Selling up - gonna relax for a while

simon43

After due and careful thought, I've decided to sell my Bed & Breakfast business at the airport. My long-term lung illness is not getting any better - it will eventually lead to my demise. :(

So I've decided it might be prudent to relax on a beach somewhere with pretty women for a year or much longer :)

I won't detail my sale details here - I've put a classified ad on TV and relevant real estate websites (bahtsold etc). You can PM me as well.

Suffice to say, I am one of the lucky few in Phuket whose small business is doing well and expanding, thanks in part to my business reputation and the great cleaning lady that I employ. My business has not been negatively affected by the recent changes in tourist demographics in Phuket.

Suggestions of a beach location (anywhere on this planet) are welcome.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you ended up in Thailand years ago due to your lung problem/disease and need for a warmer climate

Yes, but as I get older, I am getting more lung problems. Fact of life for me - no surprise there at all.

So I feel it would be prudent to stop working and relax, because none of us know what the future holds for us.

If you are selling your business, without a divorce like you usually do, your situation must be serious.

I think you have done a good choice. It's always a good decision to play, instead of to work. I hope all the good for you.

If you wish to travel, I'd recommend South America. Colombia has Santa Marta and Cartagena. Both beach locations, a bit touristic, but it only adds colour. The ladies are, hermosa. Intelligent, strong minded and once you get the Latina blood warm,.. let's just say it's Salsa time after that.

You need a beach in a dry desert clime

Actually no. Dryness irritates my lungs. Hot and humid are the best combination. But even with that climate, the illness will slowly debilitate me. So I'm going to stay in this type of climate and just enjoy myself.

If you get a load of money go to Portofino...I certainly would...if I could...

Is Portofino so nice? I plan a summertrip to Europe with my wife and little daughter, want to see some nice places in Italy Spain, France and Switzerland. Please tell me more about what's so nice in Portofino ... Definitely also plan to visit Sicily to see the orange fields near Catania and visit Palermo's catacombs.

Edited by Dario

Don' forget to check your next beach location for a good hospital. It's not so good to die a slowly painfull way on Bora Bora. Thanks to nearby hospitals i came twice back on track so i know to good the game fighting for minutes for survive.

Edited by schlog

I opted for the easy life a few years ago now & can thoroughly recommend it Simon,

I wish you well with the sale of your business & I trust you find somewhere that suits you for your easy retirement.

Everybody else is throwing in their 2 Bobs worth on where to go so I might as well suggest Port Douglas (But it might be a tad expensive)

wai.gif

I opted for the easy life a few years ago now & can thoroughly recommend it Simon,

I wish you well with the sale of your business & I trust you find somewhere that suits you for your easy retirement.

Everybody else is throwing in their 2 Bobs worth on where to go so I might as well suggest Port Douglas (But it might be a tad expensive)

wai.gif

So how come you're moderating here now, seems a contradiction?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I did mention it was expensive, certainly against Thai prices.

I am still waiting to win the 1st prize in the lottery, then it's off to somewhere like this.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-port+douglas-120593877

Back on topic, any ideas where you might head to next Simon ?

Amazing area and I've been to Port Douglas, but I prefer the central California coast. It's a wee bit pricey too.

After due and careful thought, I've decided to sell my Bed & Breakfast business at the airport. My long-term lung illness is not getting any better - it will eventually lead to my demise. :(

So I've decided it might be prudent to relax on a beach somewhere with pretty women for a year or much longer :)

I won't detail my sale details here - I've put a classified ad on TV and relevant real estate websites (bahtsold etc). You can PM me as well.

Suffice to say, I am one of the lucky few in Phuket whose small business is doing well and expanding, thanks in part to my business reputation and the great cleaning lady that I employ. My business has not been negatively affected by the recent changes in tourist demographics in Phuket.

Suggestions of a beach location (anywhere on this planet) are welcome.

If I was thinking of leaving Phuket and wanted to stay in Thailand the only place I would consider is Prachaup Khiri Khan, fantastic beach within Wing 5, no crazy drivers and a very char char way of life, I will be moving there in the future!!

Really sorry to hear about your illness, seems though that it has caused you to have a major look at your priorities in life and methinks you have made a great decision.

Good luck to you and may you have a hell of a ball for the rest of your life. God bless.