I/O Promenada - did you or did you not use a visa agent - an evaluation

fang37

Some question why an agent.....When I made the runs myself I was over 30k out of town.....It used to be a lttle fun sometimes chatting with a pleasant person - or someoneyou knew....But the elbow fight and the moods got worse.....A neighbor used TVA and suggested it (he and I use to alternate early arrival/sign ins).....

Everything turned real pleasant and easy after that - show up/sign paperwork for the year & come back later and get your passport.....On 90 days - drop and pick up your passport at your leisure knowing within reason your passport was safe.....

Now - about 15k out but will stick with an agent.....Easy - simple and not time intensive.....With duly processed hand carried correctly and double checked......

One of the last times at imm there was almost a fist fight within 5 feet of me over - SPACE.....

I'm pretty easy going - until I am forced not to be.....So - rather than risk placing myself around surly people 3-4-5 times a year I choose to do it at my own pace and peace of mind......Well worth 1000 baht...

When I did it myself the appt system was hit and miss for availability - even if trying to book immediately after getting home.....

Don't have to worry about it anymore....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some question why an agent.....When I made the runs myself I was over 30k out of town.....It used to be a lttle fun sometimes chatting with a pleasant person - or someoneyou knew....But the elbow fight and the moods got worse.....A neighbor used TVA and suggested it (he and I use to alternate early arrival/sign ins).....

Everything turned real pleasant and easy after that - show up/sign paperwork for the year & come back later and get your passport.....On 90 days - drop and pick up your passport at your leisure knowing within reason your passport was safe.....

Now - about 15k out but will stick with an agent.....Easy - simple and not time intensive.....With duly processed hand carried correctly and double checked......

One of the last times at imm there was almost a fist fight within 5 feet of me over - SPACE.....

I'm pretty easy going - until I am forced not to be.....So - rather than risk placing myself around surly people 3-4-5 times a year I choose to do it at my own pace and peace of mind......Well worth 1000 baht...

When I did it myself the appt system was hit and miss for availability - even if trying to book immediately after getting home.....

B1000 - for what?

Quotes seem quite variable.

B1000 - for what?

Quotes seem quite variable.

The cost to do the 90 day reports.....one additional benefit discovered last trip was we're not stuck here if we have overlapping travel - we don't have to be here... just leave the passport with them and pick up upon returning....

My copies + TDL + wife is sufficient ......

It's been 4 years since I last 'Did my own' Visa, frustrating then and I would imagine even worse now.

I use Assist Thai Visa and know them to be an excellent company.

Even Poor Old Me can afford the fees about 7K for 1 year non imm and 4, 90 Day.

john

Where's Promenade ?

OS Visa does my 90 day reports at no charge. Retirement extension is handled by them, smooth as anything, passport back next day (the Immigration boss come in later in the day and signs everything).

The OS Visa staff are a delight to see!!

For only 7000 baht (includes the 1900 for the one year stamp)....

Only 7,000 baht?

So it's only US$150 to have someone cut the queue for you? That's great!

I also know of a place you might like to get your hair cut -- it's only US$250! What a bargain!

When my car needs gas I just get an agent to take it to the nearby station and fill it -- they only charge me US$350 AND they include one liter of petrol FREE!

Hold on....I have to light my Cuban cigar with a hundred dollar bill now....

It's been 4 years since I last 'Did my own' Visa, frustrating then and I would imagine even worse now.

I use Assist Thai Visa and know them to be an excellent company.

Even Poor Old Me can afford the fees about 7K for 1 year non imm and 4, 90 Day.

john

Where's Promenade ?

It's more than 7,000 baht with Assist Thai Visa. the price is 8,785 baht....see post #441 on this link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/841644-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service/page-18

The whole thing reminds me of the Thai education system. Can't get all the stuff you need at school so have to pay for the extra tuition. It's just a system of double charging which depends on the acquiescence of the consumer as well as the marketing tactics.