My girlfriend has offered me work permit

Recently my girlfriend offered me to become her business partner and get a work permit. She does not want me to bring any money to partnership. She already has a restaurant and she is has some partner in her second restaurant .

The question is: Is there any possibility that I put myself in any kind of trouble by becoming her partner in business ?

2 things are required to work and live in Thailand a work permit and a visa issued outside Thailand or an of extension of stay issued by local immigration offices within Thailand, after a non immigrant visa has been issued

2 things are required to work and live in Thailand a work permit and a visa issued outside Thailand or an of extension of stay issued by local immigration offices within Thailand, after a non immigrant visa has been issued

Or you could get your Non-B at Immigration inside Thailand. :-)

• Like 1

No you cannot.

You can get a 12 month extension of stay based on working if you qualify.

No you cannot.

Oh yes you can, please check your facts. :-)

No you cannot.

Maybe with a visa conversion but the original visa would have had to have been "issued outside" Thailand. You cannot apply for a Non B visa in Thailand.

If you know otherwise then please share so we can all learn.

No you cannot.

You cannot get a Non B Visa at Immigration in Thailand.

I am not an expert in this but I would be careful before entering such an agreement. If the company has debt you may be subject for paying this debt off to as a partner.

I would venture out to far with any girlfriend. Sorry as I am not saying anything wrong about her and she may be a terrific person. But as your wife you would probably already be subject to her personal debt so then I guess it don't matter much then.

As the old saying goes: "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't".

No you cannot.

Yes as I recall the first one has to be a non-immigrant issued from outside the country. This technically allows you to get in to apply for the work permit. After the first year, it can be handled inside the country.

Have you gone over the books? Does she need you to help? Would you be a plus for the business?........Or is she planning ahead or already spending your money for a future expansion?.......And....Yes, Big Chances are that she will saddle you with a directorship or even Managing Director....thus the debts of. the business.

If the place is doing well and long established and you have a good track record with her as a gf.....maybe a good thing......If its a Restaurant/nightclub..beer bar.....no.

No you cannot.

Fact checking says you are wrong. If you have additional information please post to help others. If not, can the moderators please delete these posts as misinformation?

What work can be done by a foreigner and not a Thai in the restaurant trade ?

Decent accounting

Yes, accounting and financial/investment decisions, otherwise you need to show why a local person cannot do it. Actually, the government just wants the money. Is there a perceived minimum salary for non teachers ? I heard it was B70-80K a month and the taxes were around 17% or more, but I could be wrong.

If you are living and working with your girl friend it puts a strain on the relationship after a while, It is sometimes best to work different shifts.