what I'm asking him to quote.... simple.

[sigh] No, That really wouldn't have been very important to me. I leave one-upmanship to adolescents.

"Well 'as I understand it' must have some root, that's what I'm asking him to quote.... simple.

Hadn't really thought about it. It was mentioned and explained to me, I considered the explanation reasonable and 'came to understand'. End of really. Here, let me buy you a coffee to show you how unconcerned I am with your problem. Your problem is your problem, not my problem and I don't owe you anything, least of all more time. No offence intended.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

He voted 'Yes' to the amnesty bill therefore he is a dirty crony.

He should be in jail already for abuse of power along with the 309 other dirty cronies.

Ooh. The Shin-haters put in a subtle and persuasive intellectual argument.

Perhaps a leg came off the bar-stool and falling down woke him up?

He's just a wum. Ignore him.

Perhaps as in the west they are permitted to keep the rank and the pension but they must put Rtd after their name as they are no longer on active service.

Why did Thaksin still call himself a Police Lt Col when he retired from the RTP many years ago?

Same same but no different.

He is a man of principal and integrity and Thailand desperately needs more like him

The mere fact that you made that statement has tarnished the character of this otherwise squeaky clean and honorable politician. thumbsup.gif

Diversion? I was pointing out that in Thailand, the perks earned or otherwise attained through police, military, local government or public office don't evaporate when they decide to change jobs. If ex- cops can keep their handles in the 'afterlife', it's logical that ex- MP's are allowed to retain different passports.

Perhaps as in the west they are permitted to keep the rank and the pension but they must put Rtd after their name as they are no longer on active service.

Why did Thaksin still call himself a Police Lt Col when he retired from the RTP many years ago?

Same same but no different.

You made that point in another thread. I have never seen a retired general ever referred to as such in Thailand. After he resigned and before he was PM, Thaksin was still commonly named Lieutenant Colonel and the venerated Privy Council leader is still called General Prem Tinsulanonda. Maybe they get a pension but they don't have to use the face-diminishing 'Rtd' suffix.

Diversion? I was pointing out that in Thailand, the perks earned or otherwise attained through police, military, local government or public office don't evaporate when they decide to change jobs. If ex- cops can keep their handles in the 'afterlife', it's logical that ex- MP's are allowed to retain different passports.

I fail to see the logic, unless the 'retain' includes 'no longer legal to use'. The police officer mentioning his rank and the ex-MP showing off with his passport.