my brand new keyboard don't work

steven100

I am very disappointed in my 150 baht keyboard purchase.

After typing a sentence at normal typing speed it misses some of the letters so I have to continually go back and correct ....

I think it's got something to do with the speed and pressure applied because if I type slowly it seems ok, but it's not correct as normal typing it should work.

Now ..... do i take my 150 baht keyboard back and try another one same ..... or smash it in anger and add another say 50 baht and buy a 200 baht keyboard .. total cost 350 baht blink.png

Is the OP genuine or just a troll? Are you really so frugal as to agonize over a 150 baht purchase?

Just last week I spent 5000 baht on a keyboard (yes mechanical with Cherry MX brown switches) and it's a gem. It is expensive but it's a pleasure to use and hopefully will service me for several years.

Is the OP genuine or just a troll? Are you really so frugal as to agonize over a 150 baht purchase?

Just last week I spent 5000 baht on a keyboard (yes mechanical with Cherry MX brown switches) and it's a gem. It is expensive but it's a pleasure to use and hopefully will service me for several years.

I spend similar amounts on my keyboards but I use them a lot and a better keyboard means faster work for me and less mistakes. It all depends what you use it for and what you expect.

Well, i believe you guys are partly correct because I bought one a couple of years back and it worked fine.

It has to do with the design of the key and the contact through the rubber pad under the key.

We have several Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combinations; only 1 USB port is required as the single receiver works for both. They are a bit more expensive (B550 to B1000 depending on style/design), but well worth the price. And Lazada typically has them at a discounted price. Forget the wired set-up, and forget anything under B300 for the keyboard alone.

well , I have since done further investigation on why and I think it's a fault occurrance when going from a

PS2 keyboard before and plugging in a new USB keyboard using an adaptor.

still looking into it .... it's the change from PS2 to USB that's causing delayed key strokes ??

I spend similar amounts on my keyboards but I use them a lot and a better keyboard means faster work for me and less mistakes. It all depends what you use it for and what you expect.

My Rosewill was about 3000 Baht....great....Also Cherry brown....would have preferred the red one, but not available.

With it I can write faster than I can think.....which often shows in the quality of my postings.

well in keeping up with the Jones , I just went out bought a 2400 baht keyboard .... whistling.gif

also, ran over the other one with the Chevrolet.

2400 is it a mechanical with Cherry switches?

They are the best one....

well in keeping up with the Jones , I just went out bought a 2400 baht keyboard .... whistling.gif

also, ran over the other one with the Chevrolet.

Hope you enjoy the new one. I'm sure you'll notice the difference.

Unfortunately I'm the same with computer mice now. Since having used a 'good' one I could never go back to a 200 baht piece. facepalm.gif

One source of the problem can be that the OP before had a keyboard, and installed his computer with a USB keyboard and later bought a keyboard with a PS/2 connector.

It happens that if you install your MS Windows (7, 8 or 10) computer with a USB keyboard installed then you have a problem with a PS/2 keyboard.

To switch back to using a PS/2 keyboard, the user needs to edit the Registry to restart thei8042prt service. To do this, In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt, edit the Start value and set it to a hex or decimal value of 1. Reboot and change to a PS/2 keyboard via the Keyboards section in Control Panel.

One source of the problem can be that the OP before had a keyboard, and installed his computer with a USB keyboard and later bought a keyboard with a PS/2 connector.

It happens that if you install your MS Windows (7, 8 or 10) computer with a USB keyboard installed then you have a problem with a PS/2 keyboard.

To switch back to using a PS/2 keyboard, the user needs to edit the Registry to restart thei8042prt service. To do this, In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt, edit the Start value and set it to a hex or decimal value of 1. Reboot and change to a PS/2 keyboard via the Keyboards section in Control Panel.

correct, however I was the other way, from PS/2 to USB keyboard using adaptor.

Old keyboard - direct plug in PS/2 worked fine.

I had a look at that registry before and entered the new registry preference name etc ... but couldn't work out how to set the Hex value = 1 0x00000000(0)

tried different ways but just didn't figure it out so I left it as it was and didn't proceed. Not keen on messing with the reg edit either. But there must be a way you can use the PS2 adaptor so it works ....

I'm sure many have encounted this before me.

I'm in heaven !!

I have been fighting with Firefox for the last 6 months or more as my browser takes 30-45 seconds to load the first page, the firefox start page. I tried 20 different scenarios .... deleted history, safe mode, bookmarks, add on's disabled ... everything .... pipelining , new profile, nothing worked

now I reverted back to Firefox 2010 .. Version 3.6.10

and it's fast !

browser opens in 3-4 seconds. But now I try to download Ublock or ABP and get an error :

Firefox could not install the file at

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/124634/addon-0.7-fx.xpi?src=api

because: Signing could not be verified.

What to do ???????? :(

I'm in heaven !!

I have been fighting with Firefox for the last 6 months or more as my browser takes 30-45 seconds to load the first page, the firefox start page. I tried 20 different scenarios .... deleted history, safe mode, bookmarks, add on's disabled ... everything .... pipelining , new profile, nothing worked

and it's fast !

browser opens in 3-4 seconds. But now I try to download Ublock or ABP and get an error :

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/124634/addon-0.7-fx.xpi?src=api

What to do ???????? sad.png

Buy a new computer or upgrade to Solid State Drive

I'm in heaven !!

and it's fast !

Ssd won't help much, the plugin is not smart enough to tell the difference between Ssd or spinning drive

I couldn't find much of a selection on Lazada. The majority there are flashy gamer types. JIB and Invadeit both have the Rosewill RK9000 which should suit your needs just fine.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/keyboards/rosewill/

Something to keep in mind though, if you're working in an office or area with other people the Cherry MX Blue switches can be quite noisy but they are generally preferred by 'typists' for their tactile and clicky feel. If you need something a bit quieter then the MX Browns are pretty good.

I'm in heaven !!

and it's fast !

Ssd won't help much, the plugin is not smart enough to tell the difference between Ssd or spinning drive

My point was that by upgrading either the computer in general or to an SSD then he could install the latest version of Firefox as it would only take seconds to load on a solid state drive.

I couldn't find much of a selection on Lazada. The majority there are flashy gamer types. JIB and Invadeit both have the Rosewill RK9000 which should suit your needs just fine.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/keyboards/rosewill/

Something to keep in mind though, if you're working in an office or area with other people the Cherry MX Blue switches can be quite noisy but they are generally preferred by 'typists' for their tactile and clicky feel. If you need something a bit quieter then the MX Browns are pretty good.

Thanks crabdog, that's useful - especially to find out about JIB