How to get my car and motorcycle to Koh Sumui - Want to move

CapeThai

Hi guys, I'm interested in moving from Pattaya to Koh Sumui but cannot find info on how to get my car and motor bike there. These are both in my name and I have the green books.. Will be renting out my condo in Pattaya and buy another in Sumui so no furniture needs to be moved.

Anyone here done this before ?

Ok, so It look like I have drive the car and put it on a ferry of some sort.... Anyone knows from which city port I can do this and how much it will cost ? I can always just leave the bike at my Pattaya condo for use when I go there and just buy another on Samui which seems to be a liable option

Ok, so It look like I have drive the car and put it on a ferry of some sort.... Anyone knows from which city port I can do this and how much it will cost ? I can always just leave the bike at my Pattaya condo for use when I go there and just buy another on Samui which seems to be a liable option

You drive to Donsak pier, about an hour south of Suratthani (Google maps will get you there)

You have a choice of 2 ferry services:

Seatran which will take you to Nathon

Raja which will take you to Lipa Noi.

Both cost 400 baht for a car with driver, 120 baht for each extra passenger.

The trip takes 90 minutes (Thai time - give or take)

First ferry is 6am, then hourly until last ferry at 7pm.

You can book online, but tickets are not refundable or exchangeable if you miss your time slot. Unless it is a weekend or a public holiday you should be OK to just rock up to any of the middle of the day ferries and take a chance on a berth - you may have to wait one or two hours if there is a queue.

You drive to Donsak pier, about an hour south of Suratthani (Google maps will get you there)

You have a choice of 2 ferry services:

Seatran which will take you to Nathon

Raja which will take you to Lipa Noi.

Both cost 400 baht for a car with driver, 120 baht for each extra passenger.

The trip takes 90 minutes (Thai time - give or take)

First ferry is 6am, then hourly until last ferry at 7pm.

You can book online, but tickets are not refundable or exchangeable if you miss your time slot. Unless it is a weekend or a public holiday you should be OK to just rock up to any of the middle of the day ferries and take a chance on a berth - you may have to wait one or two hours if there is a queue.

Thanks a million for the info my friend. This is the information I was looking for. Thanks again !!

Put the car on THE ferry (not "a ferry of some sort") http://www.ferrysamui.com. I shipped a bike via the post last month and it was a disaster. Wrapped up and believed to be secure, somehow they managed to put a crack in the bottom of the motor in transport. If the police asked them to re-enact that move I bet they couldn't. I did over insure it though and they helped me get it to Yamaha who unfortunately took three weeks to fix it. The post paid the bill but they failed to refund me for expedited shipping. I would avoid them if at all possible in the future unless the bike was crated.

You can ship a bike at the train station. Drive it to the station yourself and ship it as cargo on the train. You can watch them load and secure it. Pick it up at the train station in Surat Thani and take it across on the ferry yourself.

Drive the car, or pay someone to drive it for you. Ask some taxi drivers. I'm sure someone would be willing. Personally I'd drive it there myself though.

Send your bike through the postal system it will come all the way to Koh Samui if you send it by train you then have to get it from the mainland to Samui so the post office is the best way as for your car pay someone to deliver it for you and pay there flight back to Pattaya or drive it down yourself !!!!