Austria to resume border limits on migrants

webfact

Austria to resume border limits on migrants
The Associated Press

BERLIN (AP) — Austria will roll back the measures that allowed migrants to cross the border in their thousands from Hungary over the weekend.

Chancellor Werner Faymann says the emergency measures will be lifted "step by step" in order to "ensure the common security of the (European Union's) external borders, safeguard fair asylum procedures and achieve a fair distribution of asylum seekers by means of a European quota."

Faymann spoke after discussing the migrant situation Sunday with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-07

I dunno if it works like that - Now the first wave has been welcomed, the impression that Austria has a 'Come one, come all' policy will have made its way down the grapevine: 'They took them, so they will have to take us too...'

A very dangerous precedent has been set by allowing people in this way. You should have seen the triumfant faces and V-signs the economic fortuneseekers were displaying when arriving in Munich.

All " refugees" should be registered and interned in the first country in the EEC they come to, period. If need be stronger measures than just teargas should be used. Islamic " refugees" refusing red cross packages, refusing help in general until they get what they want (ie to go to Germany) makes me extremely angry.

There is room, food and shelter at our eastern borders, if even Turkey, a safe haven already, is not good enough for these fortune-seekers.

Due to austerity measures in Holland for the last 7 years our pensioners are thrown out of old age homes, to fend for themselves, demented or not. The ones that are allowed to stay get a bath once a week, and 48 hour " diapers". Thousands of dutch people are homeless, many tens of thousands are actively searching (some for over 10 years) for a place to live.

There is no room, nor willingness (73 % says NO) to welcome more fortuneseekers - especially islamists- into our country. And I'm sure the same goes for Germany, no matter what "mother Merkel" is stating.

A very dangerous precedent has been set by allowing people in this way. You should have seen the triumfant faces and V-signs the economic fortuneseekers were displaying when arriving in Munich.

All " refugees" should be registered and interned in the first country in the EEC they come to, period. If need be stronger measures than just teargas should be used. Islamic " refugees" refusing red cross packages, refusing help in general until they get what they want (ie to go to Germany) makes me extremely angry.

There is room, food and shelter at our eastern borders, if even Turkey, a safe haven already, is not good enough for these fortune-seekers.

Due to austerity measures in Holland for the last 7 years our pensioners are thrown out of old age homes, to fend for themselves, demented or not. The ones that are allowed to stay get a bath once a week, and 48 hour " diapers". Thousands of dutch people are homeless, many tens of thousands are actively searching (some for over 10 years) for a place to live.

There is no room, nor willingness (73 % says NO) to welcome more fortuneseekers - especially islamists- into our country. And I'm sure the same goes for Germany, no matter what "mother Merkel" is stating.

Quite disgusting to make a link between war victims and austerity measures in Holland. Those austerity measures have been implemented before the big waves of refugees arrived in Europe.

Most are war victims from Iraq, Syria and Eritrea (harsh dictatorship of Isaias Afwerki in Eritrea).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/06/12/the-brutal-dictatorship-the-world-keeps-ignoring/

It is weakness from Europe and USA not to send troops to Syria to make an end to the war.

Weakness not to thrown the dictator in Eritrea of his thrown.

Indeed there are fortune seekers from some West-African countries, they should be sent back.

Kees 555: All I'm saying is that there is no room at the inn. We have nice, clean stables outside, will provide you with housing, food, water ,schooling and medical care until it is safe enough to go home, after the muslims have finished slaughtering eachother.

I would call that quite christian of Europe, don't you think?

No way do I want all those " real" refugees to come and live in Holland forever. My house is reserved for me, and my family.