Buying Vcds In Bangkok

Eastender

Does anyone know if and where I can buy lesser known English language VCDs? Such as Monty Python, or Only Fools and Horses etc.

Also, what about early Jackie Chan films, (before he started making crap films in America).

Thanks.

last summer I got a flyer for a shop in World Trade Centre offering exactly that,,Only Fools etc. No more details I'm sorry, and don't know whether the place still in business. Not a lot of help I know but it night jog someone's memory.

I don't remember about VCDs, but surely they make DVDs and old-fashioned VHS tapes. so I guess must be also making VCDs.

anyway

the shop is on the 2nd or 3rd floor of MBK (MaBoonKrong) bld, National stadium BTS station.

they have many movies of the sort you have mentioned, although can't promise you that they have exactly those you want.

but I saw there many movies in their catalogue whcih I'm sure can never see in any other store or rental...

and if you want music of similar sort - then ther is a shop near to that place, in Siam Square, I think near to book store Bookazine..... well at least I've seen there most of audio CDs I was interested in which I never see in any other stores. except may be the vendores on Khao San... :o

Of course, if you were asking about Pattaya, I could give you contacts for all this good British stuff - Billy Connolly, Fools & Horses, Fawlty Towers, Inspector Morse, Open All Hours ..... and so much more.

But you want BKK addresses and I don't like the place - don't cater for exotic farang tastes the way Patty does.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

If anyone visits the stores mentioned in this thread, please get whatever contact info you can from them (email, web page, phone number, etc.) and post it here! I live several hours north, so I’d like to talk them before visiting.

I saw another thread where people in Chiang Mai discussed sharing films. It seems like there is a small but dedicated contingent of people in Thailand who want more than the usual movie fare.

How could we set up a sharing/trading/borrowing club? Could we set up a web page listing films each member has? That way we could buy new things instead of duplicating and add to the library.

Thanks,

Ben Franklin... I mean Upcountry