My girlfriend has offered me work permit

I know of a lady who got her tourist visa converted to a non B at Bangkok immigration with the school she wa employed with. So I agree with big3116 that it can be done. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've also seen a friend get a non o based on his children using an 8 year old photo of him and his kid whom he hasn't seen in years at bok immigration. Let's no forget this is Thailand!

"She does not want me to bring any money to partnership" not now but what will you do when your a partner and she hits you up for a 1 mill baht loan? I speak from experience as I was in exactly the same boat , needless to say she took off when I declined her offer. Maybe yours is differant

"I speak from experience "

Always interesting how those who rush forward to offer advice have gained their expertise by first crashing & burning themselves. I guess that's why the football coaches in greatest demand are those with an impressive record of losses.

Edited by Suradit69

my question is why?

will you actually work for her?

or is she saying she can get u a wp so u can apply for a non b visa (single or Multi entry in Penang or a 1 year exteniosn after you have the single no b visa) so u can stay

otherwise why does she want/need you

...I heard it was B70-80K a month and the taxes were around 17% or more, but I could be wrong.

to keep a wp u need pay tax on an income of 25,000 ( for a Cambodian, Burmese & Laotian) up to 65,000 baht/month for an American and a few others.

Edited by phuketrichard

"She does not want me to bring any money to partnership" not now but what will you do when your a partner and she hits you up for a 1 mill baht loan? I speak from experience as I was in exactly the same boat , needless to say she took off when I declined her offer. Maybe yours is differant

Always interesting how those who rush forward to offer advice have gained their expertise by first crashing & burning themselves. I guess that's why the football coaches in greatest demand are those with an impressive record of losses.

I think you rushed your rather odd analogy without really reading my post. Crash and burn? on the contrary, I saved 1 million baht and got rid of scamming bitch in the process, In my book that's a win win!

• Like 1

Or you could get your Non-B at Immigration inside Thailand. :-)

No you cannot.

You can get a 12 month extension of stay based on working if you qualify.

Oh yes you can, please check your facts. :-)

Fact checking says you are wrong. If you have additional information please post to help others. If not, can the moderators please delete these posts as misinformation?

If you have at least 15 days remaining on your current permission to stay - be it a tourist visa or a visa exempt entry, you can go to one of the nominated Immigration offices, (of which CW is one, which is where I got mine), and change it into a nice new NON-B VISA issued INSIDE Thailand. Please see below what it will look like. :-)

post-236397-0-87669300-1441670725_thumb.

Hopefully this will educate and inform some users here. :-)

Edited by bigt3116
  • Like 1

my question is why?

will you actually work for her?

or is she saying she can get u a wp so u can apply for a non b visa (single or Multi entry in Penang or a 1 year exteniosn after you have the single no b visa) so u can stay

otherwise why does she want/need you

...I heard it was B70-80K a month and the taxes were around 17% or more, but I could be wrong.

to keep a wp u need pay tax on an income of 25,000 ( for a Cambodian, Burmese & Laotian) up to 65,000 baht/month for an American and a few others.

Incorrect, the minimum salary is for the extension of stay, NOT the work permit.

2 things are required to work and live in Thailand a work permit and a visa issued outside Thailand or an of extension of stay issued by local immigration offices within Thailand, after a non immigrant visa has been issued

Or you could get your Non-B at Immigration inside Thailand. :-)

My colleague converted his visa-exempt stamp into a Non-B at CW

last year no problem.

• Like 1

What work can be done by a foreigner and not a Thai in the restaurant trade ?

Cook, Manager, Sommelier, (or wine steward, is a trained and knowledgeable wine professional).

I have friends that do this.....!

As you are speaking from a past experience, I think the OP should be very very careful. As a partner, he will be liable to the debts of the company. So tell her since what she wants to offer you is a work permit which will allow you to stay here, let her employ you in her company (restaurant) as a worker and not a partner. As a worker, you are qualify for a work permit. You don't need to be a partner in order to get a work permit. Then get her reaction and move on from there.

Just like what the above comment said. If you afraid that will bring you a lot of trouble then you might tell her to be a worker not partner. So you will be fine if anything happen just like loan or anything that can lead to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Live and learn is always the mans way,not learn and live.